Windows 10: Network computers not showing after 20H2 update

Discus and support Network computers not showing after 20H2 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All, There seems to be a problem with the network computers not showing up. Say my computer is named "BRYCE-PC" and the remote computer is "YuleLog-PC"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tornadosurvivor, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Network computers not showing after 20H2 update

All,
    There seems to be a problem with the network computers not showing up.
    Say my computer is named "BRYCE-PC" and the remote computer is "YuleLog-PC"
    I am trying to get psexec to work properly, and worked until today.
    I have Spectrum (using their new Wave 2 router and Modem with QR Code) and resetting it shows the computer for a split second, and then disappears.

Network computers not showing after 20H2 update [​IMG]

The above picture shows what it does now.
    The below picture shows what I try to do in order to connect.

I have enabled Function Discovery and placed on Autostart, already have everything on except password, and reset modem and router, only to work for a few seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

And also it seems to be RDC is broken too

:)

tornadosurvivor, Oct 26, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Network computers not showing after 20H2 update

No computers show in Network

If we understood it correctly, the computers still do not show the Network tab after troubleshooting computer B. You may be correct that the firewall is blocking the network connection. You can try resetting the firewall settings and see if the issue will
    still persist. Follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type CMD.
    • Right-click the Command Prompt from the search result and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: netshadvfirewall reset and press
      Enter
    • Once you are done, restart your PC.

We will wait for your update about the result.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Network computers not showing after 20H2 update

1. Network computers not showing after 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Network computers showing

2. Computer will not show available networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not show available networks: I’ve looked everywhere and done everything and still cannot find a fix for this. When i hit the “no wifi” logo, literally nothing but a bar that says Network and internet settings shows up. When i go there the troubleshooters are useless, and when i click on show available...
  3. Computer "stutters" after Windows 10 update 20H2 update 19042.868

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer "stutters" after Windows 10 update 20H2 update 19042.868: Hello I face again an issue on my desktop since Windows 10 20H2 update. Stuttering twice per second : mouse move is blocked for an instant, video and sound stutter constantly. Computer not usable anymore except for basic functions. I tried many things , including...
  4. Updated to 20H2, drives showing as 'unallocated'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to 20H2, drives showing as 'unallocated': Updated my computer to 20H2 overnight, and woke up to find that all my drives except my boot drive were missing, with Disk Management showing them as unallocated space. I find it hard to believe that Windows completely wiped them, is there any way to get my data back?...
  5. Update History is not showing v.20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update History is not showing v.20H2: I updated my machine to version 20H2. When I look at the "review update history" in settings there is no entry showing the update took place. I thought maybe the log file was corrupt so I ran sfc /scannow and repaired the log file. Rebooted and still no change in the view...
  6. Computer not showing up on network after Win10 2020 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer not showing up on network after Win10 2020 update.: So I just updated computer A to Win10 2004 19041.264 and now computer B ( Win10 1909 18363.836) can not see it. The ethernet network ( via cable ) was working perfectly before the update. There must have been a change in the updated computer A somewhere but I cannot work...
  7. Network Computers not showing under network

Network Computers not showing under network: So, I checked, and the appropriate services are running under services.msc. We use windows server which I have access to but the local machine I do not have the admin password for. I can access the server one, but not the locals. I am trying to find a way to remote access...
  8. Computers not showing in network

Computers not showing in network: I'm so very annoyed, I've been having this issue for many years now. I've sought help for many years now with no real fix. I go to File Explorer and Network and even though there is 3 computers all connected to the same router, all marked as private with sharing turned...
  9. Computer not showing in network

Computer not showing in network: Last week I upgraded my Acer laptop to version 1803. I went well. Today I decided to upgrade my Dell desktop and it did go quite as well. On the laptop I can can see the Dell desktop in Network along with itself and one other 1709 macine as well as printers on the network....
  10. Can't network computers after update

Can't network computers after update: After updating to latest version of Windows, I can no longer network my computers. I know Homegroup went away, but I never used it anyway. I have two identical laptops the share the same problem. I have made sure the hard drives are set up for sharing. I have a tablet...