Windows 10: Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect

Discus and support Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am running a desktop Lenovo M81 SFF, with Windows 10 with most recent updates. I use this as a headless server that i remotely access with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zak.znfdcz, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect

Hello,

I am running a desktop Lenovo M81 SFF, with Windows 10 with most recent updates. I use this as a headless server that i remotely access with remote desktop and it is connevted with an ethernet cable to my router.

Every couple of days it seems that the computer either powers off the ethernet card or just simoly disconnects from the LAN. When i go to check on it, the computer is powered on and the indicator light on my router is lit, but does jot indicate any activity. Where the ethernet cable is plugged into my computer there are no lights onindicating the card powered off. In Device Manager, under power management i have deselected “allow the computer to turn this device off” to no avail. I have attempted to update the driver for the network card and it appears there is one additional update but the computer says the driver is fully up to date and will not allow me to update even when i download the update manually and attempt to install manually.

Im not sure if some background service could be causing this or what the issue is.

Please advise.

:)

zak.znfdcz, Jan 1, 2021

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.

Hi! I have an issue where my USB Wireless network adapter will disconnect from the internet randomly, however it doesn't fully disconnect from my home WiFi, that still works for some time, but websites will fail to load. Online games and apps like Discord
    also still work until it fully disconnects from wifi. This will happen randomly throughout the day and the only way I can fix it is removing the device from the USB port and putting it back in. This solution sucks, it's not happening right this moment, but
    as soon as it happens again I will get the error from troubleshooting. I am using the Cudy drivers included on the adapter itself and they are fully up to date as the website has no additional drivers. EDIT: It has nothing to do with USB port or the device
    itself, as it happens on every USB port I have tried (I may need to try more) and also happened with my previous USB adapter.

LoganRybak, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect

Bluetooth adapter disconnects randomly. (NOT just devices.)

First of all, let me list all my specs.

ASUS ROG GL752VW

Intel core i7 6700 @ 2.6GHz

Windows 10x64

16GB RAM

Now my problem: my Bluetooth adapter seems to disconnect randomly and I have no idea why. Sometimes it will go months without ever disconnecting, and sometimes it disconnects and goes months without even working. The little icon disappears from my taskbar, and I am unable to use Bluetooth. My computer reports that I don't have bluetooth. I am not sure of the exact adapter but I do know it is Intel and that they are together. I never ever have any issues with WiFi however Bluetooth is just causing me all sorts of hell.
    I've tried all of the following things, so please don't suggest them...

Rebooting. Tried it multiple times

Reinstalling the drivers. With and without rebooting.

Uninstalling the device from Device Manager and reinstalling it.

"Repair"ing the driver from the installer.

Can anyone help me?

Thomas Sebestyen, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect

1. Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect - Similar Threads - Network Adapter seems

2. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting: My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770 with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly...
  3. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting: My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770 with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly...
  4. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network adapters seem not to work

Network adapters seem not to work: Hi, I am new to Win 10. One day all of a sudden I couldn't access the internet, I tried to reinstall the driver for my WiFi device, but it didn't work. Since I used VPN and virtual machine software, uninstalled all VPN and virtual machine related software and devices,...
  6. Network adapter disconnects randomly, no system event triggered

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adapter disconnects randomly, no system event triggered: System is built about a year and 3 months ago with Windows 10 Pro installed. Randomly, the onboard network adapter would disconnect / fail and if I try to [Restart], it would hang on the [Restart ...] screen. I have to Power Down the system completely, and it would be fine...
  7. WiFi adapter randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi adapter randomly disconnects: I'm running Windows 10 pro 2004 Build 19041.388. Currently, my WiFi adapter disconnects randomly for a very short time. This results in the "no Internet"-globe symbol with no networks nearby for a few seconds. I have tested with 2 brands (Netgear, tp-link) and different...
  8. Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.

Wireless network adapter will disconnect from internet randomly.: Hi! I have an issue where my USB Wireless network adapter will disconnect from the internet randomly, however it doesn't fully disconnect from my home WiFi, that still works for some time, but websites will fail to load. Online games and apps like Discord also still work...
  9. Display adapter disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display adapter disconnects randomly: Dell Laptop 7400 2n1 and connecting to an Epson 595wi projector installed with the Microsoft Wireless Adapter Laptop connects without any issues and is consistently works. We proceeded to install district wide, we started to name them per the room they were going in, and...
  10. Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting

Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting: I have a Lenovo B50-30 Touch laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter. For about a year, I've had this issue where I'm connected to the Wi-Fi with no issues at all, then suddenly I get disconnected and I don't get reconnected automatically. When I go...