Windows 10: Network Connection Details: Why does it list 4 ip address next to IPv4

Discus and support Network Connection Details: Why does it list 4 ip address next to IPv4 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi. thank you for helping. I have both my wifi and vpn network connections to OpenDNS , however the vpn connection shows OpenDNS as the last 2 of 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tonightwetaco, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Network Connection Details: Why does it list 4 ip address next to IPv4

hi. thank you for helping.

I have both my wifi and vpn network connections to OpenDNS , however the vpn connection shows OpenDNS as the last 2 of 4 addresses. The first IP is my local IP fine cool, and 8.8.8.8 is google. The VPN support staff said google is a dns value and its normal so no need to remove it.this all sound kosher?

:)

tonightwetaco, Apr 10, 2017

2. IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Windows 10 dhcp

Hello!

In Search Box type "Network Connections" and click on the suggested item "View Network Connections".

Make sure the cable is properly connected, otherwise a red X icon is displayed in the adapter's icon.

Right-click on the network adapter ( like Ethernet ), choose Properties, double click "Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and make sure that "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically". Click OK to close the dialog box.

Right-click the network adapter, choose "Disable" and right-click it again and choose "Enable".

Can you browse web pages now?

You may go back to the page with the adapters, right-click the adapter choose "Status" and then click "Details". Please write here: IPv4 address, IPv4 Default Gateway.

Sorin-Mircea Neagoe, Apr 10, 2017
Thema:

Network Connection Details: Why does it list 4 ip address next to IPv4

1. Network Connection Details: Why does it list 4 ip address next to IPv4 - Similar Threads - Network Connection Details

2. why would an ip address registered to Microsoft be listed as a malicious address and how do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why would an ip address registered to Microsoft be listed as a malicious address and how do...: im noticing an increased amount of suspected malicious activity in the form of DDOS attacks, phishing attachments, and malware/trojan horses....
  3. why would an ip address registered to Microsoft be listed as a malicious address and how do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why would an ip address registered to Microsoft be listed as a malicious address and how do...: im noticing an increased amount of suspected malicious activity in the form of DDOS attacks, phishing attachments, and malware/trojan horses....
  4. Expression Web 4 not converting local IP address to my ISP's IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Expression Web 4 not converting local IP address to my ISP's IP address: My ISP recently changed out my cable modem and new router eero Pro. When I try to publish any one of the 40+ websites I manage I get an error saying "I won't open a connection to 192.168.1.xx only to 149.76.203.106 500" If I query "what is my ip address" through a search...
  5. Expression Web 4 not converting local IP address to my ISP's IP address

Expression Web 4 not converting local IP address to my ISP's IP address: My ISP recently changed out my cable modem and new router eero Pro. When I try to publish any one of the 40+ websites I manage I get an error saying "I won't open a connection to 192.168.1.xx only to 149.76.203.106 500" If I query "what is my ip address" through a search...
  6. Win7: Is there a way to display my IPv4 address/Network Connection Details upon startup...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7: Is there a way to display my IPv4 address/Network Connection Details upon startup...: I just want to see my IPv4 address shown in Network Connection Details when the computer starts up. Before I do anything. There are programs that will display this but I wonder if Windows 7 can do it as well somehow? Without clicking anything. I can create a shortcut to Local...
  7. Win7: Is there a way to display my IPv4 address/Network Connection Details upon startup...

Win7: Is there a way to display my IPv4 address/Network Connection Details upon startup...: I just want to see my IPv4 address shown in Network Connection Details when the computer starts up. Before I do anything. There are programs that will display this but I wonder if Windows 7 can do it as well somehow? Without clicking anything. I can create a shortcut to Local...
  8. Why does an IP address keep changing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does an IP address keep changing?: My printer IP address keeps changing. See attachment. The Port name is always 192.168.1.6 but the Printer IP keeps changing from .6 to .7 and I have to frequently reconfigure the port. Can I stop this from happening? 152517
  9. No IP address for Ethernet connection

No IP address for Ethernet connection: I recently bought a Netgear router. The Ethernet connection on the computer is not recognized because it does not have an IP address. How can I fix that?...
  10. IPv4 IP address conflict since upgrade to Win10

IPv4 IP address conflict since upgrade to Win10: Upgraded an old win7 32-bit Dell Dimension 9200 to Win10 Pro on Friday 31st July. I intended to donate it to a school library in Kenya but shipping / customs costs high so now hoping to sell it to raise funds for the same charity. On Friday 7th August I started to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network connection details ipv4 autoconfiguration address

2. in network connection detail showing 2 autoconfiguration ipv4 setting

3. win10 network connection details lists two ipv4