Windows 10: Network computers not being discovered

Discus and support Network computers not being discovered in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I really hope somebody can help me. I have 3 computers A and B and C as follows A Win 10 Pro ver 1803 (MAIN) B Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (SLAVE)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SurfaceUserTSV, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Network computers not being discovered

Hi, I really hope somebody can help me.

I have 3 computers A and B and C as follows

A Win 10 Pro ver 1803 (MAIN)

B Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (SLAVE)

C Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (NUC)

all connected by ethernet cable to a switch, the switch is then ethernet connected to the router/modem.

I have reserved DHCP IP address's based on the individual computers ethernet MAC address in the router/modem.

When I open file explorer and view the network connected computers then..

'A' can see itself 'A' and 'C' but not 'B'

'B' can see 'A' and 'C' but not itself 'B'!!

'C' can see 'A' and its self 'C' but not 'B'

so 'B' cant see itself and other computers cant see it in file explorer.

'B' use to be accessable on the network with a prior version of Windows home, I have recently upgraded home to pro but this didnt help my problem.

I have turned on SMB 1, and function discovery, etc etc, .... I have tried every web site suggestion on the internet for weeks now.

I have turned off TCP/IPv6, now only running TCP/IPv4.

I have done a recent clean install of windows as well.

Any suggestion as to how to get this computer to be viewed on the network would be appreciated.

:)

SurfaceUserTSV, Feb 26, 2019

2. Network discovering

I have encountered this problem on a few occasions - I have changed my router

No error messages

I have tried switching the Media server off and on

I have examined the network options to ensure 'discover' is on

I have rebooted my Dell laptop and the router

I am using Version 1709 of Windows 10

MikeNiblett, Feb 26, 2019
  3. updates messed up my network discovery and now my other network computers and hp printer not discovered

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and We apologies for delay in responding.

This issue might occur due to incorrect settings. I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

For each of the machines experiencing this behavior, will you please perform the following:

Step 1: Ensure Network Discovery is enabled.

• Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
    • For each Network Category (Public, Private, Domain) you wish to have the feature enabled, click the arrow to the right of the category to expand it, and select “Turn on network discovery” & check “Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices”
    Step 2: Ensure that Network Discovery is allowed inbound in the Windows Firewall (in addition to any other firewall in use).

• [Windows Key + R] > Firewall.cpl
    • Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” in the left pane.
    • In the Allowed apps and features scroll box, find “Network Discovery”.
    • Make sure it is checked for all of the Network categories that you have enabled.
    Step 3: Ensure the necessary services are started.

• [Windows Key + R] > Services.msc
    • Base Filtering Engine(BFE)
    • Computer Browser(Browser)
    • DHCP Client(DHCP)
    • DNS Client(DNSCache)
    • Network Connection (NetMan)
    • Network Location Awareness(NLASvc)
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)(RPCSS)
    • Server(LANManServer)
    • SSDP Discovery (SSDPSrv)
    • TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper (LMHosts)
    • Workstation(LANManWorkstation)

Step 4: I would suggest you to run Home Group troubleshooter and see if that helps.
    • Click Start and type troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    Let us know the update after you try the above steps.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Network computers not being discovered

updates messed up my network discovery and now my other network computers and hp printer not discovered

Thishis is helpful but not honestly the issue with Windows 10.

The problem is for Windows 10 to see ANY DEVICE or Network Device or Printer or USB drive is REBOOT!

But only after your suggestions. Example below of a posted thread I put on Facebook:

Let me get this straight please:

I have a Windows 95 and XP computer behind me and they see this computer on the network fine, but I have to reboot Windows 10 to see them?

Which OS sucks.........Windows 10 seems to be worse then Windows 95!!!!!!

You have to ask why do I need to Reboot Windows 10 at the drop of a hat to get anything done?

Windows 95 is better then Windows 10 as I did not have to REBOOT the Windows 95 Computer to see Windows 10!

My Gawd even a DOS machine is not this crappy! It sees the Windows 10 computer without a REBOOT!

Windows 10 is a clear step backwards in being backwards compatibility and function.

How did this product of Windows 10 ever make it out of the shop and onto our desktops?

RichardGilbertson, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Network computers not being discovered

1. Network computers not being discovered - Similar Threads - Network computers being

2. Laptop not being discovered as a option in Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not being discovered as a option in Wireless Display: I have a PC and laptop which both are windows 11. I figured this was a problem because my laptop was Windows 10 and it wasn't being discovered so I upgraded it and no luck.I have Wireless Display installed and open on my laptop while I press W + K on my pc and my laptop...
  3. 1 of 3 computers on my network will not discover the others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1 of 3 computers on my network will not discover the others.: I have looked at every settings I could find, but one of my laptops will not "see" the other 2 computers on the network for file and printer sharing. Laptop #1 can see the desktop and other laptop, shared files and shared printers. Laptop #2 sees the desktop media device but...
  4. can't discover other computer on network

can't discover other computer on network: I have spent a lot of time with 3 different techs at Microsoft trying to fix the lack of discovery on my wifi network. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-discover-other-computer-on-network/a9047407-7e56-4560-be00-48c28e979630
  5. Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?

Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?: Hello everyone, this issue has been driving me crazy but at least I can throw all my energy at it due to being home all the time now. I have a Desktop HP All-In-One running WIndows 10 set as "discoverable"connected to the internet through a Bell Home Hub 2000 Router. Wired...
  6. unable to discover desktop computer on private network

unable to discover desktop computer on private network: I am unable to discover my desktop computer on private network. My desktop can access my laptop but not the otherway round. It used to be fully useable a few weeks ago....
  7. Windows 10 network discovered computers error 0x80070035

Windows 10 network discovered computers error 0x80070035: Hi There, I'm having an issue where some computers on our network are not talking to each other. Using one computer as an example, it's been able to discover all computers on the network browser, but when I click to open that computer it gives 0x80070035 error (The...
  8. Network Discover issues

Network Discover issues: Three of my four workgroup PCs discover all the others, but one only discovers itself and one other. One of these has full access to all the shares on all the others, but none of the others have any access except to themselves and to the Netgear ReadyShare. I have...
  9. XP being able to discover W10 computers on my private network

XP being able to discover W10 computers on my private network: This one will be a no-brainer for you folks... Up until a recent security update for XP that I loaded maybe a week or less ago, I had no problems at all. I can not explore my workgroup ("Buffy", just to irritate my wife) from my XP computer (both the XP and the W10...
  10. Computer stopped being discovered by other devices on network

Computer stopped being discovered by other devices on network: My problem is rather strange and one I haven't come across before. Today, out of the blue, my PC stopped being discovered by other devices on the home network; the Plex media server and Unified Remote servers running on the computer are being discovered by their respective...