Windows 10: Network Adapter not detectin my Router Wifi

Discus and support Network Adapter not detectin my Router Wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is my PC not detecting my home Wifi router. but it detects other available networks/wifi routers?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arun Sama, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Arun Sama Win User

Network Adapter not detectin my Router Wifi

Why is my PC not detecting my home Wifi router. but it detects other available networks/wifi routers?

:)

Arun Sama, Apr 17, 2019
  2. 24C
    24c Win User

Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

Network Adapter not detectin my Router Wifi [​IMG]

3. theonedub Win User
    Using spare Router as Wifi Adapter

I've got this DIR-655 that is collecting dust and I also happen to need a Wifi N adapter for my PC. I remember a long time ago (using DDWRT) I was able to use an older LinkSys router a a Wifi adapter- basically I would plug in a computer, DVR box, and a PS3 into the LAN ports on the router which is then connected to the main router through its Wifi.

I'm 95% sure that my previous setup essentially used the second router a a repeater, but I do not think the DIR655 supports that function and it is not DDWRT compatible. Is there a way for me to rig the hardware I have now to get this working? I know its probably easier to just buy a N adapter, but I figure there is no point in wasting what I already have.

Thanks,

theonedub, Apr 17, 2019
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Missing, FIOS Router or MB Issues?

Accidental Function keypress for the wifi adapter or Airplane mode. There have been cases that systems have gone into Airplane mode in Windows 10 for some unknown reason, which could just be someone setting their sleep or hibernate states incorrect.

If it is not in the registry or in Device Manager, it was uninstalled along with the driver.

bro67, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Network Adapter not detectin my Router Wifi - Similar Threads - Network Adapter detectin

2. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  3. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  4. One specific WIFI network my router wifi is appearing in the available networks and didn’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One specific WIFI network my router wifi is appearing in the available networks and didn’t...: One specific WIFI network my router wifi is appearing in the available networks and didn’t connect it. Others available wifi not appearing. Only mobile hotspot wifi connect...
  5. One specific WIFI network my router wifi is appearing in the available networks and didn’t...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One specific WIFI network my router wifi is appearing in the available networks and didn’t...: One specific WIFI network my router wifi is appearing in the available networks and didn’t connect it. Others available wifi not appearing. Only mobile hotspot wifi connect...
  6. One specific WIFI network my router wifi is appearing in the available networks and didn’t...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My wifi network adapter is gone

My wifi network adapter is gone: Hi, so my wifi network adapter stopped working so I uninstalled it but I didn't click the box that said delete from device. I have reset my computer 4 times but the adapter doesn't come back, I tried calling Microsoft support but they hung up on me haha. Is there any fix to...
  8. Wifi Adapter Disconnecting from Wifi Router

Wifi Adapter Disconnecting from Wifi Router: Hello Guys, My pc is around 5 years old, recently I started having cut outs in my wifi connection. I have comcast but since the modem is far away, I use a network card to connect to the router. The router I use is NetGear R6250 its an AC compatible router or wifi 5 as now...
  9. Network Adapters not working after resetting Wifi Router?

Network Adapters not working after resetting Wifi Router?: Hello, I reset my wifi router today by unplugging the power and plugging it back in, because I was having slowdowns and that usually fixes it and has never given me any issues before. I had my PC connected via Ethernet at the time I did that. Wifi was back up and running...
  10. Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Missing, FIOS Router or MB Issues?

Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Missing, FIOS Router or MB Issues?: Hi: Thanks for having me on your forum.*Smile As the title of my post states, I'm having issues with my Windows 10 Wifi or lack thereof. Let me clarify. I just got FIOS installed back in May 2016. Originally, it was supposed to be installed in March but then Verizon...