Windows 10: Network becomes enabled only after restart

Discus and support Network becomes enabled only after restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums After one week of trying several things out, I finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JasonMay, Apr 6, 2019.

1. JasonMay Win User

Network becomes enabled only after restart

Hi all,

This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums
    After one week of trying several things out, I finally I installed Windows 10 again with the option to keep all my apps and settings and am able to install updates now.
    But now I am stuck with a weird issue. If I shutdown my system and start, the network symbol on the taskbar shows a red mark and I can't connect to the network then when I restart immediately, the network becomes enabled. When I hibernate and start, sometimes it does a full start from the beginning I lose all the programs that I had opened and kept - this is terrible , in addition the network becomes disabled again and I have to restart again.
    So basically every time I shutdown/hibernate, I have to start it and restart it to enable the network. Please help

:)

JasonMay, Apr 6, 2019

2. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 6, 2019
  3. wortex Win User
    My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Network becomes enabled only after restart

Other Ways To Enable Network Adaptor

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps below to enable or disable the Network adapter.

• Right click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select Disable/Enable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Network becomes enabled only after restart

1. Network becomes enabled only after restart - Similar Threads - Network becomes enabled

2. Network becomes enabled only after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network becomes enabled only after restart: Hi all, This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums After one week of trying several things out, I finally I installed Windows 10 again with the option to keep all my apps and settings and am able to install updates now. But now I...
  3. network restart

network restart: I was yalking to someone via the chat and they gave me the steps to restart my network, the steps started with: netsh winsockn reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig/release after I typed the last one the window went to a disconnect screen and I lost the next steps and the...
  4. USB drive has become "read only"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive has become "read only": USB drive has become "read only". Cannot format, delete, anything. How can I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-has-become-read-only/803fd445-e7f5-468b-990f-c11c955d38d8
  5. Stuck Restart loop after network reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck Restart loop after network reset: After trying to network reset my pc, I let it do its thing and when it restarted, I keep getting “automatic restart windows has ran into a problem” I tried turning off automatic restart on computer error. Trying to run safe mode, cmd prompt, or reseting the computer leads to...
  6. After restart audio driver not loaded / enabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After restart audio driver not loaded / enabled: When I restart my Windows 10 64 bit laptop I must open my Audio driver and manually disable and enable again in order to get it working. How could I force that audio device driver to be loaded+enabled+working? I notice it is not working since the light of the mute button on...
  7. Pc keeps restarting after resetting network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc keeps restarting after resetting network: My pc keeps restarting. It gets to the log in screen and takes a minute to load and a message comes up up windows encounter an error and your pc will restart. This all started after resetting my network....
  8. Network connection constantly disconnects. Restart only to get it back

Network connection constantly disconnects. Restart only to get it back: So I have continually had an issue with the network connection dropping. Only way to get it back is to restart. Starting with the first preview build I installed this was an issue. I have tried disabling IPV6. I have disabled power management in the NIC and the problem just...
  9. Log In Hangs On Restart Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Log In Hangs On Restart Only: From a cold start, I get a very fast boot time (I have that option checked "Turn On Fast Startup". The problem is restarts. Very slow. The bios screen loads quickly, I then get to another boot screen (image attached), that has a red x thru a computer icon. My mouse works and...
  10. Windows 10 - slow startup after restart only

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - slow startup after restart only: Hi there, After upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10, when i shut down and boot my laptop windows startup pretty fast 8 sec and The login screen appears. However when i restart windows the bot went well it start to be slow in the loading screen with windows logo 10...