Windows 10: network connection reset when unlocking screen

Discus and support network connection reset when unlocking screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I used powershell in the late afternoon to launch a batch mode sftp session to transfer several large files from a remote host. The first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thromb, Dec 10, 2018.

1. thromb Win User

network connection reset when unlocking screen

Hello,

I used powershell in the late afternoon to launch a batch mode sftp session to transfer several large files from a remote host. The first file requires around 20 hours to transfer, and there are others. The next morning, 14 hours later, I unlocked the screen with my pin code to check the status of the transfer. The shell showed error "Connection reset by 10.0.0.X port 22". I reported the starting and ending times of the sftp session with "Get-History | f1". The timestamp on the partially transferred file agrees with time I unlocked the screen.

I tested this again by restarting the file transfer, letting the screen lock, and the unlocking it by typing my pin code. Again, at the moment I unlocked the screen the sftp session ends due to "Connection reset by 10.0.0.X port 22".

Why is window10 closing my sFTP session when I unlock the screen? What can I do to prevent it?

Thanks

Pete

:)

thromb, Dec 10, 2018

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Dec 10, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

network connection reset when unlocking screen [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

network connection reset when unlocking screen [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. network connection reset when unlocking screen - Similar Threads - network connection reset

2. unlock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unlock screen: I think I accidently pushed the lock screen button when trying to shut the computer down. Now when I try to access the button far to the left to turn the computer off, it will not work. Please, will you instruct me on how to get to the turn off screen again?Thanks so much and...
  3. unlock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlock screen: I think I accidently pushed the lock screen button when trying to shut the computer down. Now when I try to access the button far to the left to turn the computer off, it will not work. Please, will you instruct me on how to get to the turn off screen again?Thanks so much and...
  4. Screen connection stops working when pc is reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen connection stops working when pc is reset?: I use a system unit with which I've connectedmy tv set as it's screen the operating systemisWindows10 with AMD VGA inside after the reset, the tv is displaying no signal. I tried using the default HDMI port provided by Intel and it still doesn't work. I need help...
  5. Screen connection stops working when pc is reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen connection stops working when pc is reset?: I use a system unit with which I've connectedmy tv set as it's screen the operating systemisWindows10 with AMD VGA inside after the reset, the tv is displaying no signal. I tried using the default HDMI port provided by Intel and it still doesn't work. I need help...
  6. Screen connection stops working when pc is reset?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. blue screen after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blue screen after network reset: every time i use the network reset button i get the driver power state failure blue screen, does anyone know how to stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-after-network-reset/099dc0c9-be1e-42c4-9b40-96bc90283cf1
  8. Blue Screen after Network reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after Network reset: Hi, yesterday my WiFi icon is not showing at taskbar, then i tried to open the Network settings, it shows a Dashed Line, i tried everything to fix it, but nothing works. Then i tried to do Network Reset, then i restarted my PC, but Blue Screen Automatic Repair happened, how...
  9. Screen Unlock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Screen Unlock: I have forgotten my screen unlock password and cannot get past the initial screen when I turn my system on. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-unlock/9cbfd0c1-aaa8-4aea-bfab-d959052b95ec
  10. BSOD when trying to reset network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when trying to reset network: I've been having network issues for a long time. It wasn't that bad because it only occurred when waking up from sleep or cold boot. But for quite some time already(few month) I've been missing connection when working, which interrupted some of my proceedings. Blue screen...