Windows 10: Network configuration Windows 10

Discus and support Network configuration Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; version 1809 build 17763.1 Since the last changes to the permissions and networking configuration I'm fighting with a setup of three PC's and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by _JackD_, Oct 6, 2018.

1. _JackD_ Win User

Network configuration Windows 10

version 1809 build 17763.1

Since the last changes to the permissions and networking configuration I'm fighting with a setup of three PC's and a laptop. I spent last couple of days trying to fix whatever MSFT is changing and at this point I need some suggestions.

I managed to configure two PC's so they see each other in the Network folder. Now I reached a point of confusion. Only the first one turned on has correct view of the network. The second one doesn't show any Network Computer. The only thing I can see on the second one connected it is when I type \\localhost in file explorer it will show its own shared folders. It is the same if I connect them in reverse order.

I can connect to the other computer by IP address and map drive, but I don't think it is persistent.

Thanks!

:)

_JackD_, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Network configuration Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Network configuration

2. users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network: users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network. We don't use IPv6, users can connect to our network via a VPN but with that network connection, if IPv6 is enabled they cannot see or access any network resources. Once it's disabled they...
  3. users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network: users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network. We don't use IPv6, users can connect to our network via a VPN but with that network connection, if IPv6 is enabled they cannot see or access any network resources. Once it's disabled they...
  4. users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Configure the network firewall to allow access to the following URLs on port 80

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure the network firewall to allow access to the following URLs on port 80: When I sign in to the Wi-Fi on two different college campuses MSN.com opens after logging in which is causing me trouble.This article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/internet-explorer-edge-open-connect-corporate-public-network...
  6. Configure the network firewall to allow access to the following URLs on port 80

Configure the network firewall to allow access to the following URLs on port 80: When I sign in to the Wi-Fi on two different college campuses MSN.com opens after logging in which is causing me trouble.This article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/internet-explorer-edge-open-connect-corporate-public-network...
  7. RPC configuration for network shared printer Windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPC configuration for network shared printer Windows 11 23H2: Hi,I am referring to the post at Windows 11 Error message 0x00000709 when trying to install shared - Microsoft Community . For solution given by Ramesh Srinivasan below:Fix: Printer Error 0x00000bc4 or 0x00000709 in Windows 11I need clarification for the following given steps...
  8. RPC configuration for network shared printer Windows 11 23H2

RPC configuration for network shared printer Windows 11 23H2: Hi,I am referring to the post at Windows 11 Error message 0x00000709 when trying to install shared - Microsoft Community . For solution given by Ramesh Srinivasan below:Fix: Printer Error 0x00000bc4 or 0x00000709 in Windows 11I need clarification for the following given steps...
  9. Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56 for my network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56 for my network adapter: I have an acer predator helios 300. It was not connecting to the internet i tried connecting to multiple sources so I tried updating my network adapter and then uninstalling it. Now the adapter gives the following message: Windows is still setting up class configuration for...
  10. Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56 for my network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device code 56 for my network adapter: I have an acer predator helios 300. It was not connecting to the internet i tried connecting to multiple sources so I tried updating my network adapter and then uninstalling it. Now the adapter gives the following message: Windows is still setting up class configuration for...