Windows 10: Network Connections within Single Network

Discus and support Network Connections within Single Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a base modem and a network extender. I would like to have Windows seek and automatically log into and out of the different devices when I move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anita02110, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Network Connections within Single Network

I have a base modem and a network extender. I would like to have Windows seek and automatically log into and out of the different devices when I move from one room to another.

I am using Windows 10 up-to-date. Currently, if I am logged into the internet via the main modem and move to an area where I need the range extender, I need to manually select the range extender for the system to use that connection even though I have it set up to connect automatically.

Any suggestions?

:)

anita02110, Jul 3, 2020

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Network Connections within Single Network

Can't Connect To Single Network

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you.

I suggest you to perform the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Network troubleshooter, it will automatically troubleshoot the network problem and check. If it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Network troubleshooter.
    • Click on Advanced on the Network troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Network troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, try the below provided information:

Method 2.

I would suggest you to update network adaptor driver. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Locate for Network adaptor and expand it.
    • Right click on the Wi-Fi device
      and click on update driver software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Network Connections within Single Network

1. Network Connections within Single Network - Similar Threads - Network Connections within

2. My Windows 11 has issues connecting to a single network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 has issues connecting to a single network.: As the title states, my Windows 11 PC has issues connecting to a single WiFi network.It only has issues connecting to this particular network. It can connect just fine to other networks. I’ve already tried all the pre-determined fixes on the Microsoft Support website to no...
  3. Networking two windows computers within home network problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networking two windows computers within home network problem: I have 2 windows PC's. Both on a local network. Both linked to a Microsoft account. Both set up to use a PIN or Facial recognition to login to windows. All that works fine. What I am trying to do is locally access PC1 from PC2 and vice versa. This used to work just fine until...
  4. Networking two windows computers within home network problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networking two windows computers within home network problem: I have 2 windows PC's. Both on a local network. Both linked to a Microsoft account. Both set up to use a PIN or Facial recognition to login to windows. All that works fine. What I am trying to do is locally access PC1 from PC2 and vice versa. This used to work just fine until...
  5. Copying and Pasting within a Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying and Pasting within a Network Drive: I have a computer in the office that is connected to the Network Drive that rest of the office works off. When I use this computer, If I copy and paste a folder within the network drive it doesn't create 'Folder - Copy' it instead pastes all the elements of 'Folder' back into...
  6. Copying and Pasting within a Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying and Pasting within a Network Drive: I have a computer in the office that is connected to the Network Drive that rest of the office works off. When I use this computer, If I copy and paste a folder within the network drive it doesn't create 'Folder - Copy' it instead pastes all the elements of 'Folder' back into...
  7. Copying and Pasting within a Network Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".: The title says it all, but i have read other problem submissions and solutions but none of them work. This includes resetting my network, using device manager, using command prompt, and pretty much every other solution posted out there. ...there.If it helps, it says "Checking...
  9. my pc won't connect to a single internet network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my pc won't connect to a single internet network: hello, as you saw in the title my pc won't connect to a single internet network (with windows 10 as the operating system obviously), everytime i try to connect to my internet network it shows a message saying "can't connect to this network", i've been searching a solution but...
  10. Connected to Network, but others PC's not showing within the Network in explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected to Network, but others PC's not showing within the Network in explorer?: Hello, I have connected my computer to a network, all fairly new machines running windows 10. I can access the files on the server computer by creating a desktop shortcut to \\EASY-SERVER and double clicking it, so the connection is definitely there. The issue I have is...