Windows 10: Network assigning additional letters/numbers to disk drive.

Discus and support Network assigning additional letters/numbers to disk drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; AFter adding a disk drive to my network, the drive is assigned number and letters after the disk name. Programs cannot find the disk and I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MorrisTate, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Network assigning additional letters/numbers to disk drive.

AFter adding a disk drive to my network, the drive is assigned number and letters after the disk name. Programs cannot find the disk and I cannot rename it.

:)

MorrisTate, Jan 24, 2019

2. Network assigning additional letters/numbers to disk drive.

AFter adding a disk drive to my network, the drive is assigned number and letters after the disk name. Programs cannot find the disk and I cannot rename it.

MorrisTate, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Network assigning additional letters/numbers to disk drive.

That will work, but will not let me rename the drive to sea_fn, which other progams need (mymovies). I need to the name to be sea_fn without the additional letters/numbers being assigned by the network or dune.

MorrisTate, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Network assigning additional letters/numbers to disk drive.

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Network assigning additional letters/numbers to disk drive.

1. Network assigning additional letters/numbers to disk drive. - Similar Threads - Network assigning additional

2. Can't assign a letter for drive in Windows Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't assign a letter for drive in Windows Disk Manager: I have a drive which have three partitions one unallocated, I want to change the letter of a partition. I can't change the drive letter.. i tried many software but I can't. Please help Thanks in advance. Here is the Image >> [ATTACH]...
  3. Assigning Drive Letter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assigning Drive Letter: I am trying to assign a particular letter to one of my hard drives. None of my other drives are assigned that letter, but it is not listed in the choices. Is there something I can do?...
  4. Problem permanently assigning drive letters to flash disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem permanently assigning drive letters to flash disks: I have two flash disks of the exact same brand and size (128GB each, formatted as exFAT). I have a problem in that when I insert either of them in a USB port, it's assigned a drive letter which may not be what I would like. Ideally I want each flash disk to be always assigned...
  5. Order of drive letter assignment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Order of drive letter assignment: I have a desktop system with a C drive (SSD), a D (Raid SATA) , E (SSD). I also have an Epson WP-4535 connected via a USB port. For whatever reason, Windows assigns the next three drive letters to the printer, I'm not clear why. These assignments don't show up explorer, or...
  6. Assign a drive letter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Assign a drive letter: When I plug an external hard drive to my PC (Windows 10) via the USB, the computer does not recognize it in Windows Explorer. I have to go into Disk Management to assign the drive a letter before I can see it in Windows Explorer. Is there an option in Windows 10 to...
  7. Change assigned drive letters

in Windows 10 Support
    Change assigned drive letters: Haven't done this in a while. Never in W-10 Want to move and reassign: On Disk 0 (F) becomes (D) 15 MB assigned by OS On Disk 1 (H) becomes (E) Second SSD drive On Disk 2 (D) becomes (F) First HDD used for storage On Disk 3 (E) becomes (G) External 1 GB for File History,...
  8. Cannot Assign Drive Letter

Cannot Assign Drive Letter: Normally when a drive has no drive letter, I can assign one in disk manager but not this time. Disk Manager does not provide the option of assigning a drive letter so I cannot use the drive??? [img] 111481
  9. Trouble Assigning Drive Letters

Trouble Assigning Drive Letters: Okay, I recently moved my complete MAME set to an external hd, which my computer designated "D." I also backed up my computer to a separate external hd, which my computer designated as "K." I want the backup hd to be "D" and the MAME hd to be something else. I selected...
  10. Cannot assign a drive letter

Cannot assign a drive letter: Hi folk. I have an external drive where the electronics of the case has failed. I have switched the drive into my pc so that I can use it as an internal drive. The drive is still operational but I cannot see it listed in my drives. Opening up disk manager shows the drive is...