Windows 10: Network anomaly

Discus and support Network anomaly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows XP Pro 32-bit with a PCI network card. On reboot, half the time Network Connections shows both: Internet Gateway Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ivan8ias, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Ivan8ias Win User

Network anomaly

I am running Windows XP Pro 32-bit with a PCI network card. On reboot, half the time Network Connections shows both:

Internet Gateway
    Internet connection - - - - - connected

And other times it just shows:

LAN or Highspeed Internet
    Local Area Connection - - - - - - - TP-LINK Gigabit PCI Network Adapter

Either way, I get Internet connectivity, however in the first instance when there are 2 connections, Internet Gateway shows speeds of 10Mbs, while the LAN Connection (including Internet) shows speeds of 100Mbs. Why is that, do you suppose? Thank you for your help.

:)

Ivan8ias, Jul 17, 2017

2. Windows 10 Networking Anomaly

What are the IP addresses of the various devices?

Frederik Long, Jul 17, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Networking Anomaly

You might be dealing with a firmware bug in one of your devices. I recently had a similar problem with a router. After an exhaustive (and exhausting) investigation it turned out that it worked perfectly unless I used the 192.168.11 subnet. In your case
    I would replace one device after the other until you can nail the culprit.

Frederik Long, Jul 17, 2017
  4. Network anomaly

Hi Ivan8ias

Not sure if there is an XP forum and will this forum relates to W10 but might I suggest you open up the device properties (Device Manager, right click on adapter) and the set the speed to 100Mbs Full Duplex. Don't let the system decide what is best.

Not sure what kind of cable you are using and how it is strung, that is it over with and intertwined with line voltage, but it could just be that it senses, at certain times, that 10Mbs is the best it can get. Cables are not all created equal.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 17, 2017
Thema:

Network anomaly

1. Network anomaly - Similar Threads - Network anomaly

2. why is svchost.exe taking up my whole network bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is svchost.exe taking up my whole network bandwidth?: my network card is always at full usage for the past few days. how do i fix this issue?svc.JPG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-svchostexe-taking-up-my-whole-network/71ccf5ae-fa67-4ea0-ae2f-7dbeeab3877d
  3. why is svchost.exe taking up my whole network bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is svchost.exe taking up my whole network bandwidth?: my network card is always at full usage for the past few days. how do i fix this issue?svc.JPG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-svchostexe-taking-up-my-whole-network/71ccf5ae-fa67-4ea0-ae2f-7dbeeab3877d
  4. why is svchost.exe taking up my whole network bandwidth?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My windows and 11 install has frozen on. Let’s connect you to a network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows and 11 install has frozen on. Let’s connect you to a network.: My new install from a USB drive onto a brand new computer has stalled with. Let’s connect you to a network.Next is out and not an option. I’m not sure what to do next I am a cat5 cable from a known good source. I have rebooted my router, like Microsoft recommended....
  6. My windows and 11 install has frozen on. Let’s connect you to a network.

My windows and 11 install has frozen on. Let’s connect you to a network.: My new install from a USB drive onto a brand new computer has stalled with. Let’s connect you to a network.Next is out and not an option. I’m not sure what to do next I am a cat5 cable from a known good source. I have rebooted my router, like Microsoft recommended....
  7. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update: I have a Lenovo G50-80 notebook. When I do a fresh install, I can see my Huawei router's 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks. After Windows finishes updating and installs the Intel network driver, I can no longer see the networks. If I delete the driver from the Device...
  8. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update: I have a Lenovo G50-80 notebook. When I do a fresh install, I can see my Huawei router's 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks. After Windows finishes updating and installs the Intel network driver, I can no longer see the networks. If I delete the driver from the Device...
  9. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

10. Stuck on lets connect you to a network

Stuck on lets connect you to a network: Im reinstalling windows onto my laptop via a usb. When i got to the lets connect to a metwork screen nothing pops up. When i try doing shift + f10 or fn+shift+f10 it doesnt pull up the command prompt. Really frustrated...