Windows 10: network adapter

Discus and support network adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is waking my desktop up from sleep all the time. I read to check the box which says under power management to check the box which says to allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maranna, Nov 28, 2016.

1. maranna Win User

network adapter

This is waking my desktop up from sleep all the time. I read to check the box which says under power management to check the box which says to allow this to turn this PC off - so I did.
    It still does it.
    I found it under event viewer.
    Is there some way I can stop this from awaking my PC so often?

:)

maranna, Nov 28, 2016
  2. reteach Win User

Network adapter

When i open the Device Manager, there is a list of 8 adapters of which none have the yellow triangle indication of not working. I checked properties and all drivers are working properly. The problem is I don't have a network adapter driver for this I guess.

reteach, Nov 28, 2016
  3. reteach Win User
    Network adapter

It is the Galaxy TabPro S, 64 bit OS Intel(R) Core (TM) m3-6Y30 CPU

reteach, Nov 28, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

network adapter

Go to the properties window for your wired network adapter (Control Panel --> Device Manager --> Network Adapters --> pick adapter, then right click and pick "Properties." Go to the Power Management tab, and make sure "Allow this device to wake the computer" is unchecked." It's greyed-out on my PC, but the option may be live (and checked) on yours.
    For wireless adapters, go to the Advanced tab, and make sure the value set for Wake on Magic Packet is Disabled.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 28, 2016
  5. maranna Win User
    I had done only one entry; now it is OK and thank you.

maranna, Nov 28, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    You're quite welcome. Glad it helped you fix your issue.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

network adapter

1. network adapter - Similar Threads - network adapter

2. Network Adapter doesn't show up, and I have a Media Disconnected status

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter doesn't show up, and I have a Media Disconnected status: No connectivity, ethernet adapter shows up but no wifi. Just set the computer back up after a move, and upon starting the network adapter doesnt work. Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek Gaming GBE Family Controller Physical address (MAC): e0:d5:5e:88:ec:34 Status:...
  3. how to reinstall microsoft hosted network virtual adapter if cant find file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to reinstall microsoft hosted network virtual adapter if cant find file: [ATTACH] there is no Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter because I uninstalled it reason was that there had no enable option only update and when I tried to update to see if I can get the enable option there was none I tried everything in my power and on internet...
  4. Issues with Network Device Intel Ethernet Adapter X710-DA4 X710DA4FHBLK

Issues with Network Device Intel Ethernet Adapter X710-DA4 X710DA4FHBLK: Hi Guys, since the newest windows update I'm facing an issue with the Intel Ethernet Adapter X710-DA4 X710DA4FHBLK driver. I always get the message: Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56). Do I need another driver or how could I solve...
  5. Driver for Network Adapter

Driver for Network Adapter: I have a Aspire R5-571T running Windows 10 64 bit operating system. I got this laptop in February this year. I recieved it at my college and thus set it up on the the college Wi-Fi. Went home for summer and when I returned to college my laptop started acting strange. The...
  6. Configuring Network Adapter Properties via CMD..?

Configuring Network Adapter Properties via CMD..?: Does anyone know how to use Command Prompt to configure the Network Adapter Properties? [ATTACH] Would be handy to not have to access this window, which is buried pretty deep, every time they need to be altered... 141527
  7. Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter

Constantly need to reset wireless network adapter: So, within the past 2 weeks my Lenovo laptop has developed a case of constantly needing to reset the wi-fi adapter. I've searched various help forums and have already: Confirmed my drivers are up to date Changed my power management settings Confirmed my wi-fi autoconfig...
  8. Network adapter not showing up in task manager.

Network adapter not showing up in task manager.: I was trying to setup a mobile hotspot and it wasn't working so I uninstalled the device from task manager and was hoping to just scan for hardware changes it be there and I reinstall drivers but it's completely gone and I can't find it tried installing drivers restarting pc...
  9. Hyper-V Network adapter not connected in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V Network adapter not connected in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Hyper-V is a great utility built right inside the Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise editions to enable users to deploy Virtual Machines and other virtualization objects on their computers. Mostly used by the enterprise, Hyper-V is mostly used to deploy [...]...
  10. Install a driver for your network adapter

Install a driver for your network adapter: I accidentally dropped my windows 10 laptop and now this image is showing. also the only thing showing is airplane mode. Nothing else[IMG]. What do I need to do to fix this?[IMG]...