Windows 10: Network Attached Storage Connections

Discus and support Network Attached Storage Connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently installed a new computer at our church with Windows 10 Pro. We have a local network attached storage WD MyCloud DL2100 and it can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DALEHERBRANSON, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Network Attached Storage Connections

I have recently installed a new computer at our church with Windows 10 Pro. We have a local network attached storage WD MyCloud DL2100 and it can be reached by any 'local' account on the other computers. However, when a computer is logged onto the Windows365 account, multiple attempts to connect to the NAS are rejected entering the PW for the 365 account is rejected and then the administrator account for the network drive is rejected. It also refuses to remain connected if I can map the drive using the device name it is registered in the windows credentials. When a reboot/restart is completed, the mapping is lost and we have to disconnect and remap. Sometimes the remapping is also rejected as it states the computer is not allowed to find the 'domain'. Again, we do not have a local server network, just shared on the local network through our Ubiquiti managed switches.

This was not a problem to connect with an older Windows 10 Home or Pro system. Need to also state this is occurring whether on the LAN or WiFi.

I have created a local account on the machine and then linked to the Windows365 account. This seems to work, but even with network discovery turned on and may of the switches available opened up, the 365 account does not work, yet the local one does.

Any ideas to get back to 'normal'?

Thanks

:)

DALEHERBRANSON, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Dealbarta Win User

Network Attached Storage Connections

Connecting to Network Attached Storage

I have done as you suggested and re-posted my problem on link which you gave.

The answers to your questions are:

• W10 Pro
    • Wired Ethernet
    • Yes. The two computers on the network can see each other and the NAS. The laptop running Widows 7 Pro can open the NAS but Desktop running Window 10 Pro can’t.

• Network Attached Storage Connections b489b17b-b419-40c4-8717-00c1dc361e5b.jpg
    • Public Folder sharing is off
    • As far as I know you can’t set up a workgroup on a Synology NAS
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Solwise SAR-600EW which also provides the Ethernet connections for the LAN and WiFi.
    • Only my desktop

Dealbarta, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Network Attached Storage Connections

1. Network Attached Storage Connections - Similar Threads - Network Attached Storage

2. Windows 8.1 Network Attached Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 Network Attached Storage: I've attached a WD My Book as a NAS to my Lynksys router, which connects with SMB1 to Windows 10 on another computer. Can I attach the same NAS to a Win 8.1 laptop? The 8.1 laptop can see the connection in the Network Infrastructure dialog. Adding a device to the Network does...
  3. Windows 8.1 Network Attached Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 Network Attached Storage: I've attached a WD My Book as a NAS to my Lynksys router, which connects with SMB1 to Windows 10 on another computer. Can I attach the same NAS to a Win 8.1 laptop? The 8.1 laptop can see the connection in the Network Infrastructure dialog. Adding a device to the Network does...
  4. Network Attached Storage NAS and Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Attached Storage NAS and Errors: Hello fellow Microsoft Community Members,Image: ERROR for a fingerprint encrypted file TOFP why can't I transfer this file is this a standard finger print encrypted file? It would still be encrypted my fingerprint does not changeI wanted to talk about NAS systems, and...
  5. Network Attached Storage NAS and Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Attached Storage NAS and Errors: Hello fellow Microsoft Community Members,I wanted to talk about NAS systems, and bitlocker issues, One must decrypt bitlocker files to store them in the NAS as it is outside the system. However the main issues is we are forced to select yes for all the folders that are being...
  6. Network Attached Storage NAS and Errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network Attached Storage NAS and Errors: Hello fellow Microsoft Community Members,I wanted to talk about NAS systems, and bitlocker issues, One must decrypt bitlocker files to store them in the NAS as it is outside the system. However the main issues is we are forced to select yes for all the folders that are being...
  7. Network Attached Storage drive detected but no access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Attached Storage drive detected but no access: Hello, I have this screenshot below. I have an NAS drive, and I am having issues with accessing its content. I may have remembered what an IP address have meant, but what about its MAC addresses, and its DNS? Its purpose is to find out the NAS drive's IP, MAC, and DNS....
  8. Network attached storage (NAS)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network attached storage (NAS): I have a D-Link DNS-325 NAS and now I can not see the disk in file explorer. I have tried several solutions but nothing works. This NAS is where I do all my backups plus store all of my photos and videos. I know the NAS is working as I did a backup today and all went fine....
  9. Network Attached Storage (NAS) recommendations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Attached Storage (NAS) recommendations: From another thread I posted about accessing the c$ on computers on my network, an idea formed. What if I just had a NAS setup, then any computer on my network (including visitors to the house), can access data. Now I am looking for suggestions on a decent NAS, with network...
  10. Network Attached Storage (NAS) recommendations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Attached Storage (NAS) recommendations: From another thread I posted about accessing the c$ on computers on my network, an idea formed. What if I just had a NAS setup, then any computer on my network (including visitors to the house), can access data. Now I am looking for suggestions on a decent NAS, with network...