Windows 10: Network chaos: will renaming help?

Discus and support Network chaos: will renaming help? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a LAN at home with three PCs (and a WDTV Live). All three PCs are running up-to-date 64-bit Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900) I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ralphholmes, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Network chaos: will renaming help?

I have a LAN at home with three PCs (and a WDTV Live). All three PCs are running up-to-date 64-bit Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900)
    I'm having problems with linking to them on my LAN.
    It looks as if there are several LANs on the system, called "Network", "Ralph-Network" and "Ralph-Wireless", all of which, despite the "wireless" in the name are Ethernet connections.
    Would it make connecting PCs a reality if all the networks had the same name?
    If I go to Settings - Network & Internet - change adapter options and then select the network and rename it, this seems to change the wrong thing.

Network chaos: will renaming help? [​IMG]

In the picture, what I think I need to change is the middle line, but I don't know how to do this.
    Is there a kind whizz-kid out there who can sort me out, please?

:)

ralphholmes, Jul 2, 2020
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Network chaos: will renaming help?

Renaming the Computer...

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to rename the computer name as below and check if the issue persists.

Here’s how to rename the computer on Windows 10:

• Click on the Search icon in the taskbar Search icon;
    • Search Rename this computer and click on the result;
    • Click Change;
    • Rename the computer and then click OK to save.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Network chaos: will renaming help?

1. Network chaos: will renaming help? - Similar Threads - Network chaos renaming

2. I need help !!! BSOD Chaos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help !!! BSOD Chaos: Hi everyoneI have a Acer E5-523 laptop with 4gb of RAM. For some reason when I browse the internet a BSOD randomly appears with a corrupted look. What I mean by that is every single word there is a hole in the middle shaped like a bracket, this shape: "". And I can't see what...
  3. I'm in a chaos!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm in a chaos!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ok_Republic8412 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m44tt5/im_in_a_chaos/
  4. Can rename Network Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can rename Network Connection: In the "Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network Connections" I want to rename a connection from "Ethernet" to "LAN A" which is the name on the PC cabinet. But I get the error: "Cannot rename this connection. A connection with the name you specified already exists....
  5. Update chaos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update chaos: Hi. Just visited my parents and found they have not been able to use their computer or access the internet for a few months because of a microsoft update. I've had a look and got nowhere. They dont have smart phones or internet access now. Passwords Microsoft require are...
  6. rename cellular available network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rename cellular available network: Does anyone know how to change the name of this [img] running Windows 10 Home version 1909 153054
  7. rename cellular available network

in Windows 10 Support
    rename cellular available network: Does anyone know how to change the name of this [img] running Windows 10 Home version 1909 153054
  8. Stop Network Renaming

Stop Network Renaming: How do I stop the the network from constantly changing the network number and resetting the network security. I am now on network 17. This computer is attached with a fixed ethernet cable to the same router. No hardware changes, yet every update or at random reboots...
  9. How to rename network interfaces

How to rename network interfaces: Hi, I've got a new DSL router and configured it with the same settings as previous. I already tried and successfuly renamed Network Adapters as they were before, it is now Ethernet and Wi-Fi but it is still not enough. netsh interface show interface command still saying...
  10. Rename Network Adapter in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Network Adapter in Windows: How to: Rename Network Adapter in Windows How to Rename a Network Adapter in Windows A network adapter is a computer hardware component that connects a computer to a computer network known as a network connection. This tutorial will show you different ways to rename...