Windows 10: Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager

Discus and support Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm setting up a new SURFACE Pro 7 to replace my Pro 4. New machine won't connect to the Internet via my home wi-fi. Device manager lists the adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Donald Eager, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager

I'm setting up a new SURFACE Pro 7 to replace my Pro 4. New machine won't connect to the Internet via my home wi-fi. Device manager lists the adapter and says the driver is current. However, the General tab says "Currently. this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code 45." It advises to reconnect this hardware to the computer. No information on how this is to be done. Tried all kinds of troubleshooting steps to no avail. HELP!!!!

:)

Donald Eager, Dec 15, 2020

2. Network adapters show up in device manager but not network connections

Hi Benxas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Are you connect to Wired/Wireless network?

If you are connected to wireless network the I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

If you are Connected to wired connection, then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click the Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters, right-click your Broadcom adapter, and select
      Properties.
    • In the Driver tab, click Driver Details.
    • Under Driver files, if the path listed ends with either k57nd60a.sys or k57nd60x.sys, or a variant of this file name, then please continue with the solution provided below.
      If it does not match these file names, the proposed workaround is not likely to resolve your issue.
      Please post the make and model of your PC, along with the driver file name, and the Driver Date and Driver Version listed in the Driver tab, along with an explanation of the symptom you are experiencing.

If the name of your Broadcom driver matches k57nd60a.sys or k57nd60x.sys, to resolve your problem:
    • Return to the Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters, right-click your Broadcom adapter, and select
      Properties.
    • In the Advanced tab, look for and select the property, “Receive Side Scaling”.
      Set it to Disabled, and click OK.
    • You may need to reboot your computer.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 15, 2020
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Dec 15, 2020
  4. jwblue Win User

Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager

Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

I ran the Lenovo Solution Center. Network Adapter was not listed in the hardware scanned. Not sure if there is a separate listing for that normally or not.

Ever since I ran a power cycle the adapter has not appeared in the Device Manager.

Does anyone believe removing the adapter and putting it back would solve the issue? I would rather not open my computer if there is little chance of it solving the issue. I am a complete novice doing this.

Not sure if this is relevant but in my Network Adapter in Device Manager there was "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter". It has since disappeared.

jwblue, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager

1. Network adapter shows device not connected in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Network adapter shows

2. Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.: I bought a ASUS TUF Gamming F15 FX506LHB 1 year ago and the Network adapter has abruptly stopped working. It had been working fine beforehand.It is not showing up in Network and Sharing Centre. It was hidden in Device Manager. In fact the Bluetooth options have disappeared as...
  3. Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.: I bought a ASUS TUF Gamming F15 FX506LHB 1 year ago and the Network adapter has abruptly stopped working. It had been working fine beforehand.It is not showing up in Network and Sharing Centre. It was hidden in Device Manager. In fact the Bluetooth options have disappeared as...
  4. My wireless network adapter does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wireless network adapter does not show in device manager: I just downgraded from windows 11 to 10. When I went to go connect to the wifi nothing showed. Then I watched videos on how to fix it nothing works....
  5. My wireless network adapter does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My wireless network adapter does not show in device manager: I just downgraded from windows 11 to 10. When I went to go connect to the wifi nothing showed. Then I watched videos on how to fix it nothing works....
  6. blutooth adapter not showing in show hidden devices in device manager

blutooth adapter not showing in show hidden devices in device manager: I re installed windows 10 but lost the ability for Bluetooth. the Bluetooth adapter is not even showing up as hidden device in device manager! how do iget it back and working?...
  7. wireless adapter not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless adapter not showing in device manager: My wireless adapter is not in device manager, I only have ethernet connection. help me figure this out, please! I want my wireless back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-adapter-not-showing-in-device-manager/d829b831-b7f2-4cea-82a5-1f020d7bfad1
  8. wireless adapter not showing in device manager

wireless adapter not showing in device manager: I have an Asus X555Q laptop. I replaced the hard drive and installed Windows 10 with a USB drive. I did not have a restore option. I downloaded all the drivers from Asus, but no matter what drivers I use, they do not find my wireless adapter. There were 2 drivers for...
  9. Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter Ok in Device Manager not in network connections etc: So originally I upgraded my mini PCI card and was trying to get that working... It was recognized in the device manager but not the network connections.. I could not see the adapter to use or enable/disable etc despite having the drivers up to date. Now I have my old card...
  10. Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/. . .: I'd like to make a shortcut to Device Manager/Network Adapters/Nvidia nforce networking controller. Or, better still, a batch command to disallow the device from waking the computer. The problem is that it frequently reverts to allowing wake, thus making it impossible to...