Windows 10: Network card in PCIEX1 slot prevents PC from shutting down, auto boots PC

Discus and support Network card in PCIEX1 slot prevents PC from shutting down, auto boots PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a fenvi AC9260 for my desktop, and ever since installing the card my PC restarts instead of shutting down. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YiXuan Chia, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Network card in PCIEX1 slot prevents PC from shutting down, auto boots PC

Hi,

I recently bought a fenvi AC9260 for my desktop, and ever since installing the card my PC restarts instead of shutting down.

I've tried troubleshooting and realized that just by inserting the card, the PC will boot up by itself without me even pressing the power button. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I'm currently using a Gigabyte Z370XP SLI motherboard with BIOS version F8

Thanks a lot in advance!

:)

YiXuan Chia, Jan 30, 2019
  2. theonedub Win User

Regarding PCIEX1 cards in PCIEX16 Slots...

I once had a problem with my P55 where it would not rec the card in the primary slot so it booted the second slot no problem. So, my suggestion is to see if your 480 boots fine in the second PCIeX16 slot and put the sound card in the second PCIeX1 slot and see what happens *Big Grin Network card in PCIEX1 slot prevents PC from shutting down, auto boots PC :D

theonedub, Jan 30, 2019
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jan 30, 2019
  4. wortex Win User

Network card in PCIEX1 slot prevents PC from shutting down, auto boots PC

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Network card in PCIEX1 slot prevents PC from shutting down, auto boots PC

1. Network card in PCIEX1 slot prevents PC from shutting down, auto boots PC - Similar Threads - Network card PCIEX1

2. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  3. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  4. PC boots with blue screen then shuts down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC boots with blue screen then shuts down: Hi,I upgraded my motherboard and CPU the other day, and started getting multiple blue screens of death. I had read up I should do a clean install of windows, especially because I have a new motherboard.It was not possible to do a clean install in settings> update security >...
  5. Prevention from shutting down the laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevention from shutting down the laptop: I recently faced an issue regarding the prevention of the laptop from shutting down it said 'task host window preventing the pc from shutting down and then says to go back and save anything which was not saved' so instead of cancelling and checking why was the issue occurring...
  6. The sound card prevent to computer shut down

The sound card prevent to computer shut down: My computer sound card burned out and I bought a new separate sound card. It works fine but when I turn off the computer, the computer shuts down for 1 second and then turns on quickly. The computer turned off properly when I pulled out the sound card. Its company name is...
  7. Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to prevent apps from preventing my pc from shutting down?: I can no longer hit shut down and walk away from my pc, I have to wait and see if there's an application preventing my computer from shutting down to which I click "shut down anyway", it happens almost every time I try to shutdown or restart. It's hardly ever the same app...
  8. Apps that prevent my PC from shutting down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps that prevent my PC from shutting down: So I have 2 programs in the autostart, Winamp and Chatty and before format Winamp used to prevent from shutting down, now after the format it's Chatty (I believe having them in autostart casuses the problem, maybe it's something different). Is there any solution? submitted...
  9. Group Policy shutdown script preventing PC from shutting down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy shutdown script preventing PC from shutting down: On my machine, I have a script which shuts a Mac down via ssh. It's been tested and works ok. It doesn't require any input. This script is used on shutdown and is set in local GPO. However, when ever this is set, the PC does not shutdown and simply shows the shutting down...
  10. Issues booting the PC and shutting it down.

Issues booting the PC and shutting it down.: Hello TenForums members! I'm having some issues with my PC I have never had before. The computer is a personal rig I have personally worked on, but these last weeks some problems started appearing. Problem 1) {Had this problem for months, I think this problem also...