Windows 10: Network and Sharing Option

Discus and support Network and Sharing Option in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Network section suddenly i cannot access other devices under my local network. i cannot see see other pc for file transfer. it happened suddenly. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Safaiat Hossain, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Network and Sharing Option

In Network section suddenly i cannot access other devices under my local network. i cannot see see other pc for file transfer. it happened suddenly. i used that service regularly but suddenly it stooped showing. Network and Sharing Option 7aec4874-e081-46e5-9dfe-c590eb9b902d?upload=true.png

:)

Safaiat Hossain, Mar 20, 2020

2. Network and Sharing

Hi Senay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is almost similar like other Windows Operating Systems.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Search>> Type Network and Sharing center>> Click on it to open (click on Change advanced sharing settings).
    • Then you will find the options to change it to Public.
    Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Network and Sharing Option

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Network and Sharing Option

1. Network and Sharing Option - Similar Threads - Network Sharing Option

2. SSD Gone after network and sharing option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Gone after network and sharing option?: So, i was playing a game, and it froze. I opened my task manager and tried ending the program. When i clicked on End Task, the program would not close, and instead the task manager closed. A pop up about something about Network and sharing popped up, and i clicked on it. I...
  3. SSD Gone after network and sharing option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Gone after network and sharing option?: So, i was playing a game, and it froze. I opened my task manager and tried ending the program. When i clicked on End Task, the program would not close, and instead the task manager closed. A pop up about something about Network and sharing popped up, and i clicked on it. I...
  4. Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing: I have 5 pc's2 are Windows 73 are windows 10 one of which is a laptopall are up-to-date with windows updatesall have been run with 'Restoro' and all have System Mechanic Ultimate, and it's up-to-date.all security and sharing folders are configured to full control correctlyall...
  5. Network Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing: To make sure the problem can be solved, allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows firewall settings.Step 1. Click "Start" > "Control Panel" > "Windows Firewall" > "Allow a program through Windows Firewall".Step 2. In the pop-up window, check "File and Printer Sharing" in the...
  6. Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing / Folder Sharing / Network Locations: Hello ! I hope you are all well and I also hope that I can find some ideas around here: Things are as it follows: I have Desktop PC connected to a router via cable and several other laptops around the house, connected via Wifi, to the same network / same router,...
  7. Network Sharing

Network Sharing: Hi all, I would like to share my files via network sharing by giving access to specific colleagues. How does this work? I am not able to find any of my colleagues on my network when I type in their names. If I share my Microsoft Access database via this method, would my...
  8. Sharing Options

Sharing Options: Hi My name is Srinivas, I am having problem with folder sharing and i am unable to share more then 20 users in windows 10, can you please help out how to increase more users because i have 50 systems and i want sharing my folders to all....
  9. Networking and Sharing

Networking and Sharing: I got a new PC with Windows 10 Pro. I tried to set it up to be visible on my home network for file sharing. But, after I set this in Network and Sharing, it reverts to 'not visible'. This works fine on my devices with Windows 10 home and 8.1, but not on this new device. Am I...
  10. Network sharing

Network sharing: I have a network with 7 computers (USING WORKGROUP). I use one for a "server" and there is one program on it that needs to be accessed from the other computers. I need to map a drive to a certain location on this "server" to run the program. All computers work fine except...