Windows 10: Network Changed

Discus and support Network Changed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have a mixed environment of systems of Win 10, 7 and 8.1. I also have a FreeNAS box which I just did a clean install of the newest version. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AirPower4ever, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Network Changed

So I have a mixed environment of systems of Win 10, 7 and 8.1. I also have a FreeNAS box which I just did a clean install of the newest version. I have a router that has a an access share which has worked all the time.

Since the new FreeNAS was installed I think this created a problem with the network, but I am not sure. I think it has something to do with MSBROWSE and who is the master in the network. My theory is this, once the NAS box came online I can no longer see the NAS box nor my router share on any of my systems so this is now network wide. If I click on "Network" all my computers show up, but not router share nor the NAS box. I can ping the box, I can create a network drive connection to the box and to the share on the router.

But I am so curious, by adding a system that the network gets changed. So digging around I noticed that the when I look at the properties under the security tab for the network connection I created on all systems that the user and group are the NAS credentials I set up on the box. This is why I think the MSBROWSE may be the issue. I may be way off, but it is just strange that this happened. I know I can still connect via the methods I mentioned above, but in the end don't want the NAS box to have that kind of control nor the ability to add those credentials. In other words, I want to connect to the router share without any information from or about the NAS box.

So wondering if there is a solution to this. I'd rather have my network the way it was before; I can see all the computers and the router share when I click on "Network". The system scans the network and finds all those computers. Any help or information on what I can do to get back to this would be appreciated.

:)

AirPower4ever, Feb 13, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Change network profile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to try the below steps to change a Private network to Public, and check if it helps.

• Click on the Network icon on the notification area, click
      Open Network Setting
    • Double Click on network location.
    • Turn “on”, Find devices and content.
    • Close.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Network Changed

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Network Changed :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Network Changed

1. Network Changed - Similar Threads - Network Changed

2. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default network adapter used by applications: I have a server that I administer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2. It has two wired network adapters: Adapter 1 is connected to the local data network with an internet connection; Adapter 2 is a CCTV network with no internet access. Generally everything communicates...
  3. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default network adapter used by applications: I have a server that I administer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2. It has two wired network adapters: Adapter 1 is connected to the local data network with an internet connection; Adapter 2 is a CCTV network with no internet access. Generally everything communicates...
  4. How to change the default network adapter used by applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???: Hello! A month or two ago, my Dell XPS laptop begin exhibiting a very frustrating behavior: it now requires a full restart in order to connect to a wifi network, even a network it has already accessed and was functioning, if it goes out of range or disconnects for some...
  6. Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???

Windows 11 laptop now requires full restart to change WiFi networks - how to fix???: Hello! A month or two ago, my Dell XPS laptop begin exhibiting a very frustrating behavior: it now requires a full restart in order to connect to a wifi network, even a network it has already accessed and was functioning, if it goes out of range or disconnects for some...
  7. System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.: Hi,I am using Kaspersky VPN before I had issue with VPN, so I had done network reset before resetting in windows system tray icon Wi-Fi symbol changes to wired network symbol when connected to VPN but after resetting it won't change at all I had restarted and reinstalled...
  8. System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.

System tray Wi-Fi icon does not change to wired network icon when after connected to VPN.: Hi,I am using Kaspersky VPN before I had issue with VPN, so I had done network reset before resetting in windows system tray icon Wi-Fi symbol changes to wired network symbol when connected to VPN but after resetting it won't change at all I had restarted and reinstalled...
  9. Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option...: Running windows 11.When I connect to my router never gives me the option to choose private network. It doesn't have an internet connection. When I go into "manage known networks" and click on the network I'm connected to it does not display the option to choose public or...
  10. Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option...

Has anyone figured out how to change network properties to private network when the option...: Running windows 11.When I connect to my router never gives me the option to choose private network. It doesn't have an internet connection. When I go into "manage known networks" and click on the network I'm connected to it does not display the option to choose public or...