Windows 10: Network bridge no longer working

Discus and support Network bridge no longer working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having major problems bridging 2 network connections.... I usually run a bridge between the 2 onboard lan ports on my pc which connect to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by silverz, May 6, 2016.

1. silverz Win User

Network bridge no longer working

Hi, I'm having major problems bridging 2 network connections....
    I usually run a bridge between the 2 onboard lan ports on my pc which connect to a second pc to give it internet and it has worked perfectly fine since I moved to windows 10 however the other week I did a windows update and after the restart it no longer works.

Firstly, the second pc just sticks at 'identifying' while the first pc has internet. After this I tried the usual reset adapters, roll back & reinstall of drivers etc.
    Then I tried giving manual ip addresses to both adapters which results in the second pc now getting internet through the bridge but the first pc having an ip conflict (even though nothing else is using the same ip) and no connection.

I'm all out of ideas, so 2 questions.... why isn't the bridge working with the automatic settings any more, and is there a guide somewhere for a manual setup of a bridged connection just so I can check I have done things right?

Any help appreciated, Thanks!

:)

silverz, May 6, 2016
  2. MikeBar Win User

Network Bridge Stops Working after Creator's Update

After I installed the creator's update, my network bridge stopped working. I bridged 2 NICs in my desktop and it seems like I can access everything fine, but when I try to access my server apps (Plex and Serviio) from another device the network bridge is
    showing up as a slow connection. The only way I can get it to work again is to delete the network bridge and just use 1 NIC. How can I get the network bridge working again?

Thanks,

Mike

MikeBar, May 6, 2016
  3. cahsolo Win User
    Network bridge does not work in windows 10

I was using laptop1 with Win 8 with wifi connection to bridge to another laptop2 via LAN (network bridge), and it was working properly.

Now laptop1 is upgraded to Win 10, however the network bridge doesn't work anymore.

Tried to disconnect and recreate the bridge, but still fail.

How to solve this issue?

Do I need to roll back to Win 8?

cahsolo, May 6, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Have you tried using Internet connection Sharing instead of Bridging

Network bridge no longer working [​IMG]

sml156, May 6, 2016
  5. silverz Win User
    the problem with that is the other computer is not on the main network, it only connects to my computer si I'm not sute it would work but i'll give it a try later on.

silverz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network bridge no longer working - Similar Threads - Network bridge longer

2. Network bridge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network bridge on Windows 10: Hello!In the past few days I tried several times with several methods to bridge two connections on my Dell Optiplex 380,between a Huawei e3372 USB 4G dongle and ethernet.It does not work.I have tried Internet connection sharing too,but ended up with loss of connectivity on...
  3. Bridging network connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bridging network connections: Hello, I am trying to bridged my mobile internet connection which is connected to laptop via usb to my router which is connected to my laptop via ethernet. The connection works fine as I am able to connect to my router and have internet access! The issue is after running in...
  4. NETWORK BRIDGED MODE

NETWORK BRIDGED MODE: MY MODEM HAS NO IPV6 ADDRESS DUE TO BRIDGED MODE. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I RESET IT? WHAT IS THE BEST OPTION TO FIX IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-bridged-mode/7cb9e208-c131-403f-baaa-0d0fc29d125a
  5. VPN and Network Bridge

VPN and Network Bridge: Hello, I have been having an issue with NAT type on my Nintendo switch. If I plug into the ethernet directly It has a NAT type error. This could be fixed on the router, but I do not have access. I then tried to use my computer as a hotspot, running the hotspot through a...
  6. network bridge connection

network bridge connection: I set network bridge connection with my friend to share internet. It worked without any problems till yesterday when I came home I saw a triangle with a explanation mark on it with words "network unidentified". What could happen? I can work on the computer but without the...
  7. Network Bridge not working correctly

Network Bridge not working correctly: Recently moved my PC to a new place, but forgot my wireless adapter (hence the use of a network bridge). The bridge is from a Windows 8.1 laptop to a Windows 10 desktop. (Wifi -> Ethernet) This worked for a few days, but suddenly I am unable to connect. I've tried doing...
  8. Windows network bridge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows network bridge: I have an issue with my laptop, usually i use an IPO phone in my profession, and would like to make a bridge between WLAN and LAN network so i could connect my phone to internet via Ethernet. But when i starting a bridge the Wi-Fi just stops working, it still can see the...
  9. Does VMware Bridged networking work?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Does VMware Bridged networking work?: I'm just wondering if it works to connect to the internet in VMs, if yes I might aswell just try it out. 4385
  10. Can't create a Network Bridge.

Can't create a Network Bridge.: Hello everyone, I have installed Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267, and when I go to adapter settings in Network and Sharing Center, I can't make a Network Bridge. I am trying to get Wifi and Ethernet together to get internet on my desktop PC, it doesnt have Wifi. Also...