Windows 10: Network adapters drivers randomly disappearing and reappearing (Build 2004)

Discus and support Network adapters drivers randomly disappearing and reappearing (Build 2004) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been on 2004 for a while now and have not had any major issues iirc. I have had one other major issue recently, but I cannot remember if it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ripboimas, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Network adapters drivers randomly disappearing and reappearing (Build 2004)

I've been on 2004 for a while now and have not had any major issues iirc. I have had one other major issue recently, but I cannot remember if it was before or after I installed this update - my touchpad stopped working properly, tried reinstalling/replacing drivers but it still hitches every now and then.

Unrelated to current issue but my touchpad basically sometimes becomes extremely inaccurate and will move on its own if my finger is just on the pad, making navigation a huge pain. I did not connect the dots to the update before, but the fact that it happens sometimes and not other times could indicate that it's similarly related.

Anyway, here's my laptop specs: https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c05349018 , let's get started.

drivers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

-------------------------------------------------------------

The issue described:

Network drivers/adapters randomly disappear and reappear from device manager, leaving me unable to connect to the internet. I've tried troubleshooting and it doesn't seem to detect that the drivers are missing and can only suggest plugging in the ethernet cable. I've left feedback on this already using windows feedback.

Details:

All of this happened in the scope of less than 12-15 hours. So, earlier in the morning both my LAN and WiFi work fine, I use my computer normally to play some games and watch some stuff i'd downloaded weeks ago, no new files were downloaded/installed.

I turn off my laptop and come back a few hours later only to find that my laptop cannot detect ANY wifi signals, my wifi settings are gone and there is no wifi driver in device manager. My internet still works via ethernet, but no wifi is detected. I try installing 3 different driver versions from my manufacturer's website, but none of them show up in device manager after installation/after restarting when the installation is complete. I also try intel's driver update tool and update the three drivers it picks up to be out of date (intel graphics, bluetooth and wlan). This also does not work, so after wasting a couple hours on this, I give up and fall asleep for a few hours.

Note: I've also tried things suggested online from microsoft, like troubleshooting which does not detect the drivers disappearing and can only suggest plugging in my ethernet. I also tried network reset from settings, which supposedly internally reinstalls drivers and restarts the computer.

In this process, there have been at least one other time where BOTH ethernet and wifi were gone together from my network settings and device manager, but randomly fixed itself in between many restarts. I've also checked obscure solutions people have offered like checking if WLAN autoconfig is running in services (it is set to run automatically and not disabled).

Anyway, back to now. I turn on my laptop again after being asleep for a few hours and now my wifi connection works fine but my ethernet is not being picked up. My port lights up when it is working, so I can tell it's working on the hardware level, but windows is not picking up. I do a quick check up on device manager and the intel driver is installed, not any realtek ones as listed in the HP website.

I restart the computer just to see what happens and then both my ethernet and wifi stop working altogether. This persists for several tries - restarts and shutdown, waiting and turning back on - until it decides ethernet internet works again and now here we are.

My assumption is that it is not a hardware issue since wifi worked fine when it reappeared and even ethernet was acting out, but I'm currently just baffled as to what to do next. I'm trying to find a way to make this work without a windows reinstall, but if it comes to that I guess I have to do it.

Regardless, I would like some feedback.

submitted by /u/ripboimas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ripboimas, Aug 10, 2020

2. Wireless network driver randomly disappears and reappears - Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that wireless network driver randomly disappears on Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with Windows Update.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.
    Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with
    Network Adapter. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

You may run the Power troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting”.

• Click on “View all” and select “Power”.
    Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter completely. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

You may also want to reset the WiFi router to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 10, 2020
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Network adapters drivers randomly disappearing and reappearing (Build 2004)

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Network adapters drivers randomly disappearing and reappearing (Build 2004)

1. Network adapters drivers randomly disappearing and reappearing (Build 2004) - Similar Threads - Network adapters drivers

2. WiFi Keeps disappearing and reappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Keeps disappearing and reappearing randomly: I built my pc a few months ago and only recently I started dealing with this issue. I would restart my pc and at random the Wi-Fi disappears and only reappears after a few days. I’ve tried finding fixes and did everything that the internet tells me but the most I can do is...
  3. WiFi Keeps disappearing and reappearing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Keeps disappearing and reappearing randomly: I built my pc a few months ago and only recently I started dealing with this issue. I would restart my pc and at random the Wi-Fi disappears and only reappears after a few days. I’ve tried finding fixes and did everything that the internet tells me but the most I can do is...
  4. Network adapter has randomly disappeared and uninstalled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter has randomly disappeared and uninstalled.: I was just scrolling through my browser on my Lenovo laptop and it suddenly disconnects from the WiFi. Shortly after it blue screens with a watchdog code and restarts the laptop. When it boots back up I find out the network adapter has been uninstalled/is now missing. How do...
  5. Network adapter has randomly disappeared and uninstalled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter has randomly disappeared and uninstalled.: I was just scrolling through my browser on my Lenovo laptop and it suddenly disconnects from the WiFi. Shortly after it blue screens with a watchdog code and restarts the laptop. When it boots back up I find out the network adapter has been uninstalled/is now missing. How do...
  6. Network adapter has randomly disappeared and uninstalled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network Adapter Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Adapter Disappeared: Hi all, Yesterday I noticed that my Wifi connection on my HP PC Windows 10 dropped and gave me the notifiation “Not connected - no connections available”. I hadn’t done anything different so it was a bit odd. After looking through the device manager and some quick fix...
  8. drive randomly reappears and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive randomly reappears and disappears: I only have a 256 gb ssd and a random E drive randomly appeared with a lot of storage. So I downloaded games onto the drive and then it disappeared. But it recently disappeared with all the files still there and was even able to open an application, but it soon crashed and...
  9. Network adapter disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network adapter disappears: Hi, After upgrading from W7 to W10 Home edition on an old Packard-Bell PC, connection with the LAN is often lost. If I look Network Connections in the Network and Sharing Center, the adapter has disappeared. If I then go the Device Manager, the adapter is shown as not...
  10. network adapter driver disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    network adapter driver disappeared: Microsoft did an update last Tuesday and somehow my network adapter driver disappeared so I can't get on the internet. Where can I go to get my network driver back? I assume that I will have to download it to a USB and then install it on my computer. Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network adapter keeps disappeared

2. network adapter drivers disappear then reappear after restart

3. network adapters randomly disappear