Windows 10: Network between home computers Windows 11 ISSUE

Discus and support Network between home computers Windows 11 ISSUE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 identical HP laptops. Both were on Windows 10 and I had the home network setup so that I could transfer and send files back and forth. NO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by apppro2, Nov 28, 2022.

1. apppro2 Win User

Network between home computers Windows 11 ISSUE

I have 2 identical HP laptops. Both were on Windows 10 and I had the home network setup so that I could transfer and send files back and forth. NO problems.for some stupid reason I Upgraded 1 to Windows 11 and now>>>From the Windows 10 I can still send easily files to the laptop with Windows 11. Actually I can easily access the entire file and then copy it back too. JUST LIKE BEFORE. I cant really post a lot of personal screen shots so I hope this helps The one ending in Y1 is the laptop still on 10 and the one ending in "Y" is the one I upgraded to 11.ALL GOODBUT from the laptop I

:)

apppro2, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Network issues, missing network protocols

Hello Justin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions
    given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 28, 2022
  4. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Network between home computers Windows 11 ISSUE - Similar Threads - Network between home

2. Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers: Hi, After much head scratching and frustration, I have finally connected my Win 10 and Win 11 Laptops.I did the following things:1 Made sure both laptops are in the same Workgroup2 Made sure all drives in question are shared at least Read-only access3 Made sure that Network...
  3. Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers: Hi, After much head scratching and frustration, I have finally connected my Win 10 and Win 11 Laptops.I did the following things:1 Made sure both laptops are in the same Workgroup2 Made sure all drives in question are shared at least Read-only access3 Made sure that Network...
  4. Network between home computers Windows 11 ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network between home computers Windows 11 ISSUE: I have 2 identical HP laptops. Both were on Windows 10 and I had the home network setup so that I could transfer and send files back and forth. NO problems.for some stupid reason I Upgraded 1 to Windows 11 and now>>>From the Windows 10 I can still send easily files to the...
  5. Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers: I had 2 Win 10 computers that talked to each other fine. Through Windows Explorer I was able to see and manipulate files one the other. Now that one of the computers is Win 11, I can't see the other either direction. The target folders are all shared with full control...
  6. Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers: I had 2 Win 10 computers that talked to each other fine. Through Windows Explorer I was able to see and manipulate files one the other. Now that one of the computers is Win 11, I can't see the other either direction. The target folders are all shared with full control...
  7. Networking between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking between 2 computers: Windows version number desktop - 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685) , Laptop 1909 (OS Build 18363.1256) Hi Everyone, I have 2 computers (next to each other), one is a desktop, one is a laptop, both running windows 10. I want to connect them together using the network. When I...
  8. Home Network Issues

Home Network Issues: Hello, I have been having a home network question that is driving me INSANE! I have a desktop computer running Windows 10 that is connected to my home network via ethernet to a linsys ea6100 router. I also have Norton 360 (in charge of firewall, etc.).... No matter what...
  9. transfer files between computers on a home network

transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  10. transfer files between computers on a home network

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...