Windows 10: Network card not showing

Discus and support Network card not showing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell XPS 8700. Win 10 Home. My Dell came with a Realtek 8111E Network Card which was working fine. After a thunderstorm, I returned home and my Uverse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArturoMeneses1, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Network card not showing

Dell XPS 8700. Win 10 Home.

My Dell came with a Realtek 8111E Network Card which was working fine. After a thunderstorm, I returned home and my Uverse Modem/Router was damaged and had to be replaced. Unfortunately, the ethernet on the computer is non functional and I'm forced to use the Dell's wireless in the meantime.

I removed the Realtek device ( as recommended) through device manager and rebooted expecting that the hardware would be detected and re-installed, but it wasn't. Now the device is missing from the Network category completely and I can't install drivers for it, which I also tried to do.

The network card is active in the Bios.

Please advise.

:)

ArturoMeneses1, Jun 12, 2019

2. Network card not showing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things

• Are you using router?

• Are you getting any error message?

Is you are using router then I suggest you to reset the router and check if the issue persist.

Also I suggest you to update the Network Adapter driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate Network drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Network card not showing

Windows 1709 10 Gbit card not showing up (X540-T2)

Hi Duncan,

If the network card is not recognized by the computer, most probably, it's already defective or not properly connected. For us to identify what's causing the problem, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Go to the View tab and put a tick on Show hidden devices.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Right-click the network adapter driver and select Properties.
    • Go to the General tab.
    • Under Device status, check if there is an error message listed.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend that you unplug and re-plug the network card if possible.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Network card not showing

1. Network card not showing - Similar Threads - Network card showing

2. Networks not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networks not showing: Last night my computer was fine, i had internet and could play games/browse the web. However, this morning when I opened my computer, I had no internet suddenly. I checked if i was connected and there were no networks to even connect to. I usually have atleast 10 networks...
  3. Minecoins not showing with prepaid card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecoins not showing with prepaid card: I redeemed a Minecoins card in my Microsoft account and the order shows it was redeemed and completed but I cannot get the actual coins to show in the Minecraft game. Please help! I restarted my computer and I've double checked to be sure I'm signed into the right...
  4. Network card of Giga and shows only 100mbps on network connections

Network card of Giga and shows only 100mbps on network connections: Hi, I upgraded my internet last week to 200/5 and the day I upgraded I couldn't reach above 100 Mbps. I started to check why I couldn't and then I thought maybe it's my Network Card and then I just bought a new card and checked if it shows above 100mbps and still it was stuck...
  5. not showing wireless lan card

not showing wireless lan card: my hp desktop has stopped showing the ralink 802.11 lan card in the device manager. I tried installing a linksys wireless-ac usb adapter but it won`t install properly...
  6. Network adapter card

Network adapter card: I have a Asus Maximus V Gene mob that has a Intel Gigabit Lan integrated on the mob model Intel 82576V. I have been having sleep wake up problems with Windows 10 and suspect that the 82576v may be the culprit (takes 30 seconds before icons become active when waking up from...
  7. Network card failure

Network card failure: Hi I'm sure there must be a few who have experienced this. I've done an upgrade and removed all Cisco VPN software / Kaspersky. I upgraded the intel NIC 82577 to the latest driver before upgrading but I still get the error the message in device manager that the NIC is...
  8. Card card showing up as Code 43

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Card card showing up as Code 43: So everything was working fine up until yesterday, then my computer would just crash when I played a game. after the first time I still had both screens being detected, but the second time I lost my secondary monitor. I then went to get the latest drivers but the same...
  9. sd card not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sd card not showing: Hi everyone I have 4 new sandisk ultra sd cards that will not show up on my computer, I have another two cards that work OK. All of the cards work in my camera and on another computer, why are they not showing on my computer. I have opened up disk management and there...
  10. Network card issues

Network card issues: Hi, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, as this issue is driving me nuts. When I turn my PC on from not being used for a few hours, it shows that there is no network card and when I go into network connections, the onboard (inbuilt into my...