Windows 10: Network connections not working.

Discus and support Network connections not working. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 desktop computers connected together by ethernet through a Motorola Surfboard Router on a Xfinity network. Both computers access the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikeTerrien, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Network connections not working.

I have 2 desktop computers connected together by ethernet through a Motorola Surfboard Router on a Xfinity network. Both computers access the internet with no problems. The problems are that one of the computers can't see the other. On the Network View of computers and devices both computers can see all the devices and use the printer devices. But as far as computers go the first computer sees itself but cannot see or access the second computer or it's shared files. That second computer cannot see itself but can see the first computer and access it's shared files. I have run the Network Troubleshooter on everything and it can't find any problems.

At this point I'm out of ideas. I need some help. I don't want to go back to sneaker-net. Please can someone help me?

Mike

:)

MikeTerrien, Nov 27, 2018

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Network connections not working.

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Network connections not working.

1. Network connections not working. - Similar Threads - Network connections working

2. My network connection isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network connection isnt working: Hey,I got the problem that i gotta restart my pc many times or reset my network or pull out my network amplifier before my network connection works. I use a network amplifier connected with a cable to my pc. If I use troubleshooting it always tells me that I gotta connect my...
  3. My network connection isnt working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My network connection isnt working: Hey,I got the problem that i gotta restart my pc many times or reset my network or pull out my network amplifier before my network connection works. I use a network amplifier connected with a cable to my pc. If I use troubleshooting it always tells me that I gotta connect my...
  4. My network connection isnt working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network connected and network is working but in taskbar shows global symbol

Network connected and network is working but in taskbar shows global symbol: how to solve the issue of my laptop network is working and connected but in taskbar shows only global symbol<Changed to a question & moved from Community Center>...
  6. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected: I am using a HP EQ2024AU laptop I recently had to reset my windows os due to some errors after that everything worked fine even the internet is working fine but the internet status icon shows that its not connected to internet whereas all webpages are opening fine like...
  7. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected: I am using a HP EQ2024AU laptop I recently had to reset my windows os due to some errors after that everything worked fine even the internet is working fine but the internet status icon shows that its not connected to internet whereas all webpages are opening fine like...
  8. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

9. Work Computer Can Not connect to Work Network

Work Computer Can Not connect to Work Network: Hello all, One of the Microsoft Surface Laptops I am in charge of maintaining has started running into an issue regarding connecting to the business network, the computer is part of the business domain which has a group rule of having the network remembered, it will appear...
  10. Network Connectivity, Windows10 and Printer -- not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Connectivity, Windows10 and Printer -- not working: I have a new computer with Windows 10. Printer, Epson WorkForce 840 is older and is not recognizing or will it allow me to type in updated wifi network connection. I have troubleshooted every which way you can think of. What do you advise?...