Windows 10: Network card not showing

Discus and support Network card not showing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell XPS 8700. Win 10 Home. My Dell came with a Realtek 8111E Network Card which was working fine. After a thunderstorm, I returned home and my Uverse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArturoMeneses1, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Network card not showing

Dell XPS 8700. Win 10 Home.

My Dell came with a Realtek 8111E Network Card which was working fine. After a thunderstorm, I returned home and my Uverse Modem/Router was damaged and had to be replaced. Unfortunately, the ethernet on the computer is non functional and I'm forced to use the Dell's wireless in the meantime.

I removed the Realtek device ( as recommended) through device manager and rebooted expecting that the hardware would be detected and re-installed, but it wasn't. Now the device is missing from the Network category completely and I can't install drivers for it, which I also tried to do.

The network card is active in the Bios.

Please advise.

:)

ArturoMeneses1, Jun 12, 2019

2. Network card not showing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things

• Are you using router?

• Are you getting any error message?

Is you are using router then I suggest you to reset the router and check if the issue persist.

Also I suggest you to update the Network Adapter driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate Network drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Network card not showing

Windows 1709 10 Gbit card not showing up (X540-T2)

Hi Duncan,

If the network card is not recognized by the computer, most probably, it's already defective or not properly connected. For us to identify what's causing the problem, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Go to the View tab and put a tick on Show hidden devices.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Right-click the network adapter driver and select Properties.
    • Go to the General tab.
    • Under Device status, check if there is an error message listed.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we recommend that you unplug and re-plug the network card if possible.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Network card not showing

1. Network card not showing - Similar Threads - Network card showing

2. Can’t get Network Card to show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get Network Card to show up: Hello, I hope you all are well,I can’t connect to internet due to my network card not showing up or being recognized. This all started about a couple weeks ago, my M.2 Storage Device died, causing me to replace it with a new one. When I got it all set up I noticed I had no...
  3. Can’t get Network Card to show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get Network Card to show up: Hello, I hope you all are well,I can’t connect to internet due to my network card not showing up or being recognized. This all started about a couple weeks ago, my M.2 Storage Device died, causing me to replace it with a new one. When I got it all set up I noticed I had no...
  4. Can’t get Network Card to show up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop network card not showing after Win10 fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop network card not showing after Win10 fresh install: So I just got a new Dell XPS 15. It came loaded with Windows 11 and I was looking to downgrade to Windows 10. I made installation media and installed it normally but in the network setup nothing showed up. No problem I thought, I'll just set up without internet for now and...
  6. Network card not showing in device manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network card not showing in device manager.: I recently installed a new network adapter and ever since then I’ve been having issues. Sometimes it shows up in device manager and sometimes it isn’t there. I haven’t been able to access the internet on my pc. I’ve tried everything. Reinstalling drivers, performing a network...
  7. Gigabit Network Card is only showing 100mbps in network adapter>status

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gigabit Network Card is only showing 100mbps in network adapter>status: I'm using 3600+B450 tomahawk max mobo with CAT6 LAN cable plugged in. I'm using Win10 1909 18363.815 All the while it has been 1Gbps until few days ago it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting by its own. And when reconnects it shows 100mbps. Cable should be working fine as...
  8. Network card issues

Network card issues: I have a HP laptop with Windows 10, everytime I turn off my laptop and take it somewhere else with an established wifi and turn my laptop on my network card is disabled. Since I have no wifi button on my laptop I have to reset the network card. Even when I take it back home...
  9. network card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    network card: I replaced the network card in my HP g6 the other day it works but the WIFI light turns blue when off and no light when on the connecters are in the right order 1&2 but I did fit a new keyboard maybe that's the reason or HP labelled the wires wrong because were the black...
  10. Network card of Giga and shows only 100mbps on network connections

Network card of Giga and shows only 100mbps on network connections: Hi, I upgraded my internet last week to 200/5 and the day I upgraded I couldn't reach above 100 Mbps. I started to check why I couldn't and then I thought maybe it's my Network Card and then I just bought a new card and checked if it shows above 100mbps and still it was stuck...