Windows 10: Network/advanced Shares

Discus and support Network/advanced Shares in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to share a folder (via properties to sharing tab) that is owned by TrustedInstaller, or do I have to take ownership just like some of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karanza725, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Network/advanced Shares

Is it possible to share a folder (via properties to sharing tab) that is owned by TrustedInstaller, or do I have to take ownership just like some of the folders?

Please Note: I am not trying nor attempting to destroy my computer in any way shape or form, I am only asking this question for informational purposes only.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

:)

Karanza725, Dec 24, 2018

2. Network and Sharing

Hi Senay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is almost similar like other Windows Operating Systems.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Search>> Type Network and Sharing center>> Click on it to open (click on Change advanced sharing settings).
    • Then you will find the options to change it to Public.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Network/advanced Shares

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Network/advanced Shares

1. Network/advanced Shares - Similar Threads - Network advanced Shares

2. network/sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network/sharing: In windows 10, how do I setup a home network between my tower and laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networksharing/b21f213d-0107-4026-afec-0117a3068774
  3. Network share

Network share: Have windows 10 with a shared drive. I'm using an android app (Solid Explorer) to watch TV shows on my Android device. If I reboot Windows and then on my Android device try to rename or copy and paste a shared file no problem, as soon as I watch the TV show I cant move it...
  4. Network shares

Network shares: I have 3 machines, a desktop named AUX which runs on XP, a desktop named DESKTOP which runs on Win 10 1903 and a laptop named LAPTOP which runs on Win 10 1809. DESKTOP only recently updated itself to 1903 and now it will not access my LAPTOP shared folders. AUX sees and has...
  5. Windows Advanced Sharing Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Advanced Sharing Center: I am having this problem with the File and Printer Sharing option in the Advanced Sharing Settings when imaging new PCs. Sometimes, the PC images correctly and has the File and Printer Sharing option enabled, where other times this setting is disabled. This happens randomly...
  6. Network sharing.

Network sharing.: I have two windows 10 computers, but only one is visible in the other's file explorer. I've made sure that file and printer sharing is turned on on both computers, as well as network discovery. What is the problem please? Regards, Stuart...
  7. Advanced network sharing - deciding - ghost in the PC

Advanced network sharing - deciding - ghost in the PC: Hello - first post Everytime I go to change advnace sharing to turn network discovery on and save changes It boots me out of the gui back to desktop and will not save the change I have tried running it as admin no same result My android tablet can no longer find my pc...
  8. Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall And Advanced Sharing Settings: Hello. I'm running the latest Windows 10. At the moment I'm running windows firewall. One of the reasons I'm using windows firewall is because in the advanced sharing settings, network discovery and file and printer sharing is turned off in private, guest and public, and all...
  9. Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working

Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working: I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine) So the problem is that any changes I make in the Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Centre are getting changed but their effects are not taking place. For...
  10. Advanced sharing query.

Advanced sharing query.: I have four computers on a network. (Two are 32 bit and two are 64 bit) On three of these, if I wish to share a folder - when I go to "GIVE ACCESS TO" - I get the usual choices. On the remaining machine, I get the one choice "ADVANCED SHARING". How can I bring this into...