Windows 10: Network Computers not showing under network

Discus and support Network Computers not showing under network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I checked, and the appropriate services are running under services.msc. We use windows server which I have access to but the local machine I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James Holyoke, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Network Computers not showing under network

So, I checked, and the appropriate services are running under services.msc. We use windows server which I have access to but the local machine I do not have the admin password for. I can access the server one, but not the locals. I am trying to find a way to remote access services.msc on each PC to start the ones that are not running the specific ones outline in all docs. Some PC's show all computers under network, some don't. So, Actually I have local admin access on one PC besides the server. I try to remote in via Computer Manager or whatever it is, it wont let me. Is there a way to make myself admin or grant me right to change services.msc on other network computer through the server computer or the local admin one I have access to? The other stand alone admin passwords were changed and I just don't have the time yet to go and reset each one. By the way, some PC's don't show up under network BUT I can access them manually \\pcname\ works fine. Anyway to manually add each computer somehow, ANY help would be great.

:)

James Holyoke, Dec 26, 2019

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Dec 26, 2019
  4. FLY3R Win User

Network Computers not showing under network

Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Network Computers not showing under network :)

FLY3R, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Network Computers not showing under network

1. Network Computers not showing under network - Similar Threads - Network Computers showing

2. No networks appearing under wireless networks; computer cannot identify wireless networks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No networks appearing under wireless networks; computer cannot identify wireless networks...: Today my Windows 10 computer is suddenly unable to connect to the internet at all. When I click on the internet button in the bottom righthand corner, the only option available is Network & Internet Settings and Airplane Mode which is turned off. All the other options are...
  3. No networks appearing under wireless networks; computer cannot identify wireless networks...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No networks appearing under wireless networks; computer cannot identify wireless networks...: Today my Windows 10 computer is suddenly unable to connect to the internet at all. When I click on the internet button in the bottom righthand corner, the only option available is Network & Internet Settings and Airplane Mode which is turned off. All the other options are...
  4. No networks appearing under wireless networks; computer cannot identify wireless networks...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi not showing under Network Connections

WiFi not showing under Network Connections: Above is my available Network Connections. I have been using ethernet for 10 years, but now I moved and need to connect to my new WiFi wireless instead of with Ethernet. I've watched all the videos regarding this subject and none is working. Any way to make the WiFi network...
  6. Network sharing - computer does not appear under Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network sharing - computer does not appear under Network: I have a desktop computer which has a folder I want to share to my 2 laptops and my wife's laptop. I initially did not have file sharing enabled for the desktop, but I figured out how to do that - I think. I used file explorer and the "Give access to" selection to share the...
  7. Networking not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC

Networking not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC: Since updating my Windows 10 Pro to Version 1909, I am no longer able to access the \\READYSHARE Drive on my PC. When I attempt to input \\READYSHARE path into the address bar, an error message 'Windows cannot access \\READYSHARE, error code 0x80004005' is displayed. I...
  8. Computers not showing in network

Computers not showing in network: I'm so very annoyed, I've been having this issue for many years now. I've sought help for many years now with no real fix. I go to File Explorer and Network and even though there is 3 computers all connected to the same router, all marked as private with sharing turned...
  9. Computer not showing in network

Computer not showing in network: Last week I upgraded my Acer laptop to version 1803. I went well. Today I decided to upgrade my Dell desktop and it did go quite as well. On the laptop I can can see the Dell desktop in Network along with itself and one other 1709 macine as well as printers on the network....
  10. Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer

Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer: Installed a new modem/router combo, now none of the local network computers show up under Network in Files Explorer. I have a Pro tablet, a laptop, and 2 desktops on the home network. I am "guessing" it has to do with some modem setting, not a clue where to start looking....