Windows 10: Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover

Discus and support Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 on an HP Omen Laptop that is connected to a wide-screen display. When connected to the display and the laptop cover is open, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul Mayerowitz, May 10, 2022.

1. Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover

I am running Windows 10 on an HP Omen Laptop that is connected to a wide-screen display. When connected to the display and the laptop cover is open, a speedtest indicates 50 mbps. When I open the laptop cover with the display, bandwidth is 300 mbps. On another HP Omen not connected to a display, the bandwidth is 300 mbps with the cover obviously open. The wifi driver on the both laptops have been updated to the latest update. Any suggestions?

:)

Paul Mayerowitz, May 10, 2022
  2. Sarantula Win User

I can see a network with Bandwidth 1733 Mbit/s

I have a new modem which have 2 wi-fi network

• one with network with Bandwidth 130 Mbit/sWhy and
    • othe network with Bandwidth 1733 Mbit/s
    My laptop (samsung NP270E5E) just see the slowly and I can not see a wi-fi network with Bandwidth 1733 Mbit/s

Sarantula, May 10, 2022
  3. Hosted network limited my bandwidth.

Hi Mai,

We still can't identify the possible cause of this network bandwidth issue you're experiencing. For us to isolate and assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a Windows 10 Home edition?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, May 10, 2022
  4. Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover

backgroundtrasferhost.exe using high network bandwidth

Hi Govind,

Could you also let us know if you are using a wireless or a wired connection? If you are using a wireless connection, please connect using a wired and check if the same issue occurs. Also you may want to run a complete scan using the inbuilt Windows Defender
    to eliminate any suspicion of infection.

This service also transfers files in the background using idle network bandwidth. Applications which depend on BITS such as Windows update and MSN Explorer automatically downloads programs and other information while the connection
    is idle.

As a troubleshooting step you may also try the steps listed below and check, but please do remember that disabling this service will lead not being able to install Windows update. Therefore I would suggest you to try this step,
    check and then restart the service again. This is to let us know if indeed this service may be causing the issue.

You can disable this service by opening TASK MANAGER > SERVICES > OPEN SERVICES (Bottom Left corner) > Find the service from the list - BITS / BACKGROUND INTELLIGENT TRANSFER SERVICE > Right click, STOP > Right click, PROPERTIES
    > START UP TYPE - Set DISABLED. (credit Vishwa Weerasooriya).

Hope this helps and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, May 10, 2022
Thema:

Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover

1. Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover - Similar Threads - Network Bandwidth Depends

2. Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover: I am running Windows 10 on an HP Omen Laptop that is connected to a wide-screen display. When connected to the display and the laptop cover is open, a speedtest indicates 50 mbps. When I open the laptop cover with the display, bandwidth is 300 mbps. On another HP Omen not...
  3. Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Bandwidth Depends on Position of Laptop Cover: I am running Windows 10 on an HP Omen Laptop that is connected to a wide-screen display. When connected to the display and the laptop cover is open, a speedtest indicates 50 mbps. When I open the laptop cover with the display, bandwidth is 300 mbps. On another HP Omen not...
  4. Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth: I currently have 1 GB fiber internet for both download and upload speeds. I have a dual boot partition on my desktop PC that is currently running both Windows 10 Version 21h1 OS Build 19043.1237 on one partition and Ubuntu Linux 18.04 on the other. Currently, my desktop PC...
  5. Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth: I currently have 1 GB fiber internet for both download and upload speeds. I have a dual boot partition on my desktop PC that is currently running both Windows 10 Version 21h1 OS Build 19043.1237 on one partition and Ubuntu Linux 18.04 on the other. Currently, my desktop PC...
  6. Change position of taskbar depending on rotation of scree.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change position of taskbar depending on rotation of scree.: I have a regular Dell 16:9 display. I want the taskbar position to be on the left-side while display is in horizontal rotation, and to be on the bottom-side while display is in vertical rotation. Is there any way to do that? Can I set specific properties for different...
  7. New laptop takes up all the network bandwidth

New laptop takes up all the network bandwidth: I just got a new Dell laptop with Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago. Everything works well on my end, but I don't have the best internet service because of where I live. At first I couldn't even have my laptop on while my family was trying to watch Hulu because nothing would...
  8. Blurred letters in Edge depending on scroll position

in Browsers and Email
    Blurred letters in Edge depending on scroll position: Well, the thing is that in Microsoft Edge (based on Chromium, I didn't use it before, and updated to the latest version as of today, but I've been observing it since "always"), in some websites (for example Facebook and Telegram Web), the text, when scrolling (not while you...
  9. Network Bandwidth

Network Bandwidth: My Programs are interrupted by Lack of Bandwidth messages .What can I do to improve bandwidth simply it is a Home Network served by Bell.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-bandwidth/4aa161f7-d3b9-46ec-a8c8-f0bb619732fa
  10. Shared bandwidth. Has this topic been covered on here ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Shared bandwidth. Has this topic been covered on here ?: This may be really old news (sorry if it is) but I've not turned anything up using TenForums search facility. Have we covered or discussed this anywhere. http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2015...eople-updates/ 11916