Windows 10: Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates

Discus and support Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there I can't figure out what's broken this time again with networking I can't connect to NAS (Linux) server any more -- refuses to accept password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Nov 26, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates

Hi there
    I can't figure out what's broken this time again with networking

I can't connect to NAS (Linux) server any more -- refuses to accept password even though it's correct. Connect works perfectly on W7 and also FROM the NAS TO Windows 10.

Anyway here's the result of trying via cmd line -- the file explorer popup I tried that also won't accept the password.

Any ideas -- W10 pro

Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Eric2139 Win User

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

Hi,

As you have mentioned, the network cable is working fine with other system. The issue might be due to the outdated drivers or due to the incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the drivers and check if it helps.

• Type Device Manager in the search bar, and select
      Device Manager from the list.

• In Device Manager, expand Network adapters
      option.

• Right click on the network adapter name and click on
      Update Driver Software.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• Restart the system after update is done.
    Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates

1. Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates - Similar Threads - Network broken AGAIN

2. Broken updates yet again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken updates yet again: So here we go again, yet again broken Microsoft is destroying my system.I am a light user of my Dell laptop, mostly only at weekends. It seems that more often than not there is yet another batch of updates every time I open it and my whole system is pathetically slow until...
  3. Broken updates yet again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken updates yet again: So here we go again, yet again broken Microsoft is destroying my system.I am a light user of my Dell laptop, mostly only at weekends. It seems that more often than not there is yet another batch of updates every time I open it and my whole system is pathetically slow until...
  4. Broken updates yet again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Office 2021 Update Broken After Latest Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2021 Update Broken After Latest Windows Update?: This may just be coincidence but at the same time our three machines got yesterday's Windows Update, all of the sudden our MS 365 and Office 2021 won't update. The "Downloading Office Updates..." window just sits there going...and I notice very little network traffic to...
  6. Activation broken by latest update?

Activation broken by latest update?: Suddenly seeing Activate Windows on a machine running fine for 10 years....tried to go to Settings to run activation troubleshooter as recommended by the bot, but Update/Activation screens will not open at all?...
  7. Latest feature update is broken

Latest feature update is broken: Somehow the update gives a MAJOR slowdown on older computers. It brings the GPU up to 100% usage, and the same applies to SSD usage. For some reason I've found the problem on my GF's computer that has Razer Game Service that made the computer spike up in usage. Turns out the...
  8. Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update: Hi there I can't logon to NAS (Linux) from latest updated Windows 10 (Workstation Edition) any more (works perfectly FROM NAS TO Windows) Shares work if you manually connect via "connect network drive" with IP address but as I'm using DHCP I don't want to have fixed IP...
  9. Latest update (1607) No network --AGAIN !!!!

Latest update (1607) No network --AGAIN !!!!: Hi there After latest update (using current build 1607) - totally lost LAN capability on Network -- laptop connects via Wifi but not LAN !!!! --LAN adapter - Bog standard INTEL so shouldn't be any problems with it. I have to have LAN at this work gig for security-- I can...
  10. Just updated my laptop to 1607 and networking is broken, again.

Just updated my laptop to 1607 and networking is broken, again.: RTM had the problem, 1511 had the problem. Almost a year after RTM release, Microsoft released on July 12, 2016, a Servicing Stack Update for both which fixed the not being able to keep an internet connection going problem. Now we have the 1607 update and... unstable...