Windows 10: Network Authentication Could not be saved

Discus and support Network Authentication Could not be saved in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am on a school network so I am required to enable authentication. However my password changed recently and the only way I know to change it is by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JithinSunny, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Network Authentication Could not be saved

Hi, I am on a school network so I am required to enable authentication. However my password changed recently and the only way I know to change it is by enabling and disabling remember credentials on the authentication tab. However when I try to do that, it says the settings could not be saved (I'm connected wired).

Is there a way I can change that password on CMD? Last time I fixed this was by doing a full clean install of Windows, but I have too many files to backup and can not do that this time around.

Other things I have tried

Uninstalling the network driver on device manager

Restarting WiredAutoConfig in Local Services

Disable and Enable the network adapter

:)

JithinSunny, Mar 15, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 15, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Boatvan Win User

Network Authentication Could not be saved

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Network Authentication Could not be saved

1. Network Authentication Could not be saved - Similar Threads - Network Authentication saved

2. Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location?: I would like to save files to a Network location, but as you can see only "This PC" / Drives show up in the "Save menu" . I have already contacted the particular software's manufacturers and they told me its a Windows issue not a "this Software" issue. I have also tried...
  3. Unable to change network authentication method

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change network authentication method: Hello, I have a problem where I'm unable to change authentication method and therefore can't connect to the internet through ethernet adapter. Basically, I want to change my authentication method to SecureW2 TTLS because other methods don't work with my ISP. Screenshot...
  4. remove authenticator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    remove authenticator: How do I remove authenticator from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-authenticator/0aba4af9-845e-43c4-ba86-13e6432acc89"
  5. Microsoft Authenticator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator: How do I deactivate the Microsoft Authenticator on my computer login codes Windows 10 operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-authenticator/7e089389-1ca5-4866-b33c-510634bdb186"
  6. How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?

How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?: I have not done anything related to NLA for my Windows 10 Professional. However, I am unable to connect to Windows Servers that have restricted their connections to only those using NLA. I wonder why my PC does not have NLA or NLA enabled. How do I set it up? Thanks....
  7. The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication

in Windows 10 News
    The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication: [ATTACH] If you are unable to connect your Windows computer remotely and you receive a message The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication, then this post may be able to help you. Users have reported receiving this error on domain-connected systems [...] This...
  8. Multifactor Authentication

Multifactor Authentication: First post here. Hey all. Any ideas on how to get multifactor authentication running on windows 10 on a domain with Active Directory? I have seen tutorials on getting it working with Azure. Maybe it's not possible yet? 6400
  9. Network connected but could not connect internet

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Network connected but could not connect internet: I've installed SCientific Linux 7.1 x64 at hyper-v as guest on windows 10 x64 as host followed tenforum's excellent guide - Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10[2]=Virtualization [img] The problem is network connected, but could not connect internet and...
  10. The mapped network drive could not be created...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The mapped network drive could not be created...: We have 4 networked computers, 3 Windows 10 and an Ubuntu. After one of the last updates the only way I could get on my wife's computer was to use this format: \\JIMS-PC\Users\Suzy, when I used to browse to her computer through the Map Network Drive her drive didn't show up....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the change to authentication settings could not be saved