Windows 10: Network Adapter Suddenly Stops Working

Discus and support Network Adapter Suddenly Stops Working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem where I suddenly lose network connection. Sometimes I regain it after a while, but most often my network selection, after freezing up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nicholas Christoph, May 9, 2020.

1. Network Adapter Suddenly Stops Working

I have a problem where I suddenly lose network connection. Sometimes I regain it after a while, but most often my network selection, after freezing up for a bit, shows no available networks afterwards, and the device manager stops displaying my network card. Restarting fixes this, but not the overall problem.

I have of course tried multiple ways of fixing the problem, such as:

• Reinstalling and updating the driver
    • Downloading and installing the driver directly from the vendor's website
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the network card itself
    • Performing a network reset
    • Uninstalling other software and devices that I suspected might cause conflicts

None of these seemed to change anything.

I do not think that there is an issue with the physical card, though I really don't know much about the hardware so I can't be sure. The card does however have an LED on it that I assume is supposed to indicate whether it is connected, and it stayed on even while I had no connection shown on my PC.

The network card is an ASUS PCE-AC88 802.11ac, and I am running Windows 10 version 1909.

I am totally lost here and would appreciate any help!

:)

Nicholas Christoph, May 9, 2020
  2. WillNida Win User

network adapter isn’t working

Hello,

i recently just purchased a gigabyte gc-wb867d-i network adapter, and installed it properly. Even after installing the appropriate software, etc, it still wont work. In network properties, it says the status of the adapter is non operational. I dont really
    know what is going on, my previous adapter suddenly stopped working, so i purchased this new one, which also doesnt work. This leads me to bellieve this might be a windows problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks

WillNida, May 9, 2020
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, May 9, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Network Adapter Suddenly Stops Working

Network bridge suddenly stopped working in windows 10

Hi Shantanu,

To isolate your concern, we would like to know how your network bridge is connected? Is it a wireless connection or a wired connection?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set up your network bridge to refresh the adapter and reconnect the other devices. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Add Incoming Connections from the Internet.
    • Bridge the two network connections that you want to use.
    • Forget the internal network connection (under
      Manage Known Networks).
    • Reconnect to your bridge network.
    • Restart your computer and check if your concern persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Network Adapter Suddenly Stops Working

1. Network Adapter Suddenly Stops Working - Similar Threads - Network Adapter Suddenly

2. Time Sync stops working with multiple network adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Sync stops working with multiple network adapters: I'm hoping to get help with an issue I'm facing. I current have two network adapters connected to my computer. One adapter is internet connected DMZ, with 10.30.*.* subnet, the other is not and connects my computer to my internal network printer, NAS, and home automation...
  3. Time Sync stops working with multiple network adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time Sync stops working with multiple network adapters: I'm hoping to get help with an issue I'm facing. I current have two network adapters connected to my computer. One adapter is internet connected DMZ, with 10.30.*.* subnet, the other is not and connects my computer to my internal network printer, NAS, and home automation...
  4. Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working

Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working: Been using this for around a year and it has suddenly stopped working. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips I've found, but nothing has resolved my issue. The device doesn't show up in the device manager and doesn't light up when plugged in as it used to....
  5. Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working: Been using this for around a year and it has suddenly stopped working. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips I've found, but nothing has resolved my issue. The device doesn't show up in the device manager and doesn't light up when plugged in as it used to....
  6. Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Network adapter stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter stop working: Hi,my network adapter FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 430 MU-MIMO sometimes when i download something stop working and force me to restart my pc. Besides i've to restart my pc by power button otherwise it'll stay on "restarting pc" screen forever.I've tried already to update drivers...
  8. Network adapter stop working

Network adapter stop working: Hi,my network adapter FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 430 MU-MIMO sometimes when i download something stop working and force me to restart my pc. Besides i've to restart my pc by power button otherwise it'll stay on "restarting pc" screen forever.I've tried already to update drivers...
  9. Suddenly the network adapter stopped working then after restart it worked again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly the network adapter stopped working then after restart it worked again: The problem is solved, I guess, but I want to know what could be the reason of this sudden thing on my laptop running windows 10 [10.018363 build 18363]. I'm a noob and googled this but only found resolutions of the problem and not causes, which is making me uneasy cause I...
  10. Network adapter frequently stops working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter frequently stops working properly: I started having an issue when I updated my windows 10 to the latest version, where my network adapter would stop working all of a sudden maybe an hour after being on the computer, and my settings/control panel, wouldn't work or open, and I couldn't reset my network adapter,...