Windows 10: Network Computers are Not accessible in Windows 10 Version 1909

Discus and support Network Computers are Not accessible in Windows 10 Version 1909 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 3 computer in the network All computer are running Windows10 version 1909 1 desktop and 2 portable all 3 computer are in Private network,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaetanBiron, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Network Computers are Not accessible in Windows 10 Version 1909

I have 3 computer in the network

All computer are running Windows10 version 1909

1 desktop and 2 portable

all 3 computer are in Private network, with sharing on, without password

all 3 computer have share on one or many folder to Everyone

desktop and first portable see and communicate between them

second portable see the desktop and first portable BUT cannot access desktop and first portable

I receive the message "Windows cannot access \\desktop-...." when I click the "desktop...." file explorer Network line

the diagnose button give information that everything is OK

many answers to similar situation recommend to execute and update "Services", which I did.

Services are:

- Function Discovery Provider Host

- Function Discovery Resource Publication

- SSDP Discovery

- UPnP Device Host

"Function Discovery Provider Host" is NOT FOUND

"Function Discovery Resource Publication" is NOT FOUND

"SSDP Discovery" is NOT FOUND

"UPnP Device Host" is NOT FOUND

on the 2 other computer of the network, those services are available and are set to "Automatic"

Manny questions: why and is it because of those missing entries in the services that I am getting this message?

If yes, how do I add them, could I copy a file from an another computer

Thanks for the help

:)

GaetanBiron, Jul 1, 2020

2. Unable to access Network Drive with Windows 10 Version 1909

I am unable to access our work Network drive with my new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Version 1909. My colleague had the same issue when he updated his Windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909. Please could you provide assistance or a work around to be
    able to access the Network drive.

Alwyn Ally, Jul 1, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Network Computers are Not accessible in Windows 10 Version 1909

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Network Computers are Not accessible in Windows 10 Version 1909

1. Network Computers are Not accessible in Windows 10 Version 1909 - Similar Threads - Network Computers are

2. Computer stuck on windows 10 version 1909.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on windows 10 version 1909.: After using the updater, the settings app update section, and making a bootable thumb drive to "upgrade" from my PC refuses to update to a newer version. The thumb drive when booted says that the process cannot be completed and to run setup in windows. When I attempt an...
  3. Computer stuck on windows 10 version 1909.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on windows 10 version 1909.: After using the updater, the settings app update section, and making a bootable thumb drive to "upgrade" from my PC refuses to update to a newer version. The thumb drive when booted says that the process cannot be completed and to run setup in windows. When I attempt an...
  4. Computer stuck on windows 10 version 1909.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10, version 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10, version 1909: Hello! I'm having a problem downloading this update. (Windows 10 version 1909) Each time I would try to download it, It will tell me to retry again. ( Error 0x8000ffff) Did anyone else have this problem? If so, how did they get it to download? submitted by...
  6. network connectivity issues in window 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network connectivity issues in window 10 version 1909: i recently updated the wireless lan driver in hp support assistant but after installing i am facing network issues in laptop HP Laptop 15-da0xxx please reply me about the resolution or is issue in network i connected...
  7. Unable to access Network Drive with Windows 10 Version 1909

Unable to access Network Drive with Windows 10 Version 1909: I am unable to access our work Network drive with my new Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 Version 1909. My colleague had the same issue when he updated his Windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909. Please could you provide assistance or a work around to be able to access the...
  8. Windows 10, Version 1909

Windows 10, Version 1909: My Windows updated to version 1909 on 2/23/2020. Now I'm having a few problems. 1. My settings window will randomly close itself. 2. It is no longer possible to enable the night light setting. 3. When I try to view certain thing like the "See what's new in this update" it...
  9. windows 10 version 1909

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 version 1909: I installed windows 10 version 1909 and removed mcaffee internet security. It's not possible to download any pdf files or download any file. Not possible to download and safe a pdf file on my computer. Also not possible to download any programme....
  10. WINDOWS 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 version 1909: Please i need more update on the features of windows 10 version 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1909/e7d4d55b-a1a6-4472-b957-c7615a12460b