Windows 10: Network computers accessable but not visible

Discus and support Network computers accessable but not visible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had some issues with my familys network. Some of the computers don't show up in windows network. If I enter the computer's name I can log into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrendanKOD, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Network computers accessable but not visible

I've had some issues with my familys network. Some of the computers don't show up in windows network. If I enter the computer's name I can log into it just fine, but unless I manually navigate it doesn't appear.

:)

BrendanKOD, Dec 11, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Dec 11, 2019
  3. tlpooles Win User
    Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1

I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS router. These hard drives are visible to all computers on the network with the exception of a laptop running Windows 10. All other computers are Windows 7. I can see the Network infrastructure from the laptop (ASUS router) but nothing else. I can actually connect to the laptop from other computers on the network and access files as needed, but I am unable to see any devices on the laptop, so I am unable to access the hard drives or other computers. Any ideas? I have file sharing turned on.

tlpooles, Dec 11, 2019
  4. hpup10 Win User

Network computers accessable but not visible

PCs no longer visible on Network after auto Windows Updates 10 Pro

I have 8 computers on a Network running MS Windows 10 Pro and all of them access a shared folder on a server computer. Now, 2 of the computers are no longer visible on the network after MS updated the computers during the night. The Windows Updates were:
    Update For Windows 10 V1607 KB3211320
    Update for Adobe Flash Windows V10 1607
    Feature Update for Windows 10 v1607

For example, using Windows File Explorer, I would click on "Network" and it would list all of the computers on our network. At that point I would click on the "Server" computer and a list of the folders that I have access to would be displayed. Now, the Server computer is no longer visible on the network using Windows File Explorer. I am confident that the culprit is Windows automatic update because this happened once before on another machine and the problem was resolved after I removed the MS updates.

Does can anyone suggest a solution to my problem which doesn't involve removing the updates? I am reluctant to remove the updates again because I know it is important to remain current and I am worried a subsequent update will cause a repeat of the problem. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

hpup10, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Network computers accessable but not visible

1. Network computers accessable but not visible - Similar Threads - Network computers accessable

2. not Visible on the Network Despite Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not Visible on the Network Despite Access: 10 out of 80 computers in total are on the same hardware. I installed windows by cloning this 10 computer and reactivated it with the keys in the bios. I chose the hostnames according to the user. only these computers do not appear on the network. There is an access in the...
  3. not Visible on the Network Despite Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not Visible on the Network Despite Access: 10 out of 80 computers in total are on the same hardware. I installed windows by cloning this 10 computer and reactivated it with the keys in the bios. I chose the hostnames according to the user. only these computers do not appear on the network. There is an access in the...
  4. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not visible in network folder: I have 4 computers running Win10 21H2 on my home LAN. I have network file sharing enabled on each computer.All the computers can see each other's network shares, except for one machine that's doesn't show in the "Network" icon from anywhere, not even from itself when locally...
  5. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not visible in network folder: I have 4 computers running Win10 21H2 on my home LAN. I have network file sharing enabled on each computer.All the computers can see each other's network shares, except for one machine that's doesn't show in the "Network" icon from anywhere, not even from itself when locally...
  6. Computer not visible in network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Network visible, credential is correct but access is denied

Network visible, credential is correct but access is denied: Just got a new Lenovo windows 10 laptop that we are trying to connect to the network wirelessly it does not have an ethernet port. I have the correct name and password logged into the network. The network is visible when using file explorer. However, when I go to open a...
  8. Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1

Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1: I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS router. These hard drives are visible to all computers on the network with the exception of a laptop running Windows 10. All...
  9. my computer is not visible on network

my computer is not visible on network: Hello I have problem with my computer. I can see other computers on "Network", but others can't see me. If I try to connect to other computer i got this error Error code 0x80070035...
  10. Making all computers visible on network

Making all computers visible on network: I have the most recent form of Windows 10. We have 3 laptops and 1 desktop. After the most recent Windows 10 update, we can't see any other computers on the network from the laptops, but we can see all of them from the desktop. Because the desktop is not viewable, we...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i not see other computers on my network