Windows 10: network and printers not showing

Discus and support network and printers not showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have recently updated our four work computers to windows 10. Mine shows none of the network computers or printers under network. Under printers it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lynleyg, Jan 4, 2016.

1. lynleyg Win User

network and printers not showing

We have recently updated our four work computers to windows 10. Mine shows none of the network computers or printers under network. Under printers it shows one of our four printers but says driver unavailable and the spooler is not working.
    I can get onto two of the other computers using a link under my quick access bar which was set up on our previous windows, so it can go to these computers, but they are not showing up on the network.
    I have googled some of these questions and tried control panel/ administrative tools/ services/ to turn on UPnP Device host to automatic but it wont start and comes up with Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start. Similar for SSDP discovery and Print spooler.
    Under change advanced sharing options I pick 'turn on network discovery' but it wont stay on/keeps going back off.
    I may be able to find a way to get onto the printers I need but would ideally like everything to show up properly under network.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Lynley

:)

lynleyg, Jan 4, 2016

2. Printer showing in devices and printers but not available when printing documents

Canon MG4100 is showing in list of installed printers in Devices and Printers but when I try to print a document in MS Office or Adobe is doesn't show as an option.

Janet Lishman, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Printer showing in devices and printers but not available when printing documents

Hi Joe

Thanks for the prompt - I have now updated the driver and it works perfectly.

Janet Lishman, Jan 4, 2016
  4. Railtech Win User

Are you using a Microsoft account to logon to your computers? If so your problem is probably user name related. Under Win 10 with Microsoft Account logon your email address associated with the Microsoft Account is your user name. You would need to change you Network User Permissions Usernames to the email address used for your Microsoft Account.

Railtech, Jan 4, 2016
Thema:

1. network and printers not showing - Similar Threads - network printers showing

2. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The network shows my PRINTER as a PC: When I try to connect to my pc from my Laptop, the network shows my PRINTER as a PC and also as a printer, But the PC does not show up on the network,? How can I fix that?...
  3. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The network shows my PRINTER as a PC: When I try to connect to my pc from my Laptop, the network shows my PRINTER as a PC and also as a printer, But the PC does not show up on the network,? How can I fix that?...
  4. The network shows my PRINTER as a PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network printer connected, but shows as offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network printer connected, but shows as offline: I have one user who is connected to 3 RICOH MP 4055 printers. For some reason they are all showing offline and he's the only person with this problem in the office. Any advice?...
  6. Windows 10 networked printers not showing in Devices and Printers

Windows 10 networked printers not showing in Devices and Printers: I accidently uninstalled all printers in the spool from devmgmt i restarted the spool print with no luck , restart my windows 10 , same problem ?...
  7. network printers

network printers: help me what can i do to see the network shares computers, one computer dont see the enother network computer. thanksssssssss 159271
  8. Printer shows as a computer on my WiFi network

Printer shows as a computer on my WiFi network: Control panel shows two computers on my network. The one identified BRW008..... is my Brother wifi printer. The printer also shows correctly as a printer. Why is this? [ATTACH]...
  9. Network Printer

Network Printer: Hi, Could someone explain how Windows 10 can discover my printer but I cannot ping it via its IP? The model of my wireless printer is HP P1102w. My laptop network config is as follows: IP: 192.168.3.169 Subnet: 255.255.255.224 Gateway: 192.168.3.161 My printer IP...
  10. Network Printers

Network Printers: I have two HP network printers. After I install them I go to the Control Panel Devices and printers, and rename tboth of the printers so that the users will know which HP printer they should use. After I reboot the machine, In the Settings ->Devices page, the...