Windows 10: Network capabilities/connection disappeared after NAS software install

Discus and support Network capabilities/connection disappeared after NAS software install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm new to the forum... Hi everyone. I have an issue that I haven't been able to find any support for elsewhere so maybe someone here can offer some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by katastroffik1, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Network capabilities/connection disappeared after NAS software install

I'm new to the forum... Hi everyone.

I have an issue that I haven't been able to find any support for elsewhere so maybe someone here can offer some guidance.

I have a Dell E7440 upgraded to Win 10 Pro (install was via University agreement program with MS - so no SN or ISO file).

A few days ago I installed old NAS software (Linksys disk that came with the unit) and it killed all my networking abilities. All the service protocols are messed up and when I try restarting some (not all) of the processes related to networking/IP it gives "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start." This kind of trouble shooting is way above my abilities.

Virtually all processes related to networking are currently disabled.
    When I restart some of the services, they are disabled when I restart the component services window.
    I have tried to 'reset ' windows and that service will not run.
    I have (acronis) backups but the restore function won't work either.
    I would really like to keep all my programs rather than starting from fresh, to many software programs to deal with.
    I've run numerous tools from Tweaking.com and none of them have fixed the group policy/dependency issues.

Questions:

Can i somehow use powershell to force a fix the dependency issues?
    Can Windows be reinstalled in-situ from bootable USB in this situation? and will it fix the dependency issues?

Feedback is desperately welcome, I don't have the cash to take this to a tech.

Thanks

:)

katastroffik1, Jun 4, 2020

2. NAS drive not showing in the Network after Windows 10 auto update this week

Hello Charles,

Let's get your NAS device detected on your home network.

Kindly follow the suggested steps below:

Step 1: Disable anti-virus software and Windows Firewall.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Follow the below steps to turn off Windows Firewall:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Windows Firewall.
    • Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network location that you want to stop trying to protect, and then click
      OK.
    If the issue still persists,

Step 2: We suggest you to reconfigure the NAS drive.

Refer to the below thread replied by Smithhead 9 replied on
    May 7, 2015

Accessing NAS not working in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jun 4, 2020
  3. bro67 Win User
    Unable to Install Software From NAS drive

You are clear, you just put way too much more information than you needed. Again, did you try copying the file that you were wanting to install from the NAS to your computer? Are you connecting with Ethernet to the NAS and network with the computer or using Wireless? What is the hardware mfg and model for the gateway and if you are using wired, are you connecting the computer directly to the gateway or off in some other room using a Ethernet run or adapters plugged into the electrical outlets.

Western Digital storage drives are not the greatest, all due in part that their software is garbage and the hardware side for the CPU and RAM is way below what they should have used.

I use a Synology NAS and connect with just a standard connection SMB connection to it with all devices. It is a huge step up from the Lenovo NAS that I used to use. It all comes down to that if you are going to do network storage, you need to invest in the proper storage gear and also network gear. Otherwise you are just killing yourself and spending twice as much in the long run when you replace cheap gear with cheap gear.

bro67, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Network capabilities/connection disappeared after NAS software install

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Network capabilities/connection disappeared after NAS software install

1. Network capabilities/connection disappeared after NAS software install - Similar Threads - Network capabilities connection

2. Network connection completely disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network connection completely disappeared: I have Windows 11 on an HP laptop. Two or three times now, the network connection has completely disappeared. It shows no Wi-Fi/internet in the main toolbar, and when I click on it, there’s no Network option at all, including in the Edit>Add section. It is completely gone. I...
  3. Bluetooth Capability Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Capability Disappeared: Hi! Suddenly, the toggle on/off option for Bluetooth disappeared. I am using a Dell Inspiron 5593. On running the troubleshooter, I got the message , "Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please ..." see image below.I have restarted my computer several times. I have...
  4. Bluetooth capability disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth capability disappears: My Onn pc has had bluetooth capability since I purchased it in August. Just in the past two months, the bluetooth option has disappeared completely and doesn't show up at all. I have headphones and speakers that have been connected to the pc but it says that I don't have any...
  5. Bluetooth capabilities disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth capabilities disappeared: After doing a factory reset, it appears the bluetooth capabilities on my laptop have disappeared. There is no option to turn on bluetooth in the bluetooth and devices menu. In the device manager menu, there is no Bluetooth option. I've tried various things, such as enabling...
  6. Unable to connect to NAS drive after installing Windows updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to NAS drive after installing Windows updates: Microsoft has desabled the protocolo SMB1 for my Buffalo LS220D, and I don´t know how to enable protocol SMB2 needed to work with that LS ***Original title: No connection to my Buffalo LS220D after last Windods 10 Update***...
  7. NAS on network

NAS on network: Hi guys I have some problem with my windows. In fact i can't see my devices(nas) connected on my network. I only can see my pc. I need your help. I have Bitdefender and i'm connected with cpl box. Thanks...
  8. Unable to Install Software From NAS drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Install Software From NAS drive: Hi all I wonder if you guys can help me with something that's started happening fairly recently. I'm running Windows 10 x64 Home edition. If it helps, I have 16Gb of RAM and a 1TB HDD. I don't think that information will make any difference but there you have it. I also...
  9. Lost network connection to QNAP NAS after Windows 10 upgrade

Lost network connection to QNAP NAS after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi folks, I was apprehensive about Windows 10. I know this because the upgrade icon stated for a while now that it was ready to download and install - but I wasn't. I was quite content with my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS. Unfortunately, yesterday in a particularly good...
  10. Network connections disappeared

Network connections disappeared: Running a Win 10 machine and 2 XP machines on a network. All was well yesterday, but for some reason today the two other PC do not shopw up on the network and I can't seem to get them back. As an example one of the missing PCs is called Xptransfer and the other BasementPC....