Windows 10: Network card only enabled after using Linux Live USB

Discus and support Network card only enabled after using Linux Live USB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have the following problem in several computers in my company. The network cable it is enabled at the device manager but i have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fontenele, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Fontenele Win User

Network card only enabled after using Linux Live USB

Hello everyone,

I have the following problem in several computers in my company. The network cable it is enabled at the device manager but i have no network connection.
    I've tried the command "netsh winsock reset", restart Windows, but still with no network connection.
    To troubleshoot, i have to put a Linux Live USB (Linux Mint, Ubuntu...), acess the live system, restart the computer and then, at Windows 10, network it is ok.
    About the versions of Windows 10, i have them from the first release to 1903, all randomly, sometimes, returning with this problem. In time, we use Sophos as antivirus and most of the network cards are Realtek.

Thanks in advance,

:)

Fontenele, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Network card only enabled after using Linux Live USB - Similar Threads - Network card enabled

2. Usb not Formatting After Live Booting Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb not Formatting After Live Booting Linux: installed a Linux live boot on my USB drive. After I finished using it, I booted back into Windows 10 To format the USB drive to try another operating system. I used DiskPart for this, but I encountered an error that I haven't been able to resolveif the image dose not Load...
  3. Usb not Formatting After Live Booting Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb not Formatting After Live Booting Linux: installed a Linux live boot on my USB drive. After I finished using it, I booted back into Windows 10 To format the USB drive to try another operating system. I used DiskPart for this, but I encountered an error that I haven't been able to resolveif the image dose not Load...
  4. Usb not Formatting After Live Booting Linux

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Change network configuration when the network card is only used for sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change network configuration when the network card is only used for sharing: Computer 1 has 2 network cards, Card A and Card B. Card A is connected with a cable with Internet connection, Computer 1 is sharing the internet connection through Card B to Computer 2. I also want to use Computer 1 as a smb server. But I found I'm unable to `ping` computer 1...
  6. Change network configuration when the network card is only used for sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change network configuration when the network card is only used for sharing: Computer 1 has 2 network cards, Card A and Card B. Card A is connected with a cable with Internet connection, Computer 1 is sharing the internet connection through Card B to Computer 2. I also want to use Computer 1 as a smb server. But I found I'm unable to `ping` computer 1...
  7. cannot access usb driver after use for Linux boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access usb driver after use for Linux boot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-format-usb-external-drive/91ea54aa-0790-45c6-ba73-855015523cf6I encountered the similar issue as the above people face. I have two USB drivers, one is 16GB and another one is 64GB. Both of them are failed to be...
  8. Use Smart card in Linux VMs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Use Smart card in Linux VMs: Hi, I've recently enabled hyper-v on my Windows 10 pro system that's updated (June 2019). I've seen that enhanced session mode is available for both the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and the Ubuntu 19.04 templates from the "quick create" menu. This has the ability to access local...
  9. Network becomes enabled only after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network becomes enabled only after restart: Hi all, This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums After one week of trying several things out, I finally I installed Windows 10 again with the option to keep all my apps and settings and am able to install updates now. But now I...
  10. Network becomes enabled only after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Network becomes enabled only after restart: Hi all, This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums After one week of trying several things out, I finally I installed Windows 10 again with the option to keep all my apps and settings and am able to install updates now. But now I...