Windows 10: Network connection settings problem IPv6 address

Discus and support Network connection settings problem IPv6 address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I always choose to “Obtain an IPv6 address automatically” in my network settings, but the settings often change to “Use the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ian Chen54321, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Network connection settings problem IPv6 address

Hi everyone,

I always choose to “Obtain an IPv6 address automatically” in my network settings, but the settings often change to “Use the following IPv6 address” by itself where the IPv6 address is changed to some weird values like fdaa::1:f2 and Subnet prefix length is 64.

The network connection settings I am talking about can be found by going to “Control Panel”à “View network status and tasks” à “Change adapter settings” and right click on the network connection to select “Properties” and in the items list, select “Internet Protocol Version 6 TCP/IPv6” and then click on “Properties” to see the settings under “General” tab.

Does anyone know what could have caused the settings to change by itself? And how do I stop this problem from happening again?

Network connection settings problem IPv6 address d1573dac-80d2-4daf-b688-71be2a0583b5?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ian Chen54321, Apr 2, 2020
  2. philness Win User

ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access

So I thought my problem was solved, and then just now my internet stopped working again. Same problem, ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access. Anyone have any suggestions?

philness, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Network connection settings problem IPv6 address

how do i enable IPv6

Hi,

Xbox One can connect to networks using two protocols that allow devices to transmit information: the traditional IPv4 communications protocol, and its newer version, IPv6. For Xbox One to connect to the Internet using IPv6, your home router needs to
    have IPv6 enabled, and your Internet service provider (ISP) must support IPv6.

IPv6 expands the number of possible IP addresses (the unique numbers that represent every device on the Internet). And—most useful for Xbox—the expansion removes the need for Network
    Address Translation (NAT)
    , which can interfere with multiplayer gaming and chat over IPv4 networks.

Your Xbox will work normally without IPv6 connectivity. However, for the best possible experience, we recommend enabling IPv6 on your network.

Here’s how to check:

• On your controller, Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Settings > All settings.
    • Select Network > Network settings.
    If your Xbox One has IPv6 connectivity, your Current Network Status will read IPv4 & IPv6. (To see your actual IP and gateway addresses, select Advanced settings.)

Several home routers support IPv6 but disable it by default. Check the manual for your router, or visit our Networking
    Hardware Information
    support forum. If your router has IPv6 enabled, but your Xbox is connected on IPv4, I suggest that you try
    contacting your ISP to see if IPv6 is available in your area.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Network connection settings problem IPv6 address

1. Network connection settings problem IPv6 address - Similar Threads - Network connection settings

2. IPv6 Connectivity: No network access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPv6 Connectivity: No network access: Just got a new PC, and installed Windows 10 Education got a copy from my school, UBC, plugged in ethernet, and everything was fine for a little bit but then the internet stopped working for certain sites. Google sites work fine, many other sites load after a little bit of...
  3. IPV6 Connectivity : No Network Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IPV6 Connectivity : No Network Access: Hello,everyone. So recently I realized that my PC runs on IPV4 since I took the WebRTC test due to voice quality issues on discord. I checked the status of my connection and next to IPV6 it said "No Network Access". Ive tried many troubleshooting guides online, which include:...
  4. IPV6 : No Network Access

IPV6 : No Network Access: Hello,everyone. So recently I realized that my PC runs on IPV4 since I took the WebRTC test due to voice quality issues on discord. I checked the status of my connection and next to IPV6 it said "No Network Access". Ive tried many troubleshooting guides online, which include:...
  5. Windows 10 IPv6 Connectivity No Network Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 IPv6 Connectivity No Network Access: I can't enable IPv6 on Windows 10 even though I am able to get an IPv6 address from my Macbook and iPhone connected to the same network. On my wifi adapter or ethernet adapter (I tried both wired/wireless), it says "No network access". I googled and tried these steps below...
  6. Unable to get ipv6 address

Unable to get ipv6 address: I have problem with ipv6 connectivity.I have 2 different OS on the same machine, but only ubuntu can access ipv6. On win10, it seems that the ipv6 address cannot be assigned to the OS. I can only get one fe80: gateway. Another win10 device can get ipv6 address through the...
  7. ipv6 connectivity

ipv6 connectivity: hi all windows 10 users how to get ipv6 to connect acer E1-570. in my network and sharing it shows ipv4 internet connected but ipv6 says no internet connection do I need to have ipv6 connected and is it important my internet is fine l dont understand this any help welcome...
  8. IPv6 Connectivity: No network access

IPv6 Connectivity: No network access: I'm not that computer savvy and I've been going through forums but nothing is working to get my computer to connect to the internet again. It was working fine yesterday so I have no idea what changed. All other devices can connect. Using my laptop to search. IPv4 is...
  9. IPV6 connectivity problems

IPV6 connectivity problems: Are there any people around here with IPV6 experience? I've got a Fritzbox 7490 and my provider supports IPV6 by a 6RD tunnel. I'm pretty sure that the connection to the provider works since the Fritzbox web interface shows IPV6 as "connected" and it also shows an address and...
  10. ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access

ipv4 connected ipv6 no network access: Hello all, I just bought a new computer and it connected to the internet fine. Today, right after an update from Asus Live Update, my internet stopped working. It says the wifi is connected but when I open a browser and search it says no internet. I went into control panel...