Windows 10: Network adaptor problem

Discus and support Network adaptor problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, Need help with something please. The basics- new Asus x509ua machine from January. Sometimes the network adapter is not found by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Travis2, May 11, 2020.

1. Travis2 Win User

Network adaptor problem

Hello all,

Need help with something please.

The basics- new Asus x509ua machine from January. Sometimes the network adapter is not found by the computer.

This has been happening on and off since I bought the machine. It happened two or three times back in Feb/Mar and just now happened again. The network adapter is not discoverable or found by the computer so I have no internet options. I've been through steps previously of downloading and installing drivers and some other things so have a bit of experience with it. Also sometimes I just fixed itself, where the problem was there and I couldn't solve it, then turned the computer on after two days and the adapter was there. This time there's a different problem.

Turned computer on today, no internet options. Go to device manager, network adapters, the list only shows the 8 WAN miniports, so I click show hidden devices and get the full list including the QualcommAtheros adapter.

I right click on it and uninstalled it, but now I don't know how to reinstall it because I can't see it. I'm hoping it will just magically reappear like it has in the past as I don't know what else to do. This has happened at a really bad time as I'm working from home and need to use the computer.

Would anyone know what I should do? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Travis2, May 11, 2020

2. Network adaptor

I won't click Me Too because not sure it's identical.

NB: apparently for some problems going to Network Adaptor in Device Mgr and doing UnInstall is step 1.

Reboot re-installs it auto-magically. Which is step 2.

Alas, I ended up with Driver up to date, Adaptor working fine, but
    "Missing Protocol"
    which halts cable network

So no LAN.

BernardBenTremblay, May 11, 2020
  3. Internet and Network problems

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

This issue may occur due to the outdated network adaptor driver. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter, it will automatically troubleshoot the network problem and check. If it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Network troubleshooter.
    • Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist try the below provided information.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to update network adaptor driver. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Device manager.
    • Locate for Network adaptor and expand it.
    • Right click on the adaptor device and click on
      update.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 11, 2020
  4. Network adaptor problem

Network adaptor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    For games I suggest you to disable the proxy settings and then try to download the games.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Network adaptor problem

1. Network adaptor problem - Similar Threads - Network adaptor problem

2. wireless network adaptor windows 11 problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless network adaptor windows 11 problem: i have a problem where the network wireless adaptor gets disconnected the second i open a tab or play a game, i cant even get a game or a video to start without resetting the pc or the network connection in general. But it always come back to the same problem and i'm sick of...
  3. wireless network adaptor windows 11 problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless network adaptor windows 11 problem: i have a problem where the network wireless adaptor gets disconnected the second i open a tab or play a game, i cant even get a game or a video to start without resetting the pc or the network connection in general. But it always come back to the same problem and i'm sick of...
  4. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adaptors: I have a surface 3 laptop running on windows 10 with wifi modem.Suddenly stopped working with message ‘No internet detected’. Toggled power on laptop and modem, no joy. wifi is fine on other devices so no issues with wifi as such. Advised to install a wifi usb which got me...
  5. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adaptors: I have a surface 3 laptop running on windows 10 with wifi modem.Suddenly stopped working with message ‘No internet detected’. Toggled power on laptop and modem, no joy. wifi is fine on other devices so no issues with wifi as such. Advised to install a wifi usb which got me...
  6. Network adaptors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. network adaptor having problems..

network adaptor having problems..: Hi there, new laptop. 3 months old - 11-ak0508sa 11.6" Laptop - Intel® Celeron™, 32 GB eMMC wont recognise any wifi networks, theyu just dont appear in the list. Ive gon through the trouble shooting stuff checked wifi is om, flight mode if off. rebooted, etc etc Ran...
  8. Network adaptor

Network adaptor: Hello i am trying to reinstall my network adpotor for my windows 10 pc. I just got this pc and i was trying to figure out why i could not connect to internet when i Deleted my network adpotor. When ever i try to do a hardware scan it does not pop up again. Please someone...
  9. Wireless Network Adaptor problems

Wireless Network Adaptor problems: Every few months I lose internet connection on my computer and I get the same error message about problem with the network adaptor. I have the following message: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adaptor is experiencing driver or hardware-related problems. I...
  10. network adaptors

network adaptors: i have just installed a usb network adaptor on my pc can i link the pc adaptor to the usb adaptor to boost signal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adaptors/543b3297-9579-4534-b667-70621a16baaf