Windows 10: Network connection and Business Server TO Client, IP address issues

Discus and support Network connection and Business Server TO Client, IP address issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My windows 10 PC is my Business apps Server whose client is an iMac running the Network version of the Business apps, under Virtual Windows 7Pro. (... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Slipknot, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Slipknot Win User

Network connection and Business Server TO Client, IP address issues

My windows 10 PC is my Business apps Server whose client is an iMac running the Network version of the Business apps, under Virtual Windows 7Pro. ( Don’t get nervous, been doing WLAN’ed & LAN’ed PCs TO Macs running VIRTUAL WINDOWS since Win95. Consider the Mac, as a PC).
    The PC server was originally configured with a static IP address, (the google server config, which I forgot), to allow the client to connect effortlessly, either wirelessly or WIRED, which was implemented later.
    I later changed to a dynamic ip, chosen by DCHP (Netgear router, Spectrum internet service). It worked flawlessly, either way. When in DCHP mode, I just had to get the servers new, daily IP address, & enter that when I’d boot the business app in the client iMac.

I moved my office to a new location that does not yet have a communication cable installation (for Spectrum cable modem type internet services) that runs to my office. I will have to have this cable installed myself, so I can have Spectrum transfer my 200/100 service to this new location. That will take a few weeks to do.
    In the meantime:
    It does have a vintage Verizon system installed, (1/7 speed) that is in use by an associate for his phones , internet , & networked computers. Both my PC AND IMAC are temporarily wifi’ed into his Verizon network. His IT person, Networked both computers, my canon do all printer, and 2 credit card machines, by cat-6 into a small wired router box, that continues to his network router. Both computers now have internet &email access, (including the Mac & Win7 sides of the iMac). I think that this access is via WiFi only, because the credit card machines won’t work, the printer can’ connect, even wirelessly, to his network.
    But when I C-prompt the PC for an IP ADDRESS, it does give me an IPV4 (192.168.1 x), but no IPV6 address, (Instead, it gives me a hexadecimal string for that). When I key in that IPV4 address when the client business app is opened, “IT CANT FIND THE SERVER..”
    My credit card machines, and printer, do not work either. On the origin Spectrum network, They were all cat-5’d into my Netgear router, along with a 2 line Vonage VIOP SYSTEM, and all worked flawlessly for years!
    Questions:
    Will assigning a static IP ADDRESS IN WINDOWS 10, in the server computer, allow the business apps in the client iMac to connect?
    How do I do this? Where will I find this IP ADDRESS, when I do my daily “C-prompt: ifconfig inquiry,” on the server?
    2. Or, Should I plug both computers, the printer, and credit card machines, into my “trusty” Netgear Router from my Spectrum system, and THEN plug THAT into his main router?
    -Will that make the printer visible on his WiFi network, so both computers, and the business apps can print to it?
    -Will the credit card machines then function as they did?
    - does their proprietary support have to configure their machines to work on a Verizon network?
    3. Will the router then assign an IP ADDRESS, (a dynamic I presume?) that I can use to connect the business client to the server?
    4. Will configuring a static IP AT THIS TIME, THEN WORK? Any ideas would be appreciated! THANKS!

:)

Slipknot, Oct 5, 2018

2. Networking Issue Vista/XP

Sounds like a local (LAN) IP address conflict somewhere. Have you turned on DHCP on your router? Are all your computers DHCP clients (automatic IP address)?
    • When it's working check the IP address of each device.
    • When it's NOT working check the IP address of each device.
    • Are there any other devices on your network? Does your router have a network address database? Can you see ALL devices that are attached to the router? If so, list them and their IP addresses.
    Report back

lemonadesoda, Oct 5, 2018
  3. How to list the ICS clients' IP addresses in Windows 10?

Hello,
    I'm using ICS on Windows 10 (has both WiFi and Ethernet) to share Internet with other Windows 10 machines (on Ethernet) and is working perfectly fine. The Server is getting assigned 192.168.137.1 IP and the clients are getting IP's in the same subnet but with random IP addresses. I would like to know from the ICS server about the list IPs assigned to the ICS clients so that I can communicate with clients with IP. I don't have monitors connected to the clients, I access them vi RDP.

Please advise if it is possible to know the clients' assigned IPs (ofcourse, i can run a script with ping to each IP in the sequence to find out which IPs are UP but I don't want to do that way) from ICS server. If NOT then is there any easy free alternative to ICS?

Thanks

rallabandi, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Network connection and Business Server TO Client, IP address issues

How to get unique IP address for two Servers.

A server on the interwebz has no clue about your internal address, it only sees your external. Thus the machines have the same IP as far as the server is considered.

Doesn't source server have some option to allow clients from the same IP? If so, contact server admin.

DanTheBanjoman, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Network connection and Business Server TO Client, IP address issues

1. Network connection and Business Server TO Client, IP address issues - Similar Threads - Network connection Business

2. Server ip address could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server ip address could not be found: Windows 10 home , wifi speed excellent, signal strength 100%verified by other devices. When I try to open a page i get the "can't reach this page server address could not be found" After about 5 to 10 seconds the page will then load correctly. Sometimes the page won't load by...
  3. Server ip address could not be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server ip address could not be found: Windows 10 home , wifi speed excellent, signal strength 100%verified by other devices. When I try to open a page i get the "can't reach this page server address could not be found" After about 5 to 10 seconds the page will then load correctly. Sometimes the page won't load by...
  4. Server ip address could not be found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Suspicious incoming network connection blocked........................The source IP address...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious incoming network connection blocked........................The source IP address...: The wording in the Subject above is showing on my McAfee Internet Suite under Security History. McAfee says there are 150,000. Is this something I need to be worried about? If the answer is no, is this normal , or is there something I can do to correct this? Windows 10...
  6. server IP address could not be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    server IP address could not be found: I only have this problem with my online banking website...lets me view the website but when i navigate within it kicks me out with that error. If i hit reload a thousand times it finally lets me back in....
  7. IP address issue,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IP address issue,: My computer doesn't recognize network, when I run the troubleshooting, I got 2 messages: 1 the remote device is not set up to accept connections on port TCP. This might be a configuration issue 2 Printer cannot be contacted over the network. Network problems might be...
  8. Server IP Address Could Not Be Found

Server IP Address Could Not Be Found: I'm trying to access a website for homework on google chrome but I keep getting an error called "server IP address could not be found". I ran window Diagnostics and it said that " the device or resource (wpad.Home) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide...
  9. No IP address for Ethernet connection

No IP address for Ethernet connection: I recently bought a Netgear router. The Ethernet connection on the computer is not recognized because it does not have an IP address. How can I fix that?...
  10. IP address lease 192.168.1.2 for Network Card denied by DHCP server

IP address lease 192.168.1.2 for Network Card denied by DHCP server: Each time I switch on my W10 PC, I get an Error 1002 "Address configuration status event" show up in event viewer, and its error description is - The IP address lease 192.168.1.2 for the Network Card with network address 0x00..snip has been denied by the DHCP server...