Windows 10: Network Connection, Status & Available Networks Disappeared

Discus and support Network Connection, Status & Available Networks Disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After numerous searches on here and the internet I have not found a resolution that covers all that is going on with my computer. It seemed to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brusse11, Jun 24, 2020.

1. brusse11 Win User

Network Connection, Status & Available Networks Disappeared

After numerous searches on here and the internet I have not found a resolution that covers all that is going on with my computer.

It seemed to have intermittent issues with wireless networks not showing up on occasion then following an update I lost the network icon in the task bar at the bottom right and had no internet connection. I have also noticed when network status is opened it doesn't show my computer in the diagram. Both of these are shown in the screenshot. I'm also suspicious of only having two adapters available Ethernet 2 & Wifi Computer no longer has a wired or wireless connection.

System was windows 7 and had upgrade to 10.

Fixes tried so far;

Ran Windows Network Diagnostics= no identified problems

Ran Adapter Diagnostics=no identified problems

Ran command prompts = no success

Network Reset= no success

Bought a second computer to get help

Thanks in advance.

Network Connection, Status & Available Networks Disappeared 13b9b89a-6060-4423-b81e-219aceee4afa?upload=true.jpg

:)

brusse11, Jun 24, 2020

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Network Status Not Connected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you to try the steps provided in article:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows. Also check if the proxy settings are
    disabled. To check the proxy settings:

1. Open Windows Settings (Windows key + I)
    2. Then click on Network & Internet > Proxy.
    3. Toggle the option Automatically detect settings to ON.
    4. Toggle the option Use a proxy server to OFF.

Hope it helps.

Naresh_K, Jun 24, 2020
  4. ebakunin Win User

Home network has disappeared from network list

I have two devices connected to my home wireless network, my phone and my laptop. Recently my network has disappeared from the laptop's list of networks. This did not happen with my phone, which works fine. By disappeared I mean my home network cannot be discovered by my laptop. This is not a connection issue because I cannot find the network to connect to. I do not have this problem with any other wireless network. I followed the various command prompts suggested by Microsoft's troubleshooting guide (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...nection-issues). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ebakunin, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Network Connection, Status & Available Networks Disappeared - Similar Threads - Network Connection Status

2. Available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available networks disappear: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop and this problem started since I installed some optional updates from Windows Update. Now my laptop barely receives internet signal even when I am next to the router. Now the problem is that I can see the available networks for a minute and then it...
  3. Available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available networks disappear: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop and this problem started since I installed some optional updates from Windows Update. Now my laptop barely receives internet signal even when I am next to the router. Now the problem is that I can see the available networks for a minute and then it...
  4. Available networks disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My available network name/connection disappeared

My available network name/connection disappeared: My available network name/connection disappeared. I use my cell phone as a hotspot and I usually connect my laptop automatically with no problems. All of a sudden out of nowhere my network name is not showing up at all so whenever I turn my hotspo on on the cell phoneI log on...
  6. Available Wifi Networks disappeared

Available Wifi Networks disappeared: Hello, I have a HP 8830 desktop. I reinstalled win10 using the creation tool. Since doing the updates I no longer am able to view all available wireless networks. my phone displays all networks I ran the trouble shooter; rebooted the router without success. I also rebooted...
  7. Network Status Not Connected

Network Status Not Connected: Why is my Network Status Not Connected even though i am able to surf via Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge. But the Windows update, Xbox App and other Windows Apps thinks i am not connected. I've tried resetting, updating and rolling back my network adapter but it didn't work....
  8. Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear

Wi-Fi drops connection and available networks disappear: hello, My laptop drops connection with my wi-fi network and all available wi-fi networks disappear from the list. After 1 minute, networks that disappeared reappears, but doesn't connect automatically to my network (connect automatically is checked). This happens every 30...
  9. View Available Networks disappears

View Available Networks disappears: Sometimes when I need to reconnect to wifi, available networks is not visible. There are no networks, only visible is airplane mode at the bottom. I have to restart which is a pain. Any suggestions? 111971
  10. Network connections disappeared

Network connections disappeared: Running a Win 10 machine and 2 XP machines on a network. All was well yesterday, but for some reason today the two other PC do not shopw up on the network and I can't seem to get them back. As an example one of the missing PCs is called Xptransfer and the other BasementPC....