Windows 10: Network bridge with Mobile Internet USB-stick and LAN causes intermittent crashes

Discus and support Network bridge with Mobile Internet USB-stick and LAN causes intermittent crashes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title states. I have a Lenovo V130-15IGM laptop with a Huawei E3372 LTE USB-stick, and have bridged it with the laptops ethernet port. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sgt Skybox, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Network bridge with Mobile Internet USB-stick and LAN causes intermittent crashes

As the title states. I have a Lenovo V130-15IGM laptop with a Huawei E3372 LTE USB-stick, and have bridged it with the laptops ethernet port. The ethernet port is connected with ethernet cable to a router, which in turn is connected to a printer and another laptop. This is to share the internet connection of the one laptop with the Mobile Internet USB-stick, aswell as givint both laptops access to the printer. Only problem is, the laptop with the USB-stick crashes from time to time. Sometimes you can log in and it takes a minute before it crashes, sometimes it doesnt crash at all for a few days. Its very random, and its always the computer with the USB-stick. I have tested this by placing the USB-stick in the other laptop, an ACER Aspire 3 N19C1, and setting up the network bridge in the same way, and i get the same problem: random crashes. If i disable the network bridge, or remove the ethernet cable from the laptop with the USB-stick, the problem is gone. This means it has to be software related, since it only happends when the bridge is actively connected. It cant be the USB-stick, since the problem stops when the bridge isnt connected. I have tried reinstalling windows on both devices, i have tried manually updating every single driver on both devices, i have updated the driver of the USB-stick aswell, and also updated the driver for the printer. Is there a setting in the network bridge or something else that can cause this? Does network bridge simply not work reliably in this configuration?

As for the crashes, it mostly consists of this error:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

But sometimes, also these:

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

If there is a description of what went wrong, it will say "bridge.sys"

Tried reading the crash logs with WinDbg Preview, but only information it gave me was "bridge.sys".

Should also add that, it also works with no problem when just using the USB-stick without a bridge, on one laptop.

:)

Sgt Skybox, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Network bridge suddenly stopped working in windows 10

Hi Shantanu,

To isolate your concern, we would like to know how your network bridge is connected? Is it a wireless connection or a wired connection?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set up your network bridge to refresh the adapter and reconnect the other devices. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Add Incoming Connections from the Internet.
    • Bridge the two network connections that you want to use.
    • Forget the internal network connection (under
      Manage Known Networks).
    • Reconnect to your bridge network.
    • Restart your computer and check if your concern persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Mar 16, 2021
  3. harrymc Win User
    How to cascad Mobile Broadband internet to another PC?

The following solution worked for the poster:

After
    creating the network bridge
    between the tethered phone and the LAN, the next step is to enable
    Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).

This is done in the network adapter, right-click and selecting Properties,
    in the Sharing tab.

This allowed to share the Internet access from the tethered mobile with the rest of
    the network.

harrymc, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Network bridge with Mobile Internet USB-stick and LAN causes intermittent crashes

Network Bridge Stops Working after Creator's Update

I have also found that the Network Bridge has issues in the 1709 Windows Creators Update. Prior to update this setup worked flawlessly. It may have been the Creators Update, or an additional update from Windows Update that caused the issue.

Setup: Intel NIC and Wifi card in Host 1, both with new drivers. Wifi to domain network, 1Gb Ethernet to Host 2, bridged. Host 2 in DHCP.

Symptoms include:

• Mis- or very slow detection of network (stays at "unidentified") when both nics are in the plugged/connected state and bridged. Seems to be random whether the WiFi stays connected when DHCP is used on Host 1. Using static IP keeps the Wifi connected on
      Host 1.
    • Pings to local (DNS) and remote servers intermittent on Host 1 after positive detection of domain network. Network task tray icon shows No Internet alert intermittently in conjunction with ping loss. Maybe 10-20 sec of ping replies, then none for a period.
      This suggests maybe a spanning tree detection algorithm is blocking at layer 2.
    • IPV4 Route Table doesn't seem to change between working and non-working state, suggesting the problem is not in the IP stack.
    • Removing bridge removes all symptoms on Host 1, and all connectivity on Host 2.
    • Disabling/re-enabling both bridged NICs on Host 1, enough times and in the correct order, seems to fool the system, or get it a state machine in the proper state, and will finally get the detection algorithm to 'hook-up', but ONLY until the next reboot.

Don E. Johnson, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Network bridge with Mobile Internet USB-stick and LAN causes intermittent crashes

1. Network bridge with Mobile Internet USB-stick and LAN causes intermittent crashes - Similar Threads - Network bridge Mobile

2. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  3. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  4. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WSL2 Bridge connection to LAN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 Bridge connection to LAN.: Installed WSL2 and I want it to get DHCP from my LAN. I do not want an internal of private network or port forwarding.It always gets an IP in the 172... range. After reboot it all seems to reset itself. aI've tried changing the vEthernet WSL adapter to External network in the...
  6. WSL2 Bridge connection to LAN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL2 Bridge connection to LAN.: Installed WSL2 and I want it to get DHCP from my LAN. I do not want an internal of private network or port forwarding.It always gets an IP in the 172... range. After reboot it all seems to reset itself. aI've tried changing the vEthernet WSL adapter to External network in the...
  7. WSL2 Bridge connection to LAN.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Network bridge with USB Mobile internet stick and LAN causes intermittent crashes

Network bridge with USB Mobile internet stick and LAN causes intermittent crashes: As the title states. I have a Lenovo laptop with a Huawei E3372 LTE USB-stick, and have bridged it with the laptops ethernet port. The ethernet port is connected with ethernet cable to a modem, which in turn is connected to a printer and another laptop. This way, the other...
  9. Hamachi and LAN network bridges?

Hamachi and LAN network bridges?: Hello, I've recently come up with an idea. I just don't know yet if it would work that way. My idea is to connect my laptop (win10) via LAN with another PC(WinXP). On my laptop I wanted to bridge/connect LAN and Hamachi. A friend would then do the same or through a...
  10. Network Bridge (or ICS) over USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Bridge (or ICS) over USB: I use a Pi4, which I have recently switched over to get network and power over the usb-c port. All working well on my linux machine with a bridged connection to the usb-c port powering the pi. I haven’t been able to think of how to implement this in windows, as well as...