Windows 10: Network Cable Unplugged After Installing Windows 10

Discus and support Network Cable Unplugged After Installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi After having a system crash I had to install Windows 10. Previously I had been running Windows 7 on two computers that were networked. I have kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Calder 1954, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Network Cable Unplugged After Installing Windows 10

Hi

After having a system crash I had to install Windows 10. Previously I had been running Windows 7 on two computers that were networked. I have kept Windows 7 on my second computer. When I was running Windows 7 the network was running OK. Since I installed Windows 10 on my main computer I have connection to the internet but I am getting an error message for my network. "Network Cable Unplugged"

Searching the internet I have found many people have this problem and I have tried many suggestions however I have not been able to find a definitive answer to my problem.

I have updated drivers, rebooted modem, rebooted PC, changed cables, tried a different network socket. tried changing network speed

The 1st cable from my modem goes into the back of my PC

The 2nd cable from my modem goes into Network switch box

My second PC is connected to the Network switch box.

I don't understand why my internet works but not my network.

Thank You

:)

John Calder 1954, Apr 10, 2020
  2. meebers Win User

network cable unplugged

W10 18363.535 just updated computer #3 today and noticed afterwards while trying to connect to network, I get the "network cable unplugged" message. Did the usual re-plugging, changed the cable, same results. Finally worked over to the network adapter and after a while changed the speed & duplex to 10Mbps and got a connection. Of course this limits my speed to 10Mbps. Other computers on the same either net switch have no problems and all are set to auto negotiate and reach my maximum speed. 95/7. Adapter is standard Realtek Pcle, driver 9.1.410.2015. Appreciate any suggestions.

meebers, Apr 10, 2020
  3. 'Network cable unplugged' on windows 10

Hi,

We would like to clarify the following:

• Can you view your network name SSID (wifi name)?
    • Can you also view your neighbors networks?
    • Do you see a yellow triangle with an exclamation point on your wifi icon?
    • What driver did you update? Local area connection (LAN)? Or the built in wifi adaptor.
    You are getting error message of ''network cable is unplug'' but it allow you to connect using Ethernet cable. Is the problem about wireless connection?

Looking forward to your reply.

Angelo Bar, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Network Cable Unplugged After Installing Windows 10

"A network cable is unplugged"

Im currently experiencing a problem with my network... It was working fine this morning, but, now my network connects, however 30 seconds later, it comes up with "A network cable is unplugged" a few seconds later its up and running fine again. Not sure whats going on, maybe a bad cable? what do youse think?

Thanks in advanced.

Brutalfate, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Network Cable Unplugged After Installing Windows 10

1. Network Cable Unplugged After Installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Network Cable Unplugged

2. Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem: Laptop = Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL OS = Windows 10Modem = Netmaster Infinity 401USB to Ethernet Adapter = ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter---I plugged my adapter into the SS USB port on my laptop, then connected the adapter with my modem via an ethernet...
  3. Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem: Laptop = Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15IWL OS = Windows 10Modem = Netmaster Infinity 401USB to Ethernet Adapter = ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter---I plugged my adapter into the SS USB port on my laptop, then connected the adapter with my modem via an ethernet...
  4. Ethernet Network Cable Unplugged Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Another Windows 10 "Network Cable Unplugged", but it's not...

Another Windows 10 "Network Cable Unplugged", but it's not...: Hi Everyone. At the end of my troubleshooting skill with this issue. I just upgraded my network at home to a hybrid 1gb/10gbe system. Here's my setup and my issue (as well as my already failed troubleshooting). I have a smart managed switch with 4 10gbe ports on SFP+ fiber...
  6. network cable unplugged

network cable unplugged: W10 18363.535 just updated computer #3 today and noticed afterwards while trying to connect to network, I get the "network cable unplugged" message. Did the usual re-plugging, changed the cable, same results. Finally worked over to the network adapter and after a while...
  7. Lenovo Ideapad network cable unplugged

Lenovo Ideapad network cable unplugged: My Lenovo ideapad 500 won't detect a network cable, have tried different cables that work on different PC's. It uses a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Here's what ive tried so far: New driver from Realtek website. Deleted from device manager and restarted. Every...
  8. Network cable unplugged

Network cable unplugged: Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I have just moved into a new home and i am having issues connecting to the internet through a wired connection. Wfi works but id rather use the wired connection since i have it . The house is wired for Cat 5e. I have an ASUS...
  9. "Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

"Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection: Let's start at the beginning... In early November I broke my collarbone which resulted in my being out of work since. Being unable to really sit in my office at my desk (plugged directly into the modem as I typically am via ethernet), I moved my laptop downtairs and began...
  10. "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..

"Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..: Hoping some of the Windows ninjas can help. Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell XPS 8500 desktop/tower. Hard wired Ethernet from Dlink router to PC. Had been working great for months. But all of a sudden (yesterday) - getting this message from "Net Connections."...