Windows 10: Network connection dropping on Windows 10 but not on Ubuntu

Discus and support Network connection dropping on Windows 10 but not on Ubuntu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having internet connection drops consistently every few minutes. This has been confirmed by the ISP, they are having connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NoHara42, Apr 28, 2019.

1. NoHara42 Win User

Network connection dropping on Windows 10 but not on Ubuntu

Hello,

I've been having internet connection drops consistently every few minutes.

This has been confirmed by the ISP, they are having connection outages throughout the city.

(Vodafone claims that they aim to fix the issue but cannot give me a date of completion... This has been going on for 2 months! Argh!)

However, when I use Ubuntu on the same computer (I am dual booting), Ubuntu seems to be able to handle the network instability without dropping the connection. What is going on here? This makes me think this is a Windows-specific issue.

I have reset/flushed/ DNS and completed all recommended actions in the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000432

I can also provide the wlan report if necessary.

How best solve this issue?

Cheers,

-Ned O'Hara

:)

NoHara42, Apr 28, 2019
  2. rboppy Win User

Networking issue - Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer, Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

rboppy, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Gymbos Win User
    Networking problem between Windows and Ubuntu

Went on a short trip, took my Windows 10 laptop, turned off the Ubuntu computer and my wife's Windows 10 computer. When I returned, I turned everything back on and nether Windows computer could see the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS computer. On the Ubuntu computer,
    Files/Network clicking on Windows Network received "Unable to access location - Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory" error. Both Windows computers were able to use the Ubuntu before the trip.

Any suggestions?

Gymbos, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Network connection dropping on Windows 10 but not on Ubuntu - Similar Threads - Network connection dropping

2. network connections dropped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network connections dropped: I have a LAN that contains a Linux-based NAS. The mapping of the IP address to device name is covered in both lmhosts and hosts files, and the system knows the relationship. But when I try to map a folder on the NAS to a drive letter and use the name of the device, the system...
  3. network connections dropped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network connections dropped: I have a LAN that contains a Linux-based NAS. The mapping of the IP address to device name is covered in both lmhosts and hosts files, and the system knows the relationship. But when I try to map a folder on the NAS to a drive letter and use the name of the device, the system...
  4. network connections dropped

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. computers dropping connection on network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computers dropping connection on network: HELP!!! First there is no problem connecting to internet on any of the computers involved in this quesiton.After microsoft security intelligence update on Monday July 26, the two computers that connect to my computer, their connections keep dropping or timing out. I do not...
  6. Network connection dropping out

Network connection dropping out: My laptop keeps losing its network connection. When I run troublshooter it fixes the problem and reports its a gateway issue. All other devices have no problem....
  7. Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 computer dropping home network connectivity: First, I'm relatively naive with computers in general but can follow instructions. So please, patience and thank you. I have a desktop computer that runs on windows 10, latest updates installed. This particular desktop is relatively older but holds many of my hard drives for...
  8. Network connection randomly drops out

Network connection randomly drops out: Symptoms: network access randomly drops out on just one PC. It happens while using both wired and wifi connections although on wifi it seems to be more often. Network will eventually return after a while but If I reset the adaptor (disable then enable) then network returns...
  9. Virtual Machine Lost Network Connectivity (Ubuntu)

Virtual Machine Lost Network Connectivity (Ubuntu): I recently shut down my PC for vacation and when I started it back up this week, my Ubuntu virtual machine is complaining that it's unable to connect to the network. The host machine has network access. No changes to configuration were done in recent months. All was working...
  10. Wired network connection keeps dropping

Wired network connection keeps dropping: Let me start by saying I have made no changes to the network recently. Out of the blue my desktop started dropping connection. Or at least that is what I will call it. I have a number of computers and streaming devices through the house. Nothing else has been affected. Today...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ubuntu failed to retrieve share list from server: Network dropped connection on reset

2. how can i prove m network connection is dropping out