Windows 10: Network connection setting

Discus and support Network connection setting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a new router today. When connecting to the network on my laptop, for some reason the laptop was treating the connection as a ethernet connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Logan Quick, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Network connection setting

I got a new router today. When connecting to the network on my laptop, for some reason the laptop was treating the connection as a ethernet connection rather than as wifi. When I was looking into this, I used a troubleshooter to try to fix it and foolishly changed a setting on the laptop that made it so my computer only uses wifi connections and no other types of connections. I haven’t been able to locate this setting again to change it back. This is a problem since the wifi network I want to use is being treated as an ethernet connection and therefore the laptop won’t connect to it.

So, my question is primarily on how to find that setting again to change it back, and secondarily why the connection is being seen as an ethernet connection.

:)

Logan Quick, Mar 21, 2020

2. How to set up wireless network connection?

Hello everyone...

I want to connect wireless network connection to my laptop. But I don't know why I am unable to do it.. I am getting some error. I think some configuration setting kind of error. Can you please provide me some steps so that I can get my work done.
    Thankx!!

ashleysimpson052, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Network connection setting

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Network connection setting

1. Network connection setting - Similar Threads - Network connection setting

2. Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.: Hello so I have been having an issue for a few days now and am hoping someone is able to help me. I have a fairly old laptop you could say lenovo thinkpad though I haven't had many problems with it as it runs well. To get to the point I cannot open my internet settings but...
  3. Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.: Hello so I have been having an issue for a few days now and am hoping someone is able to help me. I have a fairly old laptop you could say lenovo thinkpad though I haven't had many problems with it as it runs well. To get to the point I cannot open my internet settings but...
  4. Trouble opening settings and connecting to network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. 1 network setting crash 2 network connection

1 network setting crash 2 network connection: A few problems with my desktop running Windows 20h2 Pro:If I open "Network & Internet" settings it crashes immediately or occasionally within a second or two. I can open every other settings without problemWhat I can see about the network is is that Windows reports that I'm...
  6. How to set network Proxy settings per WIFI connection?

How to set network Proxy settings per WIFI connection?: Windows 10 version 2004+ Is there any way to set Proxy settings for specific wifi or lan connections, so that when switching networks one does not have to manually go and change the proxy settings? this is very easily accomplished on android. I often switch networks at work...
  7. Network & Internet Settings - No Connection Options

Network & Internet Settings - No Connection Options: Hi, earlier today my Internet connection suddenly stopped working on my Windows 10 PC. Clicking on the Internet connection button in the bottom right brings up only "Network & Internet settings. Change settings, such as making a connection metred." There is no WiFi or...
  8. Two network connected and how to set to choose software to the network

Two network connected and how to set to choose software to the network: Just wondering if we can do this?, I have two networks connected such Network 1 and Network 2 are separate. How can I set the software to connect network 1 or network 2 without automatically? For example: Microsoft Edge go connect the Network 1 and Chrome go connect to...
  9. Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...: But I'm currently browsing the internet and typing to you. In fact - I can do virtually everything (League; Steam; Skype; etc) except use any OS feature that requires logging in - e.g. Mail, User Accounts, Shop, etc. Then it says something along the lines of "Cannot use...
  10. Network settings and connections empty

Network settings and connections empty: Hello, My grandpa accidentally upgraded to windows 10. And since then I have unable to connect the PC to the network. - Net work connections is empty - ipconfig is empty - No lights lit at the back of the PC when connecting it to the router with a Ethernet cable. -...