Windows 10: network adapter

Discus and support network adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is waking my desktop up from sleep all the time. I read to check the box which says under power management to check the box which says to allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maranna, Nov 28, 2016.

1. maranna Win User

network adapter

This is waking my desktop up from sleep all the time. I read to check the box which says under power management to check the box which says to allow this to turn this PC off - so I did.
    It still does it.
    I found it under event viewer.
    Is there some way I can stop this from awaking my PC so often?

:)

maranna, Nov 28, 2016
  2. reteach Win User

Network adapter

When i open the Device Manager, there is a list of 8 adapters of which none have the yellow triangle indication of not working. I checked properties and all drivers are working properly. The problem is I don't have a network adapter driver for this I guess.

reteach, Nov 28, 2016
  3. reteach Win User
    Network adapter

It is the Galaxy TabPro S, 64 bit OS Intel(R) Core (TM) m3-6Y30 CPU

reteach, Nov 28, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

network adapter

Go to the properties window for your wired network adapter (Control Panel --> Device Manager --> Network Adapters --> pick adapter, then right click and pick "Properties." Go to the Power Management tab, and make sure "Allow this device to wake the computer" is unchecked." It's greyed-out on my PC, but the option may be live (and checked) on yours.
    For wireless adapters, go to the Advanced tab, and make sure the value set for Wake on Magic Packet is Disabled.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 28, 2016
  5. maranna Win User
    I had done only one entry; now it is OK and thank you.

maranna, Nov 28, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    You're quite welcome. Glad it helped you fix your issue.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

network adapter

1. network adapter - Similar Threads - network adapter

2. Network adapter showing code 56 error and can't access Internet with ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter showing code 56 error and can't access Internet with ethernet: I have wifi ethernet adapter for my desktop and I'm getting under Device Manager is the little yellow triangle with the exclamation mark, and Device status of "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56". I did originally install update the...
  3. Network adapter showing code 56 error and can't access Internet with ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter showing code 56 error and can't access Internet with ethernet: I have wifi ethernet adapter for my desktop and I'm getting under Device Manager is the little yellow triangle with the exclamation mark, and Device status of "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. Code 56". I did originally install update the...
  4. Wireless Network Adapter: error code 45

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Network Adapter: error code 45: Hi, this morning I couldn't connect my laptop to the hotspot on my phone, because wifi seems to be missing. I found the hidden Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network Adapter, which gives the following error code:This hardware device is not connected error code 45. To solve the...
  5. Wireless Network Adapter: error code 45

Wireless Network Adapter: error code 45: Hi, this morning I couldn't connect my laptop to the hotspot on my phone, because wifi seems to be missing. I found the hidden Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network Adapter, which gives the following error code:This hardware device is not connected error code 45. To solve the...
  6. Problem with Network adapter 0xC00000E5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Network adapter 0xC00000E5: Operational Sstem: windows 11pc:Aspire A517-52Gthe Network adapter usedHey guys so ive been trying to fix this issue for quite some hours but i cant get the network adapter to work because of this problem:A problem occurred when starting the device...
  7. Problem with Network adapter 0xC00000E5

Problem with Network adapter 0xC00000E5: Operational Sstem: windows 11pc:Aspire A517-52Gthe Network adapter usedHey guys so ive been trying to fix this issue for quite some hours but i cant get the network adapter to work because of this problem:A problem occurred when starting the device...
  8. Windows 11 Idle Timeout Reason Network Adapter : Network Adapter not found; SSID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Idle Timeout Reason Network Adapter : Network Adapter not found; SSID: Hello Experts, We are actually investigating the Windows laptops that didn't go on Idle timeout in a day with the help of Event viewer ID 506. When we tested the logic on few devices, we are getting the reason as "EventId : 506; Network Adapter : Network Adapter not found;...
  9. Windows 11 Idle Timeout Reason Network Adapter : Network Adapter not found; SSID

Windows 11 Idle Timeout Reason Network Adapter : Network Adapter not found; SSID: Hello Experts, We are actually investigating the Windows laptops that didn't go on Idle timeout in a day with the help of Event viewer ID 506. When we tested the logic on few devices, we are getting the reason as "EventId : 506; Network Adapter : Network Adapter not found;...
  10. My network adapter didn’t work in my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter didn’t work in my computer.: My computer doesn’t connected to the Internet. It says “No Internet access, No connections available.” How am I supposed to open apps when my PC’s network adapter is not working....