Windows 10: Network and Internal Drive momentarily disconnecting

Discus and support Network and Internal Drive momentarily disconnecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am finding that Windows keeps dropping it's connection to the network drive momentarily at seemingly random intervals between about 1.5 to 6 minutes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AiioApeira, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Network and Internal Drive momentarily disconnecting

I am finding that Windows keeps dropping it's connection to the network drive momentarily at seemingly random intervals between about 1.5 to 6 minutes.

A similar phenomenon is occurring with one of my internal drives (originally out of a WD portable external disk). The drive disconnects every so often (less frequently than the network drive) and then reconnects. I have never had this issue before and struggling to find a cause.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

AiioApeira, Oct 4, 2015
  2. Alamo308 Win User

Windows 10 installing Anniversary update fails (UEFI Boot layout) 0xC1900200 / 0xC1900201

Would this (disconnect all 'extra' drives) include drives I access over the home network, and my PC's internal CD/DVD drive?

This update issue is driving me crazy.

Alamo308, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Unable to disconnect from mapped network drive

I receive the following error when I try to disconnect from a self mapped network drive: "network connection does not exist"

The network drive icon appears with a bid red x and says it is disconnected, yet I can double click on it to enter the mapped folder. Doing this does not reconnect the folder, and remains disconnected. This causes problems because programs that pointed
    to this path are unable to read the files. I am unable to remap this drive because the associated drive letter (ENetwork and Internal Drive momentarily disconnecting :) and mapping no longer shows up in the list.

I've tried all the typical suggestions including:

--I tried to do it via the command prompt with the net use delete command, but it can't be found in there.

--Tried to above with the actual network path instead of the drive letter, did not work

--Tried to delete the registry entries from:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2

HKEY_USERS\. Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Mountpoint2\

None of these solutions worked. Though deleting the registry entries momentarily hid the disconnected drive, the drive letter was still not available for mapping. I tried to force the drive letter (ENetwork and Internal Drive momentarily disconnecting :) to map to my optical drive, which worryingly, pointed
    back to the mapped network location on the NAS instead of to the optical drive.

How do I get rid of this? Reformatting the computer is not an option.

RMI_Howard, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

Network and Internal Drive momentarily disconnecting

1. Network and Internal Drive momentarily disconnecting - Similar Threads - Network Internal Drive

2. Internal Harddrive Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Harddrive Disconnecting: Hi there I made a grave mistake of forgetting that my internal harddrive 1tb was not screwed in when i picked up my pc to move it, and it fell out of its seating to the bottom of the case. Nothing seems to have gone wrong at first. A few times over the next two weeks the...
  3. Internal Harddrive Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Harddrive Disconnecting: Hi there I made a grave mistake of forgetting that my internal harddrive 1tb was not screwed in when i picked up my pc to move it, and it fell out of its seating to the bottom of the case. Nothing seems to have gone wrong at first. A few times over the next two weeks the...
  4. Internal Harddrive Disconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use: Hi everyone I have a problem with my pc: Windows 10 64 Bit Versione 2004 Scheda Madre: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE rev. 1.0 AM4 ATX con Versione Bios F30 Scheda Video: MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus GP OC Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X AM4 3,6GHz 32MB Cache Box Ram: RAM G.Skill Trident Z...
  6. Disconnected Network Drive or Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disconnected Network Drive or Folder: Perhaps someone out there has a simple solution to this. I have two computers running Windows 10, and one of those computers has a mapped network drive (specifically a folder). Accessing files on that folder is quite simple, but sometimes it disconnects. If I attempt to...
  7. Network drives disconnecting automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network drives disconnecting automatically: Hi all - I am at a lose as to what to do with the issue I have, reference to network drives dropping off the system? I have 2 network drives, that have been working fine for years, I am guessing since a widows upgrade, I now after a short period if time lose them and other...
  8. Internal network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal network: How do I set up a private internal network between two (or more) PCs, but not through a router, or on the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-network/be48e24c-bab9-46ec-98ea-633dc0b4e62c
  9. Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use.: My internal hard drive is completely disconnecting from the motherboard while i am using my computer and it causes most of windows processes to go into not responding to the point of me having to use commands to restart my computer as even task manager immediately goes not...
  10. Disconnect internal hard drive externally

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnect internal hard drive externally: Being anal about backups and having issue after issue with Win 10, I need a way to physically disconnect/reconnect an internal backup hard drive with out cracking open the case and unplugging it. All of my hard drives are ssd. Ron 98831