Windows 10: Network connection drops while on cable

Discus and support Network connection drops while on cable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the following setup: 2 x windows 10 and 1 X windows 7 computers connected to the same router through cable having 192.168.0.1 as the router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by [Jorje], Apr 8, 2019.

1. [Jorje] Win User

Network connection drops while on cable

I have the following setup:

2 x windows 10 and 1 X windows 7 computers connected to the same router through cable having 192.168.0.1 as the router gateway.

1. win7-box: 192.168.0.38
    2. win10-box1: 192.168.0.211
    3. win10-box2: 192.168.0.24

I am connecting from win7-box, which I'm using as the main machine, through RDP to the other 2 win10 machines.

The connection to 192.168.0.211 runs smoothly but when I connect to 192.168.0.24, the connection gets interrupted after 30-60 seconds and I get the "This computer can't connect to the remote computer" error:

Network connection drops while on cable L9okb.jpg

While ping 192.168.0.24 -t from 192.168.0.38 was running I got this:

Network connection drops while on cable VxAbf.png

Even if after the The connection has been lost error that corresponds to the Request timed outping error - the connection seems to be restored (as ping is up again), if I try to RDP again I get the "Destination host unreachable" error.

Network connection drops while on cable WOTPi.png

Now I cannot RDP to 192.168.0.24 anymore until I manually log into this host by physically using its keyboard.

I also did a ping 192.168.0.1 -t on 192.168.0.24 and noticed the General Failure error that corresponds to the Request timed out from the win7-box

Network connection drops while on cable hGIVc.png

I also noticed that I get the General Failure error intermittently, even if don't try a RDP connection on this win10-box2 machine.

What I did:

1. I tried a Network Reset from the Network&Internet settings:

Network connection drops while on cable QBf6A.png

1. Tried switching the cable itself and the cable port on the router
    2. Tried using a different static ip, other than 192.168.0.24
    3. Tried using the wireless connection to the same router and noticed that even if do get some isolated Request timed out error when continuously pinging win10-box's ip, no issues are found and RDP connection is stable.

I assume this has to be something wrong in my current win10-box2 configuration as the router seems to be working fine on other devices.

The network configuration on win10-box2 is as follows:

Network connection drops while on cable iPy6a.png

The question would be - what else should I try/check in order to solve this issue?

:)

[Jorje], Apr 8, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Gramps Win User
    Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Network connection drops while on cable - Similar Threads - Network connection drops

2. network connections dropped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network connections dropped: I have a LAN that contains a Linux-based NAS. The mapping of the IP address to device name is covered in both lmhosts and hosts files, and the system knows the relationship. But when I try to map a folder on the NAS to a drive letter and use the name of the device, the system...
  3. network connections dropped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network connections dropped: I have a LAN that contains a Linux-based NAS. The mapping of the IP address to device name is covered in both lmhosts and hosts files, and the system knows the relationship. But when I try to map a folder on the NAS to a drive letter and use the name of the device, the system...
  4. network connections dropped

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. computers dropping connection on network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computers dropping connection on network: HELP!!! First there is no problem connecting to internet on any of the computers involved in this quesiton.After microsoft security intelligence update on Monday July 26, the two computers that connect to my computer, their connections keep dropping or timing out. I do not...
  6. Network connection dropping out

Network connection dropping out: My laptop keeps losing its network connection. When I run troublshooter it fixes the problem and reports its a gateway issue. All other devices have no problem....
  7. WiFi drops when HDMI cable is connected

WiFi drops when HDMI cable is connected: Hi all, Extremely bizarre issue on new MSI laptop, using killer wifi. Connecting an HMDI cable to an external monitor the monitor doesn't even have to be plugged in! causes the wifi to stop working. It still registers as connected in the taskbar, but will not connect to any...
  8. RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet

RDP and Network Connection Drops While on Ethernet: I have the following setup: 2 x windows 10 and 1 X windows 7 computers connected to the same router through cable having 192.168.0.1 as the router gateway. win7-box: 192.168.0.38 win10-box1: 192.168.0.211 win10-box2: 192.168.0.24 I am connecting from win7-box, which I'm...
  9. "Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

"Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection: Let's start at the beginning... In early November I broke my collarbone which resulted in my being out of work since. Being unable to really sit in my office at my desk (plugged directly into the modem as I typically am via ethernet), I moved my laptop downtairs and began...
  10. Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable)

Dropping connection to router (both wireless and cable): Hi, when trying to transfer files via network (both wireless and wired) from home NAS (connected directly to router) to laptop, connection drops every couple of minutes. My configuration is: laptop: HP Envy 13-d006nc system: Windows 10 Home 64bit ethernet adapter: i-tec...