Windows 10: Network (Computers) only detects own Computer, nothing else

Discus and support Network (Computers) only detects own Computer, nothing else in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Network and under 'Computer', can only detect itself, when it is connected to another computer, a laptop, as well as WD Cloud. All Eternet/ CAT6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kuodo, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Kuodo Win User

Network (Computers) only detects own Computer, nothing else

My Network and under 'Computer', can only detect itself, when it is connected to another computer, a laptop, as well as WD Cloud. All Eternet/ CAT6 connected. It is odd because, the other computers can detect and connect to this one. This computer is also able to detect the Cloud device under 'Storage'(Only stores IP addresses), just not 'Computer'.

I have tried everything:
    -Formatted three times, twice with original installation kit, and the 3rd with the latest medialcreation toolkit. All updated to the latest 1809.
    -Set network ethernet to private.

-Change sharing options to 'Turn on network discovery' + 'Turn on file and printer sharing' on Private.

-Tried meddling with the registry, Netlogon won't start no matter what I did.
    -Did all the netsh and netcfig -d commands.
    -Waited several 5mins for Reset Network to activate.
    -Turn off Fast Bootup.

NONE of these work. On an occasion it was able to detect only the 2nd computer for awhile, not the laptop nor the WD Cloud. But then now It is back to square one.

:)

Kuodo, Jan 29, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Network (Computers) only detects own Computer, nothing else

Need help, Computer no longer detects NVIDIA graphics card

I removed the gpu and rebooted but the monitor still can't detect any signal. I made sure the computer was off and unplugged before clearing the cmos.

I followed these instructions
    How to Reset Your BIOS

When I reached step 10 the monitor didn't find signal from the computer.

markyourface, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Network (Computers) only detects own Computer, nothing else

1. Network (Computers) only detects own Computer, nothing else - Similar Threads - Network Computers detects

2. Computer can’t detect Bluetooth and networks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer can’t detect Bluetooth and networks: I was playing video games until I alt tabbed out of the game and clicked back in and suddenly my computer disconnected from all Bluetooth devices and Wi-Fi. My computer isn’t detecting any of these devices when I go back to reconnect them. I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  3. Computer can’t detect Bluetooth and networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer can’t detect Bluetooth and networks: I was playing video games until I alt tabbed out of the game and clicked back in and suddenly my computer disconnected from all Bluetooth devices and Wi-Fi. My computer isn’t detecting any of these devices when I go back to reconnect them. I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  4. My network settings only show airplane mode and nothing else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network settings only show airplane mode and nothing else: Here is an image of what it shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-settings-only-show-airplane-mode-and/37ab6022-f4fd-40e3-a8cd-89fd9bc890f9
  5. My network settings only show airplane mode and nothing else

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My network settings only show airplane mode and nothing else: Here is an image of what it shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-settings-only-show-airplane-mode-and/37ab6022-f4fd-40e3-a8cd-89fd9bc890f9
  6. My network settings only show airplane mode and nothing else

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. microphone only works in skype but nothing else

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone only works in skype but nothing else: Hi there, I am having a problem with windows recognizing my microphone. As the title suggests it can not be used for any application other than Skype have tried with Zoom, Camtasia, Audacity, and Discord. I am using an AT202 mic and a Behringer interface. They both appear...
  8. No computer detection on wired network

No computer detection on wired network: I have a household network that is hard-wired; the wireless is only for hand-held devices. I've been experiencing an issue lately where my wired desktop stopped detecting or being detected by the other computer and drive on the wired network but is detecting and being...
  9. Cannot detect ANY computers on network.

Cannot detect ANY computers on network.: I'm trying to set up my pc(and laptop) to be able to share local drives but for some inexplicable reason the pc refuses to detect ANY network computers including itself while it CAN ACCESS them if you know the address.(eg. \\mypc\local) My problem is: I've followed the exact...
  10. Desktop background is only displayed and nothing else

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background is only displayed and nothing else: Hello all, I am having a problem with windows. I was recently having some problems with widows 10 so I had the bright idea to Rest my PC using the options in the settings. I then chose to "Keep my files" as I have documents that I would like not to be deleted. So I let...