Windows 10: network connections only showing ethernet

Discus and support network connections only showing ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, i'm having that issue where my computer is only showing network connections to ethernet and not wi-fi. other devices in my home are able to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ssim46, Jul 10, 2021.

1. ssim46 Win User

network connections only showing ethernet

hi, i'm having that issue where my computer is only showing network connections to ethernet and not wi-fi. other devices in my home are able to connect to wi-fi. when i checked device manager, the wi-fi adapter was hidden and its status was not connected. i tried updating the network adapters, and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wi-fi adapter. when i restarted the computer the wi-fi adapter didn't automatically reinstall and i can't locate it in device manager any more. not sure what to try now.

:)

ssim46, Jul 10, 2021

2. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Ethernet connection not showing up

I have a Dell XPS 8300. I upgraded to Windows 10 and the Ethernet connect stopped working and showing up. The wireless connection shows up and and works. However turning off the WiFi also makes the intergrity light go out on the Ethernet connection. When
    I go to "View Your Network Properties" The Ethernet connection is list and working along with the Wifi. If I go to the Device Manager and look at the network adapters the ethenet connection is reported as working correctly. The motherboard ethernat uses Broadcom
    BCM57788 chip.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

JosephO.Marsh, Jul 10, 2021
  4. FrKasqar Win User

Domain network ethernet not working but wifi does?

Hi FreeBooter, I already came across this article and followed the steps with no results, I came across other articles that suggested the same steps but still nothing has worked? Thanks for the reply.

FrKasqar, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

1. network connections only showing ethernet - Similar Threads - network connections showing

2. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet: Okay so I am on my wits end. I have tried all the fixes I can find online. I have downloaded the newest driver from Asus. Under control panel > network and internet > network connections there is only Ethernet network cable. My computer sometimes lets me pull up the internet...
  3. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet: Okay so I am on my wits end. I have tried all the fixes I can find online. I have downloaded the newest driver from Asus. Under control panel > network and internet > network connections there is only Ethernet network cable. My computer sometimes lets me pull up the internet...
  4. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port: only ethernet 2 showing on a laptop with one ethernet port and i can't connect to internet using ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-ethernet-2-showing-in-network-connections-on/a1fbaf6c-583d-437c-96f0-44e32dba9f58
  6. only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port: only ethernet 2 showing on a laptop with one ethernet port and i can't connect to internet using ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-ethernet-2-showing-in-network-connections-on/a1fbaf6c-583d-437c-96f0-44e32dba9f58
  7. only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port

8. Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected

Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected: I can browse the internet, download files, etc. but because Windows doesn't seem to know it is connected via ethernet I can't download Windows updates. I've tried an operating reset twice and not getting anywhere, neither by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers....
  9. Ethernet only showing in network connections (Windows 10)

Ethernet only showing in network connections (Windows 10): I've been stressing out trying to find out how to get WiFi back into network connections because I didn't want to keep using an Ethernet cable. When I open up the network tab, there is no networks showing at all except for my Ethernet cable....
  10. Connected via WiFi but only ethernet network icon shows in Tray

Connected via WiFi but only ethernet network icon shows in Tray: Here's a strange one. I am connected via Wifi, everything works fine, fast, stable. But I just noticed the icon showing in my Tray area is the wired ethernet icon. (No RJ45 cable connected, no docking station). [img] Is this a bug or a feature? 74525