Windows 10: Network Card Keeps waking computer

Discus and support Network Card Keeps waking computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I put my computer to sleep it will frequently be restarted by my network card. I can solve this by only allowing magic packets to wake the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by davidsnbates, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Network Card Keeps waking computer

When I put my computer to sleep it will frequently be restarted by my network card.

I can solve this by only allowing magic packets to wake the computer. However this creates another issue as the computer doesn't recognize the Ethernet connection when I manually wake the computer with my mouse / keyboard so I have to restart the network card through device manager - often multiple times.

Is there a way to fix this?

:)

davidsnbates, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Logitech M510 Mouse Keeps Waking Up Computer

Hi,

It's always good to preserve your device's power by putting it on sleep mode. If your mouse is waking up the device, we suggest following the steps below as another workaround:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Once Command Prompt window opens, enter the following command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
    • You should be able to see the list of all devices that are allowed to wake up your computer. Enter
      powercfg -devicedisablewake “device name” into Command Prompt to stop a device from waking up your PC. Remember to
      replace “device name” with a name of the actual device. It’s also important to keep the quotation marks, so do not delete them.
    • You can also use powercfg -deviceenablewake “device name” command to enable certain device to wake up your PC, but it is optional. You can find the name of the specific device by using the Device Manager.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Feb 17, 2020
  3. yakideo Win User
    S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Eksy61 Win User

Network Card Keeps waking computer

Computer keeps waking from sleep. Tried everything.

I have a very simple suggestion:

The next time you put your computer to sleep,
    physically disconnect it from all networks: The Internet, your LAN, Bluetooth, everything.
    See if it still wakes up by itself.

Eksy61, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Network Card Keeps waking computer

1. Network Card Keeps waking computer - Similar Threads - Network Card Keeps

2. Computer keeps waking up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps waking up: Recently my computer has started walking itself up every 2 hours pretty much on the dot and I can't figure out why. Powercfg/lastwake tells me nothing, I've disabled my lan driver from waking it up too. The only thing I've changed since it started happening was getting a new...
  3. Computer keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps waking from sleep: My computer (fully up-to-date - 19042.746) Windows 10 Home x64 wakes from sleep constantly. This is what is waking the computer: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  4. Help - Computer keeps waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Help - Computer keeps waking from Sleep: Computer goes to sleep and wakes up 30 seconds later. When I run "powercfg -walktimers", I get the following message "Timer set by [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\svchost.exe SystemEventsBroker expires at 3:34:41 PM on 12/28/2020.Reason: Windows will...
  5. Network Card Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Card Keeps Disconnecting: Asus Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard So, my girlfriend is playing a game through Bluestacks. (No, it's not illegal, because it comes from the Google Play Store). The onboard LAN keeps disconnecting, which causes the Map Network Drive on my other computer to lose connection as...
  6. Network Card Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Card Keeps Disconnecting: Asus Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard So, my girlfriend is playing a game through Bluestacks. (No, it's not illegal, because it comes from the Google Play Store). The onboard LAN keeps disconnecting, which causes the Map Network Drive on my other computer to lose connection as...
  7. Computer keeps waking from sleep by intself.

Computer keeps waking from sleep by intself.: How can I stop my computer from waking up shortly after it is put in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-waking-from-sleep-by-intself/d2b9aa49-d10e-4d4f-a293-90f872432df8
  8. network card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    network card: I replaced the network card in my HP g6 the other day it works but the WIFI light turns blue when off and no light when on the connecters are in the right order 1&2 but I did fit a new keyboard maybe that's the reason or HP labelled the wires wrong because were the black...
  9. PCIe network card crashing computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCIe network card crashing computer: Hi all, Issue : 10/28/2018 I'm trying to get my asus PCE-AC88 card working. I can boot to windows and the card works. Within a few minutes I get a blue screen of death. The screen doesn't even last long enough for me to catch the error code and the pc restarts. This will be...
  10. Computer Keeps Waking Up During Hibernation

Computer Keeps Waking Up During Hibernation: Hi all you at TenForums. I signed up so I could find a solution to a problem I have been experiencing with my Windows 10 system. Recently, I've taken to Hibernating instead of Shutting Down or Sleeping for long periods of time (this is partly because of how the electronics...