Windows 10: Network becomes enabled only after restart

Discus and support Network becomes enabled only after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums After one week of trying several things out, I finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasonMay, Apr 6, 2019.

1. JasonMay Win User

Network becomes enabled only after restart

Hi all,

This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums
    After one week of trying several things out, I finally I installed Windows 10 again with the option to keep all my apps and settings and am able to install updates now.
    But now I am stuck with a weird issue. If I shutdown my system and start, the network symbol on the taskbar shows a red mark and I can't connect to the network then when I restart immediately, the network becomes enabled. When I hibernate and start, sometimes it does a full start from the beginning I lose all the programs that I had opened and kept - this is terrible , in addition the network becomes disabled again and I have to restart again.
    So basically every time I shutdown/hibernate, I have to start it and restart it to enable the network. Please help

:)

JasonMay, Apr 6, 2019

2. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Apr 6, 2019
  3. wortex Win User
    My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Network becomes enabled only after restart

Other Ways To Enable Network Adaptor

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps below to enable or disable the Network adapter.

• Right click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select Disable/Enable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Network becomes enabled only after restart

1. Network becomes enabled only after restart - Similar Threads - Network becomes enabled

2. Disallow shutdown and enable restart only

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disallow shutdown and enable restart only: How to disallow shutdown and enable restart option only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disallow-shutdown-and-enable-restart-only/c3d057ed-2dd4-454f-9c2a-a6ca1f3a2d5c
  3. Disallow shutdown and enable restart only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disallow shutdown and enable restart only: How to disallow shutdown and enable restart option only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disallow-shutdown-and-enable-restart-only/c3d057ed-2dd4-454f-9c2a-a6ca1f3a2d5c
  4. Disallow shutdown and enable restart only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter driver randomly lost, only works again after restart: Hi everyone, recently my windows 10 randomly disconnected from the internet. the WIFI icon became a globe icon instead, but if I clicked the icon, the pop-up list would show no SSID, or the pop-list only showed no internet connections. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] checked the...
  6. Network drives only accessible after RESTART

Network drives only accessible after RESTART: Good day, Maybe 1 out of 10 times i have immediate access of my network drives, but in general I have to RESTART the Pc to get them to connect. I think the problem started after a windows update a few months ago, though not sure. The pc is connected via wifi, the HD's are...
  7. audio becomes robotic and only goes away when i restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio becomes robotic and only goes away when i restart: Whenever im talking to my friend on discord, my audio will out of no where become robotic and laggy. it’ll go away when i restart but then it will happen again later. anyone got a fix??? submitted by /u/goated23 [link] [comments]...
  8. Videos become brighter after only a second of playing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos become brighter after only a second of playing?: Example I have checked the video settings in for my AMD graphics card and have check to see if there were any relevant options in the Windows Video Playback settings but I cannot find any setting that will prevent this from occuring. I'd like the blacks of a show or video...
  9. Network card only enabled after using Linux Live USB

Network card only enabled after using Linux Live USB: Hello everyone, I have the following problem in several computers in my company. The network cable it is enabled at the device manager but i have no network connection. I've tried the command "netsh winsock reset", restart Windows, but still with no network connection. To...
  10. Network becomes enabled only after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Network becomes enabled only after restart: Hi all, This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums After one week of trying several things out, I finally I installed Windows 10 again with the option to keep all my apps and settings and am able to install updates now. But now I...