Windows 10: Network adaptor disappears after updates

Discus and support Network adaptor disappears after updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Each time my laptop updates, when I turn it back on, I can't access WiFi. It tells me my only network connection is ethernet. The only way I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HaydenJones3, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Network adaptor disappears after updates

Each time my laptop updates, when I turn it back on, I can't access WiFi. It tells me my only network connection is ethernet. The only way I've been able to fix this issue is by restoring my laptop to a point before the update and doing a network reset. Is there any way to make sure it doesn't delete my network adaptor? Or to just turn off updates?

:)

HaydenJones3, Jan 19, 2020

2. Network adaptor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    For games I suggest you to disable the proxy settings and then try to download the games.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 19, 2020
  3. brummyfan Win User
    Wifi Network Adaptor disappearing - HW or SW? How to fix?

You can stop WU updating your drivers by going to Control Panel, System, Advanced system Settings then Device Installation settings in Hardware tab, select No radio button.

Network adaptor disappears after updates [​IMG]

brummyfan, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Network adaptor disappears after updates

Network adaptor

I won't click Me Too because not sure it's identical.

NB: apparently for some problems going to Network Adaptor in Device Mgr and doing UnInstall is step 1.

Reboot re-installs it auto-magically. Which is step 2.

Alas, I ended up with Driver up to date, Adaptor working fine, but
    "Missing Protocol"
    which halts cable network

So no LAN.

BernardBenTremblay, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Network adaptor disappears after updates

1. Network adaptor disappears after updates - Similar Threads - Network adaptor disappears

2. Wifi logo disappears and network adaptor disappears aswell as internet shutdown when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi logo disappears and network adaptor disappears aswell as internet shutdown when...: Whenever i open valorant or any other game to play by the wifi works for the first few minutes then it disconnects i don’t find the wifi logo anywhere, only on device manager under hidden, the only solution is to network reset from settings and it takes 5 minutes. I’ve tried...
  3. Wifi logo disappears and network adaptor disappears aswell as internet shutdown when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi logo disappears and network adaptor disappears aswell as internet shutdown when...: Whenever i open valorant or any other game to play by the wifi works for the first few minutes then it disconnects i don’t find the wifi logo anywhere, only on device manager under hidden, the only solution is to network reset from settings and it takes 5 minutes. I’ve tried...
  4. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adaptors: I have a surface 3 laptop running on windows 10 with wifi modem.Suddenly stopped working with message ‘No internet detected’. Toggled power on laptop and modem, no joy. wifi is fine on other devices so no issues with wifi as such. Advised to install a wifi usb which got me...
  5. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adaptors: I have a surface 3 laptop running on windows 10 with wifi modem.Suddenly stopped working with message ‘No internet detected’. Toggled power on laptop and modem, no joy. wifi is fine on other devices so no issues with wifi as such. Advised to install a wifi usb which got me...
  6. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network adaptor

Network adaptor: Hello i am trying to reinstall my network adpotor for my windows 10 pc. I just got this pc and i was trying to figure out why i could not connect to internet when i Deleted my network adpotor. When ever i try to do a hardware scan it does not pop up again. Please someone...
  8. WIFI network adaptor missing after microsoft update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIFI network adaptor missing after microsoft update: My computer did a Microsoft update on 9/8 and now my wifi network adapter driver is totally missing. How do I get it back, download a new one or reverse the update?...
  9. network adaptors

network adaptors: i have just installed a usb network adaptor on my pc can i link the pc adaptor to the usb adaptor to boost signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adaptors/543b3297-9579-4534-b667-70621a16baaf
  10. Network adaptor has disappeared when upgrading to W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adaptor has disappeared when upgrading to W10: I'm running 8.1 and successfully upgraded to 10 last night. Unfortunately, my network adaptor has disappeared and I have no available WIFI connections. The only option is to connect via ethanet which unfortunately my Lenovo Yoga cannot do. I cannot troubleshoot without an...