Windows 10: Network Adapter

Discus and support Network Adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The other day I was having a problem on my desktop PC I'm on my Laptop now where I could not change my DNS. that's not a problem anymore though so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EzraTreasure, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Network Adapter

The other day I was having a problem on my desktop PC I'm on my Laptop now where I could not change my DNS. that's not a problem anymore though so I was looking up ways to fix it and one of them suggested I uninstalled the network adapter in device manager, so I did that and there was a popup box that had a checkbox in it but I forgot what it said if it helps I did not check that box, anyway after that all it did was change the icon of the adapter by adding one of those yellow triangle error icons, I thought that was normal because I would be reinstalling it anyway, so I right-clicked desktop and clicked scan for hardware changes. and it did nothing, I even tried restarting the network or whatever its called in the settings. So now my computer cannot connect to the internet and when I click the internet icon on the taskbar nothing shows up and all it has there is the internet settings button, any help is appreciated. The computer is an Inspiron One 2020

Thanks.

:)

EzraTreasure, Jan 22, 2020

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Network Adapter

Install a driver for your network adapter

Go to the list of network adapters in the control panel, turn of the lan and turn it on again. See if that helps.

Peter1986C, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Network Adapter

1. Network Adapter - Similar Threads - Network Adapter

2. qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting: Hi, I'm having issues with my Acer Aspire laptop. I've booted it up to find that no WiFi connections are appearing, and I've been offline for several days. My other devices are connected as normal.After some quick research, I've opened Device Manager and found the fault is...
  3. qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting: Hi, I'm having issues with my Acer Aspire laptop. I've booted it up to find that no WiFi connections are appearing, and I've been offline for several days. My other devices are connected as normal.After some quick research, I've opened Device Manager and found the fault is...
  4. qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  6. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  7. Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.: I use to have issues with my network adapters with them randomly disappearing and disconnecting, and I tried everything to fix them. I then reset windows and my data on my computer, but now instead of the internet turning off, the whole computer just freezes and crashes when...
  8. Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.

Network adapters would disappear until i data reset my computer, and now freezes and crashes.: I use to have issues with my network adapters with them randomly disappearing and disconnecting, and I tried everything to fix them. I then reset windows and my data on my computer, but now instead of the internet turning off, the whole computer just freezes and crashes when...
  9. network adapter driver missing again anda again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network adapter driver missing again anda again: i installed windows 10 enterprise in my HP core i3 4th gen pc model is z230 once i installed network adapter drive then windows giving me a message that is your pc will be restart after 5 minutes so after restarting network adapter driver installed successfully but when i...
  10. network adapter driver missing again anda again

network adapter driver missing again anda again: i installed windows 10 enterprise in my HP core i3 4th gen pc model is z230 once i installed network adapter drive then windows giving me a message that is your pc will be restart after 5 minutes so after restarting network adapter driver installed successfully but when i...